• 199 results
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
Avatar image for masin
#1 Edited by Masin (141 posts) -

It's getting intense. 45 minutes in and we've already seen Romney lose his cool. Let's see what else it has in store. What does everyone else think of this?

Avatar image for toowalrus
#2 Posted by TooWalrus (13391 posts) -

It's been painful to watch, honestly.

Avatar image for milkman
#3 Edited by Milkman (18914 posts) -

Here's a recap of the last 45 minutes: 
 
"Governor, that's not true." 
 
Also, "Binder Full of Women" is my favorite 2 Chainz song.

Avatar image for toowalrus
#4 Posted by TooWalrus (13391 posts) -
@Milkman said:
Here's a recap of the last 45 minutes:  "Governor, that's not true."
Yeah, also "I know what it takes" and "Of course the numbers add up"
Avatar image for golguin
#5 Posted by golguin (5275 posts) -

I'm watching and its better than the first.

Avatar image for laserbolts
#6 Posted by laserbolts (5506 posts) -

I'm watching for some reason and god I would love to punch Romney.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
#7 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7097 posts) -

"I've got a plan guys. Trust me ;D. But first you gotta elect me."

Avatar image for sathingtonwaltz
#8 Posted by SathingtonWaltz (2167 posts) -

It's been a good debate, the moderator is pretty good too. Both candidates are doing pretty well honestly, but it's nice to see that Obama has gotten his game back.

Avatar image for twoonefive
#9 Edited by TwoOneFive (9786 posts) -

lets watch two guys argue over the technicalities of policies that they almost entirely agree upon... not.

ill pass.

Avatar image for psngamesun
#10 Posted by PSNgamesun (444 posts) -

To be honest to most people if Pres. Obama is bringing his game its pretty much seals the deal for a win.

Avatar image for theht
#11 Posted by TheHT (14317 posts) -

this is getting kinda brutal. :)

Avatar image for truthtellah
#12 Posted by TruthTellah (9809 posts) -

I don't even know why there's a crowd there or people asking questions. They're both just saying and doing whatever they want.

Avatar image for milkman
#13 Edited by Milkman (18914 posts) -

Holy shit, Obama just brought the motherfucking thunder on the Libya question. Sit down, Romney, you fucking clown.

Avatar image for golguin
#14 Posted by golguin (5275 posts) -

Romney trying to misquote Obama and getting shut down in front of everyone there to applause is an elbow from the sky.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
#15 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7097 posts) -
@Milkman
Holy shit, Obama just brought the motherfucking thunder on the Libya question. Sit down, Romney, you fucking clown.
Yeah watching Romney's argument implode when the moderator corrected him was pretty brutal.
Avatar image for sathingtonwaltz
#16 Posted by SathingtonWaltz (2167 posts) -

@MariachiMacabre said:

@Milkman
Holy shit, Obama just brought the motherfucking thunder on the Libya question. Sit down, Romney, you fucking clown.
Yeah watching Romney's argument implode when the moderator corrected him was pretty brutal.

Yeah I think the stalemate was broken their for me. Not only was that a decisive blow, it was a FATAL blow (metaphorically speaking).

Avatar image for shadowconqueror
#17 Posted by ShadowConqueror (3413 posts) -

Having children before marriage somehow leads to providing AK-47's to drug lords. Or something.

Avatar image for bog
#18 Posted by BoG (5390 posts) -

Romney, you're losing, if only because you can't seem to stay on topic. Just answer the question, don't go back to other questions.

Also, Romney's answer to the question about women was terrible. Romney was the clear winner in the last debate, but he's beating himself up this time.

Avatar image for milkman
#19 Posted by Milkman (18914 posts) -

Mitt Romney's answer to gun control is...single moms?

Avatar image for thefreeman
#20 Posted by TheFreeMan (2712 posts) -
@ShadowConqueror said:

Having children before marriage somehow leads to providing AK-47's to drug lords. Or something.

Yeah, the fuck was that about? 
 
The misquote was real brutal, too. Funny, but painful.
Avatar image for ares42
#21 Edited by Ares42 (3561 posts) -

I gotta say, the best thing about this debate has been them actually showing the speech-clock over the candidates shoulder.

Also, the Libya moment is probably gonna be one of the biggest moments in this election.

Did anyone else notice the guy in the first row that looked like he was falling asleep? :P

Avatar image for breadfan
#22 Posted by breadfan (6803 posts) -

Mitt looks like he's been holding back a fart.

Avatar image for truthtellah
#23 Posted by TruthTellah (9809 posts) -

*finishes watching the debate*

...

Avatar image for tru3_blu3
#24 Posted by Tru3_Blu3 (3553 posts) -

Demagogues doing their thing. Continue on, folks.

Avatar image for negativecero
#25 Edited by NegativeCero (3141 posts) -

Well Obama finally broke out the "47%" comment. Too late in my opinion by letting Romney apologize for it beforehand.

Avatar image for ocean_h
#26 Edited by Ocean_H (283 posts) -

"Romney: Get married if you're pregnant. Then your child won't use assault weapon."

WTF is this shit?!

Obama just beat the crap out of Romney big time tonight.

Avatar image for extomar
#27 Posted by EXTomar (5047 posts) -

...wait what?

Avatar image for grilledcheez
#28 Posted by Grilledcheez (4067 posts) -

Obama was strong, Romney had some serious weak moments

Avatar image for sathingtonwaltz
#29 Posted by SathingtonWaltz (2167 posts) -
Avatar image for sirpsychosexy
#30 Posted by SirPsychoSexy (1430 posts) -

The fact that a presidential candidate has to ensure us he cares about 100% of the population seems kind of fucked up.

Avatar image for president_barackbar
#31 Posted by President_Barackbar (3610 posts) -

@BoG said:

Romney, you're losing, if only because you can't seem to stay on topic. Just answer the question, don't go back to other questions.

Also, Romney's answer to the question about women was terrible. Romney was the clear winner in the last debate, but he's beating himself up this time.

Yeah, his answer was basically "I want to create so many jobs people will HAVE to hire women!"

Avatar image for golguin
#32 Posted by golguin (5275 posts) -

Compared to the last debate Obama definitely brought it. The Libya comment that Romney misquoted and was corrected on live TV is going to be big.

Avatar image for markwahlberg
#33 Edited by MarkWahlberg (4714 posts) -

@TheFreeMan said:

@ShadowConqueror said:

Having children before marriage somehow leads to providing AK-47's to drug lords. Or something.

Yeah, the fuck was that about? The misquote was real brutal, too. Funny, but painful.

See, I have a hard time watching these debates because a lot of it is just them reciting their stump speeches 2 minutes at a time - instead of an actual debate - but then I miss weird shit like this. Hopefully someone will post the good bits on youtube....

Avatar image for masin
#34 Posted by Masin (141 posts) -

Wow. That was a second round K.O. I almost heard the voice from Mortal Kombat yell, "FINISH HIM!" as the debate ended. Romney just kicked his own ass.

Avatar image for fluttercry
#35 Posted by Fluttercry (287 posts) -

Not sure if Obama brought the thunder or if Romney just fucked up. Either way, it will be interesting to hear the next few days of reactions.

Avatar image for golguin
#36 Posted by golguin (5275 posts) -

@MarkWahlberg said:

@TheFreeMan said:

@ShadowConqueror said:

Having children before marriage somehow leads to providing AK-47's to drug lords. Or something.

Yeah, the fuck was that about? The misquote was real brutal, too. Funny, but painful.

See, I have a hard time watching these debates because a lot of it is just them reciting their stump speeches 2 minutes at a time - instead of an actual debate - but then I miss weird shit like this. Hopefully someone will post the good bits on youtube....

My internet connected cut off twice. Once was during the women's healthcare talk and the other was during the assault weapons ban. I missed that part so I'll have to check it out to hear for that because that sounds insane.

Avatar image for zoozilla
#37 Posted by zoozilla (1023 posts) -

Yeah, Obama on Libya was brutal. I think I actually got goosebumps.

Despite all that, I actually thought Romney presented himself rather well - Obama didn't steamroll Romney, though he did win.

Of course, the media will play it all up like it's a fucking boxing match. Modern news reporting is so damn depressing.

Avatar image for milkman
#38 Edited by Milkman (18914 posts) -

Also, anyone else notice that one of Romney's main talking points was "CHINA DON'T CARE?"

Avatar image for tripmills
#39 Posted by tripmills (26 posts) -

holy crap. that ws great.

Avatar image for zoozilla
#40 Posted by zoozilla (1023 posts) -

@Milkman: Obama could run on the "FUCK RYAN DAVIS" campaign.

Avatar image for sathingtonwaltz
#41 Posted by SathingtonWaltz (2167 posts) -

@zoozilla said:

Yeah, Obama on Libya was brutal. I think I actually got goosebumps.

Despite all that, I actually thought Romney presented himself rather well - Obama didn't steamroll Romney, though he did win.

Of course, the media will play it all up like it's a fucking boxing match. Modern news reporting is so damn depressing.

It wasn't a steamroll, the first half was a solid stalemate. The second half Obama turned the tide in his favor.

Avatar image for jams
#42 Posted by Jams (3043 posts) -

@Milkman said:

Also, anyone else notice that one of Romney's main talking points was "CHINA DON'T CARE?"

god damn I was thinking that the whole time.

Mitt Romney "Blah blah blah we need to be harder on China"

Me "You know what Romney? CHINA DON'T CARE!"

Avatar image for bofooq
#43 Posted by BoFooQ (986 posts) -

I would say Obama won, but mainly cause he just looked so much better than first debate. However, if anyone has any idea what he plans to do for the next four years I would be interested. I thought Rommey actually answered questions, and was less vague than the first time around. I also can't figure out why anyone cares about AK47's, when was the last time you saw someone with an AK47? I live in a state were you can carry concealed weapons, and nobody walks around with an AK cause a handgun fits in your pocket.

Avatar image for sirpsychosexy
#44 Edited by SirPsychoSexy (1430 posts) -

I love how Obama called out that Romney can't explain any of the specifics to pay for his plan, and Romney just says the math adds up.

Avatar image for animasta
#45 Posted by Animasta (14903 posts) -

GOVERNMENT DOES NOT CREATE JOBS

GOVERNMENT. DOES NOT. CREATE. JOBS.

what am I doing here

Avatar image for epicsteve
#46 Posted by EpicSteve (6908 posts) -

Romney was kinda an ass, but then again was the only one actually answering questions. We was very clear on certain issues like immigration, military budget, and gun control. Obama just keeps coming across like a guy with a lot of good intentions but doesn't know how to implement those ideas into reality. He said "Ok, here's this issue, here's exactly how we're developing or solving that." Just kinda kept saying stuff along the lines of "Well, Romney's an asshole and I'm gonna cut taxes!".

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
#47 Posted by Colourful_Hippie (5710 posts) -

Well that was depressing. I honestly couldn't be more upset over the terrible fucking choice we are going to have come election day. The only thing I'm sure that I'll do is that I'll be looking to move to another country if Mitt really wins this because he is going to doom this country faster than Obama will if he's reelected. At least Obama's passiveness towards pushing any legislation through a gridlocked Congress might hopefully buy the U.S. more time than Mitt being elected. I'm terrified of the changes that will happen once that corporate robot gets into the White House.

Avatar image for milkman
#48 Posted by Milkman (18914 posts) -

I think this picture says a lot. 
 

No Caption Provided
Avatar image for ocean_h
#49 Posted by Ocean_H (283 posts) -

@BoFooQ said:

I would say Obama won, but mainly cause he just looked so much better than first debate. However, if anyone has any idea what he plans to do for the next four years I would be interested. I thought Rommey actually answered questions, and was less vague than the first time around. I also can't figure out why anyone cares about AK47's, when was the last time you saw someone with an AK47? I live in a state were you can carry concealed weapons, and nobody walks around with an AK cause a handgun fits in your pocket.

Romney actually answered questions? I'm Canadian, obviously can't vote US, but, seriously? Less vague that the first debate?

@EpicSteve said:

Romney was kinda an ass, but then again was the only one actually answering questions. We was very clear on certain issues like immigration, military budget, and gun control. Obama just keeps coming across like a guy with a lot of good intentions but doesn't know how to implement those ideas into reality. He said "Ok, here's this issue, here's exactly how we're developing or solving that." Just kinda kept saying stuff along the lines of "Well, Romney's an asshole and I'm gonna cut taxes!".

Clear? All Romney said was "In my experience" and get married so that your child won't buy guns.

Avatar image for sirpsychosexy
#50 Posted by SirPsychoSexy (1430 posts) -

@EpicSteve said:

Romney was kinda an ass, but then again was the only one actually answering questions. We was very clear on certain issues like immigration, military budget, and gun control. Obama just keeps coming across like a guy with a lot of good intentions but doesn't know how to implement those ideas into reality. He said "Ok, here's this issue, here's exactly how we're developing or solving that." Just kinda kept saying stuff along the lines of "Well, Romney's an asshole and I'm gonna cut taxes!".

Did you even watch the same debate? Romney changed the topic several times and didn't answer half the questions.