Star Wars: Clone Wars. Anyone actually see this?

REforever101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By REforever101

I want to....being a big star wars fan...but I'm not expecting much from it

Is it really as bad as I get the feeling its going to be. It currently has a 19% at rottentomatoes.com

Iffy350

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Iffy350

Nope. C+ from the AJC . . . Lies

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By crunchUK

it looks like it continues the trend of awesomely popular with kids from the last 3

Curfew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Curfew

I'm not watching it.

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By BiggerBomb

It just makes you ask yourself, "What the hell is wrong with George Lucas?"

gman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By gman

The good thing about it being skewed towards the younger kids is I can take my five year old girl to see it.  I'm sure it'll be disappointing to the 'veteran' fans. 

Clean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Clean

They need to stop Milking the Star Wars franchise Episodes 1 -3 were enough : P

Bob_Toeback

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Bob_Toeback

I dont think it looks too good... CGI looks too cartoony and cheap... not planning on seeing it..

Lies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 14

#9  Edited By Lies

19% on Rotten Tomaotes= OUCH

RT ran a Star Wars Retrospective, and this ranks lowest by almost ten percent. The closet is Caravan of Courage, an Ewok Adventure at 27%. The lowest a "real" film has gotten was 64 for Phantom Menace. This movie is :(

Really, it's just a pilot for a TV show anyway, only Lucas' incredible greed made them turn it into a movie. It's supposed to kick off a cartoon network series that starts in October or something -__-

REforever101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By REforever101
Bob_Toeback said:
"I dont think it looks too good... CGI looks too cartoony and cheap... not planning on seeing it.."
yea...I have no idea why the cgi looks worse then any of the video games I've played this gen. I mean, theres just a complete lack of detail on all the characters and textures. I mean come on, it's Star Wars!!! It could have had an almost infinite budget...
crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By crunchUK
Bob_Toeback said:
"I dont think it looks too good... CGI looks too cartoony and cheap... not planning on seeing it.."
it is cheap. a lot cheaper. probably why it is
Hexproof

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12  Edited By Hexproof

I might watch it this weekend to see whether it's good or not.

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 19

#13  Edited By ZombiePie

The battle scenes are interminable, especially once we realize that although the air is filled with bullets, shells and explosive rockets, no one we like is going to be killed. First one army advances, then the other. Why not a more fluid battle plan?

Ahsoka Tano, by the way, is annoying. She bats her grapefruit-sized eyes at Anakin and offers suggestions that invariably prove her right and her teacher wrong. At least when we first met Yoda, he was offering useful advice. Which reminds me. I'm probably wrong, but I don't think anyone in this movie ever refers to The Force.

In the end if the next Star Wars film is not based on the extended universe or the Timothy Zahn books I'm going to storm Skywalker Ranch and demand my money back for the money and time I have invested in the Star Wars universe

tearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 52

#14  Edited By tearhead

SHHHH! If we acknowledge then it becomes real. Just ignore it till it goes away, then it's like it never happened. :D

Hats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Hats
ZombiePie said:
"The battle scenes are interminable, especially once we realize that although the air is filled with bullets, shells and explosive rockets, no one we like is going to be killed. First one army advances, then the other. Why not a more fluid battle plan?

Ahsoka Tano, by the way, is annoying. She bats her grapefruit-sized eyes at Anakin and offers suggestions that invariably prove her right and her teacher wrong. At least when we first met Yoda, he was offering useful advice. Which reminds me. I'm probably wrong, but I don't think anyone in this movie ever refers to The Force.

In the end if the next Star Wars film is not based on the extended universe or the Timothy Zahn books I'm going to storm Skywalker Ranch and demand my money back for the money and time I have invested in the Star Wars universe"
While id love to see some films set in the extended universe (not fan made ones), i think everyone has to realize star wars films have always been geared towards kids all the original star wars fans are grown up now at least you have/had some good books to read.

and i think the CGI of the film is meant to look non details basically the way it would look if done in the same style as those 5 min star wars cartoons

RetroIce4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By RetroIce4

I liked the cartoons but this is real iffy. I am not a star wars fan so I will wait and see the reviews.

Avatar image for green_incarnate
Green_Incarnate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#17  Edited By Green_Incarnate

I am not paying money for that garbage. Someone needs to go back in time and kill George Lucas before he went crazy.

Fosssil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#18  Edited By Fosssil

Through the combined influences of the dry and uninspired trailers I've seen on TV, the horrible Metacritic and Rotten Tomato scores, and the desire to never re-live the awkwardness that was The Phantom Menace, I have decided to make this one a "skip".

As much as I never thought I'd say it, I wish they would stop making Star Wars movies already.

DARKIDO07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#19  Edited By DARKIDO07
Green_Incarnate said:
"I am not paying money for that garbage. Someone needs to go back in time and kill George Lucas before he went crazy."
Its like George Lucas lost his brain and took everything good about Star Wars and replaced it with horrible writing crappy CGI, and a terrible script...oh wait...-Yahtzee
Darth_Tyrev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Darth_Tyrev

One of the worst reviewed films of the year. I'll pass.

Shocker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Shocker

I just got back from the movies. (didn't see this movie) And a shitload of people were dressed up as Star Wars characters.

HitNRun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By HitNRun

I was going to watch it illicitly, but now that it's out I honestly don't feel it's worth the time it would take.

Tearhead said:

"SHHHH! If we acknowledge then it becomes real. Just ignore it till it goes away, then it's like it never happened. :D"
I think this is the right idea.
neoepoch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By neoepoch

I went and saw it, and to tell you the truth. It wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. But there were some definite problems.

Character voice acting was really bad. There were few good voices attached to some characters, but Asoka and Zero were not good...not good at all. Asoka was believable, but very annoying, while Zero....lets just blot that out of my memory. And the Narrator at the beginning was just way too cheesy and ruined initial excitement.
Dialogue was really childish too. In a serious wartime setting, certain things that the main characters said were really bad. I don't mind nicknames, but just some of the things were not good at all. (On a positive note, Obi-Wan can really talk some mess.)
The flow of the movie wasn't really good at all either. I remember once upon a time, that the movie was actually comprised of the first few episodes of the cartoon series, and you can really feel that as the movie goes on. The way that characters are introduced makes it seem like they could have added "To be continued" at the end of a few scenes.

I did like a few things though. Although many people hate the art style, I really like the CG. I kind of take the approach of why, do CG if you are going to go realistic because you may as well get real actors. I also liked how the models had 2-d style painted backgrounds. It presented a nice contrast to me.
I also liked the battle sequences. Sure the tactics kind of seemed dumb, but seeing the clones blasting droids and vice versa was actually pretty exciting. Also, the wall climbing battle was pretty cool. However, the lightsaber battles seemed really restricted and not as energetic as we've seen.
The plot was cohesive enough for me to stay interested, and seeing some EU characters and vehicles was pretty cool.

Overall, it wasn't good but it wasn't terrible. However, it really didn't feel too good as a movie. As the first few episodes of a cartoon series it would have made sense (like it should have been). It was slightly better than some parts of the prequels, but NOWHERE near as good as the originals or some of the other EU material. And it was INFINITELY better than the Ewoks movies.

mandeponium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By mandeponium

I am a huge star wars fan (I own several star wars encyclopedias) and I don't even want to see this movie.