PLEASE READ! - Why Bomb Squad was locked!

• 198 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#51  Edited By BoG
Black_Rose said:
"To be honest i don't think it's fair to punish all of us for a few spamers and trolls, sure there was a lot of bullshit going on but at times there was actual conversation"
We aren't punishing all of you who posted in the BS for what skul or ic9 did, do not interpret it that way. We are trying to make Giant Bomb better, and this is something we felt would help.

Don't think that we moderators have it out for all of you, that is not the case. So many times over my e-life, I've seen people bash mods for having a vendetta against fun. I had never personally witnessed it, but with all the complaining, I thought it had to be the truth. Now, as a moderator my self, I think I see where the accusations are rooted.

Some of you may be familiar with the fundamental attribution error, which states that many people erroneously attribute negative actions to the nature of a person when the situation they are in is a much stronger factor. I feel people commit this error concerning moderators all over the place. We don't want to end fun, we just want a greater number of people to enjoy themselves. Only a small number of people actually enjoy mindless forum chatter, most feel it belongs in a chat room (and it does). We aren't born mean people, we are simply put into situations that require us to get mean at times. When our goal is only to improve things, people think we are destroying their fun. For me, my only goal has been to promote discussion of one of my passions in life, gaming. Unfortunately, I've seen to many good users leave because good gaming discussion is ignored while "rate the user above you" and topics like BS have hundreds, even thousands of posts.

You must understand the situation we are all in. We've hit a point where we must go one way or another as a forum, down the road of anarchy, ending up as the final resting place for those banned from every other forum, or a place where people can go and discuss gaming with others, and enjoy an experience free of  "QFT" or "lulz yer rong" posts. Why do so many people complain about a place like gamespot having no good users left? Because the trolls in system wars were rampant, and the off topic attracted those who openly hated on video games, they just wanted a place to chat. It is a tough situation, and out of love for the place we have been since the beginning, we only want to see love for giant bomb.

In the end, topics like BS only attract users like Skulsoldier or Italycanadian9. I'd be surprised if you could find one instance of them actually discussing video games (aside from a favorite game or something). I, as does the rest of the mod team, want Giant bomb to be a great place. I hope you guys can understand this, and do the best to help us out. Thanks for reading my rant.
Pleasureizmine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By Pleasureizmine

There is only one person who truly cares about his post count and we all know who it is.

DarthMaul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#53  Edited By DarthMaul

UCLA WINSSSSSSS!!!!!!!

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#54  Edited By Karmum
Pleasureizmine said:
"There is only one person who truly cares about his post count and we all know who it is."
It appears like you are giving me an indirect insult, and I find it extremely pointless. I'm trying to help you all out by letting you chat somewhere else.
brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#55  Edited By brukaoru

@BoG
Good post. I think this is just really hard for some people to deal with right now. Hopefully we'll figure something out later down the line.

DarthMaul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By DarthMaul
we just want a greater number of people to enjoy themselves. Only a small number of people actually enjoy mindless forum chatter

Sorry BoG, but I stopped reading there.
By closing it, you're lessing the number of people enjoying themselves.
Everyone enjoys forum chat. We're not all going to go out of our way to log onto fucking AIM to talk to each other. It's an Off-Topic forum, chatting with each other should be allowed. Go to any other forum, they don't think users are posting in chat topics because they're spamming or running up their post count. I'm sorry, this is just ridiculous.
Pleasureizmine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Pleasureizmine
BoG said:
"Black_Rose said:
"To be honest i don't think it's fair to punish all of us for a few spamers and trolls, sure there was a lot of bullshit going on but at times there was actual conversation"
We aren't punishing all of you who posted in the BS for what skul or ic9 did, do not interpret it that way. We are trying to make Giant Bomb better, and this is something we felt would help.

Don't think that we moderators have it out for all of you, that is not the case. So many times over my e-life, I've seen people bash mods for having a vendetta against fun. I had never personally witnessed it, but with all the complaining, I thought it had to be the truth. Now, as a moderator my self, I think I see where the accusations are rooted.

Some of you may be familiar with the fundamental attribution error, which states that many people erroneously attribute negative actions to the nature of a person when the situation they are in is a much stronger factor. I feel people commit this error concerning moderators all over the place. We don't want to end fun, we just want a greater number of people to enjoy themselves. Only a small number of people actually enjoy mindless forum chatter, most feel it belongs in a chat room (and it does). We aren't born mean people, we are simply put into situations that require us to get mean at times. When our goal is only to improve things, people think we are destroying their fun. For me, my only goal has been to promote discussion of one of my passions in life, gaming. Unfortunately, I've seen to many good users leave because good gaming discussion is ignored while "rate the user above you" and topics like BS have hundreds, even thousands of posts.

You must understand the situation we are all in. We've hit a point where we must go one way or another as a forum, down the road of anarchy, ending up as the final resting place for those banned from every other forum, or a place where people can go and discuss gaming with others, and enjoy an experience free of  "QFT" or "lulz yer rong" posts. Why do so many people complain about a place like gamespot having no good users left? Because the trolls in system wars were rampant, and the off topic attracted those who openly hated on video games, they just wanted a place to chat. It is a tough situation, and out of love for the place we have been since the beginning, we only want to see love for giant bomb.

In the end, topics like BS only attract users like Skulsoldier or Italycanadian9. I'd be surprised if you could find one instance of them actually discussing video games (aside from a favorite game or something). I, as does the rest of the mod team, want Giant bomb to be a great place. I hope you guys can understand this, and do the best to help us out. Thanks for reading my rant."
This has obiously made Giant Bomb a "better'' and "happier" place...... You locking the thread has all but guaranteed his return what stops him from doing it to any other thread? Is your solution to lock it? Seems like flawed logic.
Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#58  Edited By Jayge_

I take issue with your last sentence heavily violating your own fundamental attribution error definition, BoG.

Pleasureizmine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Pleasureizmine
BoG said:
"Black_Rose said:

In the end, topics like BS only attract users like Skulsoldier or Italycanadian9. I'd be surprised if you could find one instance of them actually discussing video games (aside from a favorite game or something). I, as does the rest of the mod team, want Giant bomb to be a great place. I hope you guys can understand this, and do the best to help us out. Thanks for reading my rant.
On a side note, after reading through hat again, do you really perceive it to be that way?
Shawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Shawn

Ok, I've been quiet in this little civil war for quite a while now. So I'm just going to put my position out there.

Let me start off with the buzzing question in my mind since the first time I saw BS locked, what makes the mod's think that closing one topic will eliminate spammers? Trolls don't sign up and then go; "oh man, BS is locked, guess I'll go to some other site!" If trolls kept hitting BS it's because that was the most liveliest thread on the forums, if I were a mod, the last thing I would even consider doing was locking the topic that attracts trolls, a topic that doesn't even mean anything, therefore trolling there shouldn't even be that much of an issue. By locking it the mods are just letting the trolls go and infest meaningful threads. Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to demean Bombsquad or anything, I just find it quite illogical to stop trolls from trolling in a topic that isn't about anything, where people don't argue about things or discuss anything about the site or video games and just divert the trolls attentions to the topics that people actually come to Giantbomb for. From a theoretical standpoint, I think that decision by the mods was not the best one.

As for the chatting aspect, I love chatting with the people here, it's really fun. It's the reason why I like Giantbomb so much because I can discuss video games, make and communicate with friends about nothing at all in BS just like they are my friends in real life, void of any discussion topic that has to do with Giantbomb or video games. Ew, I just read those sentences and they came off awfully sentimental on my part, sorry :P

My point is, I could care less on whether I'm talking to my GB friends on a thread or an IRC. But please don't go closing a thread were we hang out on the count of trolls, that, in my opinion, is just a little too ridiculous.

Spare me for the wall of text guys :)

Pleasureizmine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Pleasureizmine

This seems like 10% of the people want it locked or dont care... the other 90% wants it open.....

BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By BoG
Jayge said:
"I take issue with your last sentence heavily violating your own fundamental attribution error definition, BoG."
We all make mistakes, though I still think what I said is true. I might be pushing the boundaries here, but it is the situation, that of mindless chatter, that attracts anyone who wants just spam. Honeslty, I have no idea what ic9 wanted here, but his topics were the same he has posted on just about every other internet forum (and been banned for it, just good italycanadian9). I've also seen them talk about it on gamespot, how they don't care about games, they just want to socialize. Whatever the case, we will see what happens. I'm sure skulsoldier and IC9 aren't done spamming, they still hate us all.
Shocker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Shocker
DarthMaul said:
"we just want a greater number of people to enjoy themselves. Only a small number of people actually enjoy mindless forum chatter

Sorry BoG, but I stopped reading there.
By closing it, you're lessing the number of people enjoying themselves.
Everyone enjoys forum chat. We're not all going to go out of our way to log onto fucking AIM to talk to each other. It's an Off-Topic forum, chatting with each other should be allowed. Go to any other forum, they don't think users are posting in chat topics because they're spamming or running up their post count. I'm sorry, this is just ridiculous."
I agree with everything you said. I don't post just to get a higher post count. I posted because sometimes there were good and interesting discussions in that thread and I wanted to get involved. I saw no harm in Bomb Squad at all. Without it this place is extremely boring.
Pleasureizmine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Pleasureizmine

My point is, I could care less on whether I'm talking to my GB friends on a thread or an IRC. But please don't go closing a thread were we hang out on the count of trolls, that, in my opinion, is just a little too ridiculous.

That is what happened and that is why I am so fucking pissed

Shocker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Shocker
Shawn said:
"Ok, I've been quiet in this little civil war for quite a while now. So I'm just going to put my position out there.

Let me start off with the buzzing question in my mind since the first time I saw BS locked, what makes the mod's think that closing one topic will eliminate spammers? Trolls don't sign up and then go; "oh man, BS is locked, guess I'll go to some other site!" If trolls kept hitting BS it's because that was the most liveliest thread on the forums, if I were a mod, the last thing I would even consider doing was locking the topic that attracts trolls, a topic that doesn't even mean anything, therefore trolling there shouldn't even be that much of an issue. By locking it the mods are just letting the trolls go and infest meaningful threads. Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to demean Bombsquad or anything, I just find it quite illogical to stop trolls from trolling in a topic that isn't about anything, where people don't argue about things or discuss anything about the site or video games and just divert the trolls attentions to the topics that people actually come to Giantbomb for. From a theoretical standpoint, I think that decision by the mods was not the best one.

As for the chatting aspect, I love chatting with the people here, it's really fun. It's the reason why I like Giantbomb so much because I can discuss video games, make and communicate with friends about nothing at all in BS just like they are my friends in real life, void of any discussion topic that has to do with Giantbomb or video games. Ew, I just read those sentences and they came off awfully sentimental on my part, sorry :P

Spare me for the wall of text guys :)"
EXACTLY
pyromaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 8

#66  Edited By pyromaniac
Shocker said:
"twenty0ne said:
"To be honest Hamz, this completely sucks. You guys are locking down what made Giant Bomb fun... a home, per-say. I thought Giant Bomb was going to be different - no censorship, no harsh mods etc.

This is not what I expected, and I'm utterly disappointed. I'm not going to some stupid IRC - that's not the same and not an acceptable alternative."
Agreed. I will miss Bomb Squad..."
word...bad bad mods!!
Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#67  Edited By Black_Rose
Shawn said:
"Ok, I've been quiet in this little civil war for quite a while now. So I'm just going to put my position out there.

Spare me for the wall of text guys :)"
This is pretty much all i feel
BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By BoG
Shawn said:
These were my thoughts at one point as well. We had all discussed that it was for the best, in order to contain the spam. Now, we see more and more "rate the _____ above you" posts and other meaningless things, and we realized it wasn't working.

Shocker, it may be boring for a while, but be creative with threads. When discussing things with the other mods, I always refer to the video game pictionary thread. It is a cool idea, and I think it is great fun. There are many ways to get to know your fellow posters, one is the irc, and the other is topics of varying subject matter. GB dooes not need BS of any kind!
Pleasureizmine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Pleasureizmine
BoG said:
"Jayge said:
"I take issue with your last sentence heavily violating your own fundamental attribution error definition, BoG."
We all make mistakes, though I still think what I said is true. I might be pushing the boundaries here, but it is the situation, that of mindless chatter, that attracts anyone who wants just spam. Honeslty, I have no idea what ic9 wanted here, but his topics were the same he has posted on just about every other internet forum (and been banned for it, just good italycanadian9). I've also seen them talk about it on gamespot, how they don't care about games, they just want to socialize. Whatever the case, we will see what happens. I'm sure skulsoldier and IC9 aren't done spamming, they still hate us all."
Your counter point is filled with fail, you have just fulfilled the dreams of the Scul and given hope to trolls. RIDDLE ME THIS

WHAT THE FUCK STOPS A TROLL FROM DOING IT TO ANY OTHER THREAD ON GIANT BOMB?
Pleasureizmine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Pleasureizmine
pyromaniac said:
"Shocker said:
"twenty0ne said:
"To be honest Hamz, this completely sucks. You guys are locking down what made Giant Bomb fun... a home, per-say. I thought Giant Bomb was going to be different - no censorship, no harsh mods etc.

This is not what I expected, and I'm utterly disappointed. I'm not going to some stupid IRC - that's not the same and not an acceptable alternative."
Agreed. I will miss Bomb Squad..."
word...bad bad mods!!"
The mods are filled with fail in this decision
Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Karmum
Pleasureizmine said:
"BoG said:
"Jayge said:
We all make mistakes, though I still think what I said is true. I might be pushing the boundaries here, but it is the situation, that of mindless chatter, that attracts anyone who wants just spam. Honeslty, I have no idea what ic9 wanted here, but his topics were the same he has posted on just about every other internet forum (and been banned for it, just good italycanadian9). I've also seen them talk about it on gamespot, how they don't care about games, they just want to socialize. Whatever the case, we will see what happens. I'm sure skulsoldier and IC9 aren't done spamming, they still hate us all."
Your counter point is filled with fail, you have just fulfilled the dreams of the Scul and given hope to trolls. RIDDLE ME THIS

"
Less attention and people, that is what. The more the complaining, the more the fire will be fueled.
DarthMaul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By DarthMaul

I still can't get over this shit. This is ridiculous. We can't have chat topics here... *sigh*
What kind of Off-Topic forum is this? Complete idiocy.

Shocker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Shocker
Pleasureizmine said:
"
There's nothing stopping them. They are winning.
Clean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Clean

Tonight We Dine In Hell

DarthMaul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By DarthMaul
Pleasureizmine said:
Exactly!! Stopping one thread where one person trolled today isn't going to do shit!
Pleasureizmine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Pleasureizmine
Karmum said:
"Pleasureizmine said:
"BoG said:
"Jayge said:

"
Less attention and people, that is what."
There will always be a popular thread for the trolls
Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Karmum
Pleasureizmine said:
"Karmum said:
"Pleasureizmine said:
"BoG said:
"Jayge said:

"
There will always be a popular thread for the trolls"
One less one will probably stop them somewhat, however. The thing is, if you pay no attention to them, they will go away.
pyromaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By pyromaniac
BoG said:

Shocker, it may be boring for a while, but be creative with threads.
The whole of BS was just so that you can kick back and talk about random stuff, not to show off your intellect, that was what made BS great.... Not to mention a chance to meet a lot of new and interesting people, I think you guys have totally eliminated the social aspect of this site.
Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Karmum
pyromaniac said:
"BoG said:

The whole of BS was just so that you can kick back and talk about random stuff, not to show off your intellect, that was what made BS great.... Not to mention a chance to meet a lot of new and interesting people, I think you guys have totally eliminated the social aspect of this site."
That is what Off-Topic is for.
DarthMaul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By DarthMaul
pyromaniac said:
"BoG said:

The whole of BS was just so that you can kick back and talk about random stuff, not to show off your intellect, that was what made BS great.... Not to mention a chance to meet a lot of new and interesting people, I think you guys have totally eliminated the social aspect of this site."
Exactly. It's just stupid... there's nowhere to chat.
IT'S AN OFF-TOPIC FORUM. GODDAMN. JUST BRING IT BACK.
I'm getting madder by the minute. 
Pleasureizmine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Pleasureizmine
Shocker said:
"Pleasureizmine said:
"
There's nothing stopping them. They are winning."
Scul  has dominated the entire moderation staff, and in hand they have slapped us all across the face.
Lies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 14

#82  Edited By Lies
Karmum said:
"Pleasureizmine said:
"There is only one person who truly cares about his post count and we all know who it is."
It appears like you are giving me an indirect insult, and I find it extremely pointless. I'm trying to help you all out by letting you chat somewhere else."
As we have stated, you have been exiled. Your assistance is no longer required.

BoG said:
"Black_Rose said:

In the end, topics like BS only attract users like Skulsoldier or Italycanadian9. I'd be surprised if you could find one instance of them actually discussing video games (aside from a favorite game or something). I, as does the rest of the mod team, want Giant bomb to be a great place. I hope you guys can understand this, and do the best to help us out. Thanks for reading my rant."
Okay, long counter post coming up because GB's quote system is too wonky for me to break it down point by point.

This isn't a personal problem we have with the mods, it's a problem with an action taken that allows a LESSER number of people to enjoy themselves than previously, directly contrary to your statement that you want a greater number of people to enjoy themselves. Obviously there is a sizeable group of people that enjoy Bomb Squad. Around 20 people can be counted as regulars or semi-regulars at last count, excluding Karmum who we have exiled. 20 ACTIVE members is quite a large number when you think about it. We enjoy our thread yes, but our thread doesn't pevent other people from enjoying other parts of Giantbomb. Bomb Squad can easily co-exist with the other threads on this great website.

People who want to discuss any specific topic are still free to create those, and likely tons of people will post there. It's not like they're gonna be like: "BOMBSQUAD?!?! I REFUSE TO USE THIS WEBSITE BECAUSE IT HAS A CHAT THREAD!". No; people who like chat threads will participate, people who don't will pass over it.

And no, you are flat out WRONG about topics like BS only attracting people like scul or IC9. We have 20 active, participating members who do not spam and are valued members of the community here. We have two (three if ou count the recently banned Cartman) famous spammers who frequented that thread. 3... against 20...

3...                                                                                      20...

Hmmm... It seems pretty clear to me which group is attracted to the thread more. Trolls just hit BS because it is the most active topic, not because they only troll chat threads. BS actively discourages and reports trolls and spammers, we do not encourage that sort of behavior, despite popular belief to the contrary. Lock BS they'll troll elsewhere, and you'll have 20 unhappy BS regulars on your hands. No one wins in that situation.

Keep BS, we contain any trolls that come to BS, we have our chat thread, everyone else can use the rest of the forum for whatever they want to talk about.
pyromaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By pyromaniac
Karmum said:
"pyromaniac said:
"BoG said:

That is what Off-Topic is for."
No it isn't...so every time I wanna ask some how they are doing, you want me to make a new thread?
DarthMaul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By DarthMaul
Karmum said:
"pyromaniac said:
"BoG said:

No... we can't like chat about our lives here anymore...
Shocker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Shocker
pyromaniac said:
"Karmum said:
"pyromaniac said:
"BoG said:

No it isn't...so every time I wanna ask some how they are doing, you want me to make a new thread?"
Yes sir...
Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Karmum
pyromaniac said:
"Karmum said:
"pyromaniac said:
"BoG said:

No it isn't...so every time I wanna ask some how they are doing, you want me to make a new thread?"
Say hello to instant messaging/PM system?
DarthMaul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By DarthMaul
pyromaniac said:
"Karmum said:
"pyromaniac said:
"BoG said:

No, because it'll get locked lololololol

UGH! This is so dumb.
Pleasureizmine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Pleasureizmine
Karmum said:
"Pleasureizmine said:
"Karmum said:
"Pleasureizmine said:
"BoG said:
"Jayge said:

"
There will always be a popular thread for the trolls"
One less one will probably stop them somewhat, however. The thing is, if you pay no attention to them, they will go away."
Yeah locking the tread and pissing off the community isn't giving them any attention now is it. Jesus Christ you want to be a mod here so bad you would silence your own opinion  and agree with a mod.
DarthMaul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By DarthMaul
Karmum said:
"pyromaniac said:
"Karmum said:
"pyromaniac said:
"BoG said:

Say hello to instant messaging/PM system?"
And if we want to have a huge chat like the BS was allowing?...
Why have a huge PM chat or AIM chat when you can do it on the fucking forum that the users go to?
Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By Karmum
Pleasureizmine said:

Yeah locking the tread and pissing off the community isn't giving them any attention now is it. Jesus Christ you want to be a mod here so bad you would silence your own opinion  and agree with a mod.
"
Yeah, I gave up my opinion in order to agree with the moderators, with the intention to become one someday. It hasn't hit you yet that I may just have the same opinion as the moderators?
pyromaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By pyromaniac
Karmum said:
"pyromaniac said:
"Karmum said:
"pyromaniac said:
"BoG said:

Say hello to instant messaging/PM system?"
Not to any one person but all of them offtopic forum people...you've been on BS, I am pretty sure you know what I am talking about.

DarthMaul said:
"pyromaniac said:
"Karmum said:
"pyromaniac said:
"BoG said:

No, because it'll get locked lololololol

UGH! This is so dumb."

lol yeah more or less...I was gone make that argument too
Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#92  Edited By Black_Rose

The trolls will continue to come, wether the thread is big or not. I've heard many times "if you don't pay attention they'll go awayr" and that's 100% not true, they keep bugging and flaming. Killing BS doesn't help to get rid of trolls, in fact is a point for them, this is what they wanted you've played their game and sadly they won this time

Thrawn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By Thrawn1

i've connected to the gamesurge server, but giantbomb isn't on the list of channels.  ???

EDIT: nevermind

pyromaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By pyromaniac
Thrawn said:
"i've connected to the gamesurge server, but giantbomb isn't on the list of channels.  ???"
yeah...good luck figuring it out
Pleasureizmine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By Pleasureizmine

Karmum we all have seen you agree with every moderators decision every time in any topic or problem that come to fruition.

DarthMaul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By DarthMaul
Pleasureizmine said:
"Karmum we all have seen you agree with every moderators decision every time in any topic or problem that come to fruition."
I've been here three days and I've witnessed it, too. lol
Shocker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By Shocker
Black_Rose said:
"The trolls will continue to come, wether the thread is big or not. I've heard many times "if you don't pay attention they'll go awayr" and that's 100% not true, they keep bugging and flaming. Killing BS doesn't help to get rid of trolls, in fact is a point for them, this is what they wanted you've played their game and sadly they won this time"
If anything it'll make them troll more, because they found out that they are winning.
Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By Karmum
Pleasureizmine said:
"Karmum we all have seen you agree with every moderators decision every time in any topic or problem that come to fruition."
Provide links to every single issue, because I don't believe WAYLT should have been dropped, they could replace it with an actual discussion topic about music.
DarthMaul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By DarthMaul
Shocker said:
"Black_Rose said:
"The trolls will continue to come, wether the thread is big or not. I've heard many times "if you don't pay attention they'll go awayr" and that's 100% not true, they keep bugging and flaming. Killing BS doesn't help to get rid of trolls, in fact is a point for them, this is what they wanted you've played their game and sadly they won this time"
If anything it'll make them troll more, because they found out that they are winning."
Exactly!
Shawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By Shawn
Lies said:
"Okay, long counter post coming up because GB's quote system is too wonky for me to break it down point by point.
This isn't a personal problem we have with the mods, it's a problem with an action taken that allows a LESSER number of people to enjoy themselves than previously, directly contrary to your statement that you want a greater number of people to enjoy themselves. Obviously there is a sizeable group of people that enjoy Bomb Squad. Around 20 people can be counted as regulars or semi-regulars at last count, excluding Karmum who we have exiled. 20 ACTIVE members is quite a large number when you think about it. We enjoy our thread yes, but our thread doesn't pevent other people from enjoying other parts of Giantbomb. Bomb Squad can easily co-exist with the other threads on this great website.

People who want to discuss any specific topic are still free to create those, and likely tons of people will post there. It's not like they're gonna be like: "BOMBSQUAD?!?! I REFUSE TO USE THIS WEBSITE BECAUSE IT HAS A CHAT THREAD!". No; people who like chat threads will participate, people who don't will pass over it.

And no, you are flat out WRONG about topics like BS only attracting people like scul or IC9. We have 20 active, participating members who do not spam and are valued members of the community here. We have two (three if ou count the recently banned Cartman) famous spammers who frequented that thread. 3... against 20...

3...                                                                                      20...

Hmmm... It seems pretty clear to me which group is attracted to the thread more. Trolls just hit BS because it is the most active topic, not because they only troll chat threads. BS actively discourages and reports trolls and spammers, we do not encourage that sort of behavior, despite popular belief to the contrary. Lock BS they'll troll elsewhere, and you'll have 20 unhappy BS regulars on your hands. No one wins in that situation.

Keep BS, we contain any trolls that come to BS, we have our chat thread, everyone else can use the rest of the forum for whatever they want to talk about.
"
Good post, that about sums it up for the night.