Avatar image for lilburtonboy7489
lilburtonboy7489

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By lilburtonboy7489

I opened the door, and there they were, 2 mormons. They opened the conversation by talking about what happened when Jesus came to America. 

I feel like kind of a dick, because I started laughing uncontrollably at them and just closed the door. All I could think about was South Park, dumb dumb dumb. 

Anyone else have the mormons come to your house and all you can think about it South Park?

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#2  Edited By Yummylee

Lol never happened to me...yet O.O, but truthfully I imagine thats how i might react if i found a couple on my doorstep.
Hamst3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#3  Edited By Hamst3r

When the Mormons or Jehovas show up I tend to just not answer the door. Fuck them. There needs to be a no-door-to-door-religious-fanatics list kind of like the do-not-call list and they should have to abide by it. :|

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By natetodamax

I think everything should join my religion. It's called Nomrom...

Avatar image for addictedtopinescent
addictedtopinescent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

If someone came to my house and started talking about Jesus I would do the same thing, unless they came in the morning, then I would tell them to go fuck themselves and close the door

cstrang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By cstrang

I don't do door-by-door solicitation at all.  It doesn't matter if they're trying to "save my soul" or if they're trying to get my vote.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By pause422

You did nothing wrong at all, so dont feel like a dick. Any time anyone is coming to YOUR house, spouting random shit its your place to tell them to shut the fuck up, or whatever, and close the door in their face.

Kojdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By Kojdog

I bought a "No Solicitors" sign and the religious visits went from 1-a-day to none-in-6-months.  Look at Home Depot or Walgreens.
FunExplosions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By FunExplosions

I would have invited them in. Two down, 13 million to go.

ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ArchScabby

Came to my house?  I live in Utah.  95% of the people in my neighborhood are mormon.  Actually everyone in my family besides me is mormon.  So yeah, I have to put up with them all the time.  It also doesn't help that my dad is in complete denial that I don't consider myself a mormon.  He's always asking me to say prayers or when I'm going to start coming back to church again.  A lot of the stuff you hear about mormons is actually a lie, they aren't really crazy religious freaks, but they are kinda pushy.

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#11  Edited By Pie

Id just close the door and start screaming/shouting/crying/banging on the wall/ etc.  that should put me on there watchlist...

ahriman22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ahriman22

They tend to come by my place allot. Usually once or twice a week. I usually tell them to fuck off, or that I'm atheist and they usually leave.

One time I chased them away with baseball bat though. That stopped their visits for while... I was having a bad day.

Avatar image for lilburtonboy7489
lilburtonboy7489

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By lilburtonboy7489
@Hamst3r said:
"  When the Mormons or Jehovas show up I tend to just not answer the door. Fuck them. There needs to be a no-door-to-door-religious-fanatics list kind of like the do-not-call list and they should have to abide by it. :| "
They were standing so that I could't see them from the peep-hole!
Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#14  Edited By Red

I'm Mormon myself, so no, I've never had such an experience.

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#15  Edited By AndrewB

I just don't answer the door. That way, it's only a minor annoyance. Door-to-door religious salesmen should be banned.

Snipzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16  Edited By Snipzor

Once, perhaps twice. Next chance I get I'm totally going to make a sport out of it, but I need a partner for that and I don't have one at the moment. I might even have to prepare scripts for the next time, I should get started on that in a few days. Better than being a witty bastard to missionaries on the spot, where's the joy in that, I fumble with my words and actions and ultimately fail in the end. 

But I would never laugh at them, I would feel like a prick. I hate being rude to people in their faces, even if they are rude to me. Making fun of them without them realizing it is the most I can handle.

JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By JoelTGM

hah, I've never done it like that before.  I try to be polite, no laughing.

Disengage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Disengage

I surprisingly don't get any. I live two or three towns over from where Joseph Smith claims he had his first visitation from Jesus and found the Golden Plates or whatever.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#19  Edited By Claude

Was BoG one of them?

In the early 90s, a couple of fellows of the Mormon faith dropped by. They were cool and I invited them in. I enjoyed being a heathen at the time, so we had much to talk about. They also made homemade action movies, good stuff, wonder what became of them.

Warfare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Warfare
@ahriman22 said:
" They tend to come by my place allot. Usually once or twice a week. I usually tell them to fuck off, or that I'm atheist and they usually leave.  One time I chased them away with baseball bat though. That stopped their visits for while... I was having a bad day. "
LMFAO
OllyOxenFree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#21  Edited By OllyOxenFree

Would you open the door if there were two attractive honeys?

Snipzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Snipzor
@Claude: I still miss BoG. Why did you have to remind me that he's still gone?
MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By MikkaQ
" @ahriman22 said:
" They tend to come by my place allot. Usually once or twice a week. I usually tell them to fuck off, or that I'm atheist and they usually leave.  One time I chased them away with baseball bat though. That stopped their visits for while... I was having a bad day. "
Daang once or twice a week? Live in Utah or something? Yeessh, I would just write a letter at some point, that's kinda ridiculous. I get it once or twice a year, and I would still cuss them off, but yikes! 

I had a friend who had some religion pay him a visit when he was cutting up meat for a meal, so he had a bloody apron, and he just gave them a funny grimace and they left hahah.
rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#25  Edited By rjayb89

I have some pretty chill Mormon friends.  It's weird that they don't enjoy fountain drinks.

ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By ArchScabby
@rjayb89 said:
" I have some pretty chill Mormon friends.  It's weird that they don't enjoy fountain drinks. "
What are you talking about?
rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#27  Edited By rjayb89
@ArchScabby: They as in my friends, in particular, who are Mormon, not all of them, mind you.  I read up a bit about Mormon traditions through Wikipedia and found out caffeinated beverages are in a way "discouraged," but hey that's Wikipedia.
CornontheCobbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#28  Edited By CornontheCobbe
@lilburtonboy7489 said:
" I opened the door, and there they were, 2 mormons. They opened the conversation by talking about what happened when Jesus came to America.  I feel like kind of a dick, because I started laughing uncontrollably at them and just closed the door. All I could think about was South Park, dumb dumb dumb.  Anyone else have the mormons come to your house and all you can think about it South Park? "
Hahahaha oh god, they came by last year and that's all i could think about.  Dum dum dum dum dum! 

I didnt even catch on to what they were saying because i sort of blanked them and could only think of South Park.

And when did Jesus apparently make this mysterious trip to America again?
Skytylz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#29  Edited By Skytylz

nope i live out of town, have a few neighbors and i don't think they would want to walk all the way to my house.

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Jimbo

Did you ever have The Moomins in the US?

HaltIamReptar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By HaltIamReptar

I've had hilarious moments with Jehova's Witnesses.  This is what one of them said to me:

"You know, in school, they teach a lot of facts, but sometimes they don't.  For example, evolution - which is still just a theory, after all, I guess you would call it conguesture..."

Yes.  She fucking said conguesture.  A clever, clever portmanteau of guess and conjecture.

I have had several long conversations with them before.  I think I'm marked, like on some list of people that are almost there.

RetroIce4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By RetroIce4

I would've been like, LOL WUT?

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#33  Edited By TheHBK

Not mormons, but Jehovah's Witnesses.  Its like, damn.  It was this older man with two kids, like 8 and 9 i think.  I felt so bad for the kids.  Told em I didn't believe in god and one of the kids let out this like sigh or uh oh.  I felt like kicking him in the face.

ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By ArchScabby
@rjayb89 said:
" @ArchScabby: They as in my friends, in particular, who are Mormon, not all of them, mind you.  I read up a bit about Mormon traditions through Wikipedia and found out caffeinated beverages are in a way "discouraged," but hey that's Wikipedia. "
Well you're kinda right.  I grew up mormon so I remember my parents didn't like us having caffeine.  But by the time you're a teenager you realize it actually doesn't matter at all.  I went to a bunch of mormon parties and stuff and they always had drinks like Mountain Dew or whatever.  Something like one of the prophets said you shouldn't drink caffeine but nobody really cares.

If you want something weird about drinking, mormons aren't allowed to drink coffee.  But soda drinks is basically fine unless you're like the most uptight mormon ever.
Bombs_Away

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Bombs_Away
@Red said:
" I'm Mormon myself, so no, I've never had such an experience. "
Ooooh...awkward topic now lol
Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#36  Edited By Video_Game_King

Jesus did not come to America, everybody knows that; he teleported to the Moon and, with the help of William Shakespeare, defeated Zeus and freed the people of the Moon from his tyranny.

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By ryanwho

All I get are urban kids scripted in public speaking trying to sell me shit so they can go to whereverthefuck. Much more annoying.

_Nuno_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By _Nuno_

I find mormons peculiar. Mormonism is the youngest religion I can name, that has a large following. Of course it had to bloom in the crazy USA. Anyway, I'd love to know more about them, even though I find it totally insane. Just like Christianity...

Bombs_Away

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Bombs_Away
@_Nuno_: There's a woman called Irene Spencer who has written 2 books about her experiences growing up within a Mormon Community. They're brilliant reads and very informative. Check them out.
Gunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#40  Edited By Gunner

I have once. 

I sat out by the porch with them and made them feel uncomfortable by asking them questions like "So, if i were to become a Mormon, would i still be able to sacrifice a cat in the middle of swastika painted on the ground so that the water gods can make my lands fertile?"

When the tried to leave i would use the old "But, i wish to be saved!" bit. The objective is to tie up their time as much as possible.

HaltIamReptar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By HaltIamReptar
@_Nuno_ said:
 Mormonism is the youngest religion I can name, that has a large following.
Does scientology not count as a religion?  In my book, it doesn't, but by technicality it is.
oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#42  Edited By oldschool

I had a couple come to my door many years ago and they thought their luck had finally changed.  I  let them in! 

We had long theological discussions and I went for the entire ride.  I went to meetings, saw films/documentaries, went to church many times and even priesthood meetings.  I loved it.  I loved the the people.  I really admired their commitment.  However. 

I am a fundamentalist atheist (yes they exist - we are hardcore).  In the end, I believe I was having more effect on them than they were on me.  They just wanted me to have faith and I just questioned everything.  I still have friends in the Mormon Church.  Please be nice to them and invite them in for a drink.  Many of them are really nice people, just tell them that they have no chance of converting you and you will find it a pleasant experience.

Black_Raven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Black_Raven

I remember one time when I was in town and this guy was trying to sell me this huge religious book (Don't know what the book was exactly I wasn't paying any attention). He kept following me for about 10 minutes and I ended up needing to tell him to fuck off.

Coombs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Coombs

I get "Jo-Hos"
I like to stand outside and argue with them, Politely of course. 
And smoke a cigarette, Which they LOVE btw lol

The_Ish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By The_Ish

Jesus came to America? 

What the fuck?

Relys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Relys

Hey, it's not like you told them off... I mean, it sounds like you couldn't help but laugh.

Vision

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Vision
@Hamst3r said:
"  When the Mormons or Jehovas show up I tend to just not answer the door. Fuck them. There needs to be a no-door-to-door-religious-fanatics list kind of like the do-not-call list and they should have to abide by it. :| "
Huh.. I'm in Denmark and i told the Jehovas to leave and never come back so they put me on a no-door-to-door-religous-fanatics list. ^^
YoThatLimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By YoThatLimp

Its just as crazy as any other religion, I just don't like it jammed down my throat

apathylad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 7

#49  Edited By apathylad
@TheHBK said:
" It was this older man with two kids, like 8 and 9 i think.  I felt so bad for the kids.....one of the kids let out this like sigh or uh oh.  I felt like kicking him in the face. "
Whoa, a contradiction! 
Anyway, I try to avoid talking about politics and/or religion in these threads. These things lead to arguments and get ugly.
raegunz_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By raegunz_

my mom and i used to hide until they went away. isn't that awful? heh. heh.