Mere words cannot describe what you are about to see.

• 111 results
NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By NTM

That was... depressing. And kind of funny. Why would someone make that though?
BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#52  Edited By BabyChooChoo

If you ask me, Molyneux did the right thing...

Avatar image for the_official_japanese_teabag
the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@weeman105 said:
" I still don't know what to say about that video and I've been sitting here for 10 minutes. "
Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#54  Edited By Yummylee

Loved it, with all the moody art and sincere music. And when Shigeru arrived wearing a Bowser costume, it gave me a very strong Ed Gein vibe..

Avatar image for gunslingerpanda
GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By GunslingerPanda

Trolling morons in the comments is great fun.

Ben99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#56  Edited By Ben99
@Sincillian said:
" @MasterOfPenguins_Zell said:
" @Llama said:
" WHAT THE FUCK DID I JUST WATCH "
"
"
donutfever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

#57  Edited By donutfever
TheGremp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By TheGremp

Do you really believe the story behind this?  Just take a look at the twitter account of the same name.  It tells the whole backstory of it, and the description states,  

Obviously this isn't the real Peter Molyneux, just a twisted character based on my favourite British Game Designer.

Come on, guys. 

Regardless, it's still a great animation.  Won't be forgetting this for a while.
Avatar image for relentlessknight
RelentlessKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 32

#59  Edited By RelentlessKnight

is this like the south park episode where George Lucas and Stephen Spielberg is raping Indiana Jones? 

Anyways this is just plain creepy than something out of David Lynch

Kjellm87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#60  Edited By Kjellm87

Yeah I think Nintendo is doing fine, it's the change in the industry itself that worries me now and then.

audiosnag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By audiosnag

....that was MESSED. UP.
And also kinda awesome...
I don't believe all the Molyneux bidness though. Sounds like horse hockey to me.

fjordson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#62  Edited By fjordson

I'm freaked out now. Disturbing, but pretty cool.

If that was some sort of crazy criticism of the motion control craziness then I'm with the guy. Fuck waggle.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By FluxWaveZ
@TaliciaDragonsong said:
" Its bloody true tho, Nintendo ain't what it used to be, and it hurts.  Guy might be crazy, but he's totally spot in my opinion. Also, who cares about Molyneux >.> Ignore him and Fable ain't half bad. "
How is he spot on? Nintendo has always catered to a younger audience. It's just that now, with the Wii, they cater to a much larger one than just kids. 

And that video was hilarious but fuckings stupid. Probably not the only reason he got fired, but I'm sure it was the tipping point.
RobertOrri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#64  Edited By RobertOrri

So we're taking youtube comments as facts now? Really?

Come on, people.

Ragdrazi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Ragdrazi

Yeah. I hate motion gaming too.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By FluxWaveZ
@RobertOrri said:
" So we're taking youtube comments as facts now? Really?  Come on, people. "
It's true, actually, going from the NeoGAF thread. 

Also, this was in the dude's notepad as well: 

No Caption Provided
audiosnag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By audiosnag
@FluxWaveZ: ....wow...that's um.....
...wow
Levio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#68  Edited By Levio

Don't really care who made it or why, that video was awesome.

yakov456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#69  Edited By yakov456

Damn, that was wild.

SoothsayerGB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By SoothsayerGB

Great idea to fire him.  He surely isn't the type to go postal for now reason.

Aeterna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Aeterna

I really liked that. Also have to agree with the point it makes. Thanks for sharing, I have no clue why people would get butthurt over something like this, grow a pair people!

ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 5

#72  Edited By ThePhantomnaut

This is an effectively crude surrealistic art piece that gets the themes and points across excellently with no fear. Mr. Young had an unfortunate outcome but what he has done deserves some respect for being brutally honest.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By FluxWaveZ
@Aeterna: @ThePhantomnaut: What's the point?
Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Afroman269

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@FluxWaveZ said:
" @TaliciaDragonsong said:
" Its bloody true tho, Nintendo ain't what it used to be, and it hurts.  Guy might be crazy, but he's totally spot in my opinion. Also, who cares about Molyneux >.> Ignore him and Fable ain't half bad. "
How is he spot on? Nintendo has always catered to a younger audience. It's just that now, with the Wii, they cater to a much larger one than just kids.  And that video was hilarious but fuckings stupid. Probably not the only reason he got fired, but I'm sure it was the tipping point. "
Opinions, opinions my friend.
The video has a certain falr but its far beyond anything special or unique.

I think he's spot on, Nintendo changed for the worst, there's been great games but they really let a lot of gamers down and especially the first period of the Wii was horribly bland with games except a few gems.
We old Nintendo fans just want those old fun games back, or more of the new ones.
W0lfbl1tzers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By W0lfbl1tzers
@FluxWaveZ said:
" @RobertOrri said:
" So we're taking youtube comments as facts now? Really?  Come on, people. "
It's true, actually, going from the NeoGAF thread. 

Also, this was in the dude's notepad as well: 

No Caption Provided
"
Now you're taking postings from a fake twitter accounts as fact now?
Avatar image for lordxavierbritish
LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

This is fucking amazing. I love the internet.
lordbazuco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By lordbazuco

this video is so David lynch-Esq

ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By ThePhantomnaut
@FluxWaveZ said:

" @Aeterna:  @ThePhantomnaut: What's the point? "

He likely wanted to show how Nintendo went from being known to have popular franchises like Mario to now with the Wii, a console with WiiPlay and the other general products it has available; if that makes any sense. I watched it again, it has a very purist OG perspective.
FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By FluxWaveZ
@TaliciaDragonsong: And I still think that those who say this are just affected by nostalgia. The gamers they've "let down" have known Nintendo since they were kids and now, they're adults. Nintendo doesn't make adult oriented games and never has, so they aim for the audience they always have: the kids. Those who are growing up now and are experiencing the Wii probably have the same amusement and admiration for Nintendo as those who grew up with the SNES. They still make their known franchise games such as Mario Galaxy, Kirby or Donkey Kong and most of these games are quite good. Perhaps many people are just frustrated that nothing new or fresh, mostly IP-wise, is coming from Nitnendo but that hasn't occurred much since probably the GameCube. They were obviously in their formative years with the NES and SNES, but they've found their groove and will just continue with it until it actually fails them. 

@ThePhantomnaut said: 

" He likely wanted to show how Nintendo went from being known to have popular franchises like Mario to now with the Wii, a console with WiiPlay and the more general products; if that makes sense. I watched it again, it has a very purist OG perspective. "

Alright, but if that's the point, it's not very accurate since Mario games are still being made and they're pretty good. Heck, the Wii is the first platform in which there have been 2 new 3D Mario games and they're great.    
FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By FluxWaveZ
@W0lfbl1tzers said:
" Now you're taking postings from a fake twitter accounts as fact now? "
"Peter Molyneux 2" is actually handled by Graham Young himself so I fail to see how this is fake.
ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By ThePhantomnaut
NekuCTR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By NekuCTR

Did they miss the part where SMG2 was like one of the greatest games of the decade?

Tricks73r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Tricks73r

I want my money back. 

Rattle618

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Rattle618

lol that dude is a psycho, Id say Peter is as good as dead, but I would fire his ass too.

Avatar image for theseductivemoose
TheSeductiveMoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Even though I have no opinion on the subject he tried to convey, I really liked it.

WickedCestus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#88  Edited By WickedCestus

That was awesome. I don't care about whatever "point" there was; I just ignored the whole Nintendo thing and thought it was a cool piece of animation. Loved the way Mario looked.

Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Enigma777

People need to understand that unlike other game developers, Nintendo is growing up with their fans. Gamers are getting old and are expecting more mature games, but Nintendo still panders to a younger audience and I really can't blame them cause someone has to do it and they do a damn fine job of it. Plus there are other companies (Sony and Nintendo) that offer just what you want. 

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@FluxWaveZ: 
I really have nothing to do with these people you speak off, my opinion my own and mine alone.
I think Nintendo lost their way for a good while, there was so little real games for some periods that it just felt that the Wii had died for me.
All the major releases grace my shelf and all the new ones will also do that but for a while Nintendo's support of anything beyond waggling and family stuff was minimal, and there aren't a lot of good third party games (by now there's quite a few, but where the other 'pure' consoles had lots of good titles from big and small devs alike, the Wii had shovelware or great games murdered by forced motion controls) you could play at the time to wait for the big names.

Nintendo should hold steady to its known ips, they made icons, genre's and defined videogames time and time again, but their focus was too much on the mainstream side of gamers.
I don't care if its new or old what they publish, I just know it has the Nintendo polish, the same polish that made me extend my boundaries and genre's, made me try things I'd never play otherwise because I know the game was quality. 

This has little to do with the video, I only agreed that for a time it really felt Nintendo lost, the wait till the last E3 to see if they went for heartbeat sensor or old icons was quite a thrill for me.
They can, should, do both mainstream and core because they can pull it off, but I'm worried some games just get ruined by their desire to put motion control or other 'mainstream' stuff in the games.
More games should have the Super Smash Bros Brawl options in terms of how to control a game, at least offer joystick support, because there's games some gamers don't touch because of the Wiimote.
Their loss, but also a loss for Nintendo for not adding such a function.
But yeah, lots of decisions they made and I will still support them as I always did with whatever they want (go 3DS!), as long as they keep doing their icons honor.
mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By mordukai

So that's why Fable 3 wasn't that good.H e was too busy snooping through his employees computers.  

Couldn't resist the zinger. 

RobertOrri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By RobertOrri
@FluxWaveZ said:

" @W0lfbl1tzers said:

" Now you're taking postings from a fake twitter accounts as fact now? "

"Peter Molyneux 2" is actually handled by Graham Young himself so I fail to see how this is fake. "
 http://www.caponeart.com/sadstory.htm

Who is Graham Young?

I never wanted to put my own name to this and didn't plan on adding it to my portfolio. Still believe that if I planned it as a portfolio piece it would have turned out much different and wouldn't have been anywhere near as strange. Also none of the work, even the texturing is a reresentation of the quality of my 'real' work so I didn't want to put my name to it. So I based the name on a serial killer who poisoned his victims, seemed fitting somehow. That also tied in with the petermolyneux2 (fake twitter account of mine) viral campaign.

It's amazing what you can find with a bit of research, huh? Lesson learned: Don't ever believe anything written in youtube comments.
jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#93  Edited By jakob187

That video...was fucking...brilliant.  Goddamn loved it!

artofwar420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By artofwar420

At first I was like "WTF", but then it got super introspective, then sad. It was sorta like looking into a mirror. I saw it more as a commentary on the industry as a whole. It was like a big warning sign telling us "watch out for the road ahead, things could go super wrong".

Is this what we do? Is this what the industry is doing? Milking franchises 'till they become whithered husks of their former selves, barely recognizable; their only use is to make us money. 

Is this our future? The creative aspect gone, game developers will turn into marketing machines only capable of making games that will make them money. 

I wouldn't have fired that guy, I would have asked him to design the next Fable game.

Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By Karl_Boss

Youtube spam

mazik765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By mazik765

Ok well...so much for sleeping tonight...

Avatar image for deactivated-587815b1c9354
deactivated-587815b1c9354

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wanna go home.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By FluxWaveZ
@RobertOrri said:
"  http://www.caponeart.com/sadstory.htm

Who is Graham Young?

I never wanted to put my own name to this and didn't plan on adding it to my portfolio. Still believe that if I planned it as a portfolio piece it would have turned out much different and wouldn't have been anywhere near as strange. Also none of the work, even the texturing is a reresentation of the quality of my 'real' work so I didn't want to put my name to it. So I based the name on a serial killer who poisoned his victims, seemed fitting somehow. That also tied in with the petermolyneux2 (fake twitter account of mine) viral campaign.

It's amazing what you can find with a bit of research, huh? Lesson learned: Don't ever believe anything written in youtube comments. "
I had actually searched about this and the Twitter account (I barely checked the Youtube comments at all), but I guess I missed that page and the actual story. Good to know that the creator of the video might not be as crazy as I thought. Still think it's dumb, though.
artofwar420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By artofwar420

So this guy made a totally awesome viral campaign to go with his video. He might not have worked for Lion Head, but I still dig the video.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#100  Edited By Claude

So, the prophesy is true. I am animated, nothing more than a dream, a game within a game. A game of death of truth of the lost video game virtues of our time. I will be replayed. I must. If not, all is lost and I'm afraid.