User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By turboman
Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

What the hell happened to the other thread?

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

• Our messages wouldn't display for 10 minutes, coordinating chat rooms was becoming a pain.
  • Slow loading
  • Duplicate posts
  • "Last Page" was off
  • Couldn't ever update the name of the thread/first page

We basically pushed Giant Bomb to its limits.

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@turboman: I would say that went...

Over the Limit.

AlexanderSheen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

@turboman said:

@oldirtybearon said:

• Our messages wouldn't display for 10 minutes, coordinating chat rooms was becoming a pain.
  • Slow loading
  • Duplicate posts
  • "Last Page" was off
  • Couldn't ever update the name of the thread/first page

We basically pushed Giant Bomb to its limits.

Most of these are happening with the anime thread too.

Rabid619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@turboman Yeaaaaaaaaaaaah! Glad to see the old girl finally put down, though sad at the same time. As I said in the last message I just posted in the old thread, it had become our Ric Flair. Never wanted to give up, despite being far past it's prime. This thread, right here, will be our Daniel Bryan. Our new generation.

RIP my old friend, LOVE LIVE THE NEW THREAD!

hockeymask27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By hockeymask27

So I caved a skim through total divas. Basically I stopped at every part that involved being actually back stage or superstars. I kind of want a male version now. Cena in normal clothes scares me. Also I couldn't help but laugh near the end when cena comes out instead of the bella's at WM the looks lol.

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By turboman

@laserbolts said:

This is an outright shame. So I haven't watched wrestling in like 3 months or something. Is it still bad?

No! It's actually quite good right now.

• Summer of YES! is happening... right now! Daniel Bryan has been on a fucking role over the past month and has provided a 4 star match every single Raw (seriously, go find the Bryan vs. Cesaro match). Daniel Bryan vs. John Cena at Summerslam
  • CM Punk vs. Brock Lesnar feud is absolutely brutal
  • Damien Sandow won MITB and turned on Cody Rhodes
  • Dolph Ziggler is now owning it as a face
  • Bray Wyatt has debuted and is absolutely incredible
  • The Shield is still walking around like they own the place
  • The feud between AJ and Kaitlyn has been a pleasure to watch
  • Raddox is running Raw

There is very little to complain about right now

InternetDotCom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So is Total Divas a show that admits wrestling is characters and not real that is going to end up with in ring feuds in the part that they talk about being a performance on Total Divas?

My head hurts

MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

So is Total Divas a show that admits wrestling is characters and not real that is going to end up with in ring feuds in the part that they talk about being a performance on Total Divas?

My head hurts

Boobs

That's really all you should be getting out of that show

theveej

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I have this terrible feeling that WWE is gonna do a major swerve at SummerSlam and do a screwjob angle against either Cena or Bryan. That match needs to end cleanly with Bryan winning the title, I would even be okay with Bryan losing it right afterwards to Orton, but I really hope there isn't any shenanigans involved with the match itself.

joshthebear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So yeah, I'm all in on Total Divas.

Krullban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theveej said:

I have this terrible feeling that WWE is gonna do a major swerve at SummerSlam and do a screwjob angle against either Cena or Bryan. That match needs to end cleanly with Bryan winning the title, I would even be okay with Bryan losing it right afterwards to Orton, but I really hope there isn't any shenanigans involved with the match itself.

Cena wins cleanly and nothing happens.

papercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I love that new thread smell. Welcome fiends old and new. I look forward to 10,000 more post and to break this thread as well!

The Wrestling Thread marches on!

Hadoken101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hooray for the new thread! Kind of crazy to realize the first one had reached 13k posts. Here's hoping WWE keeps on this upswing that they're on.

Avatar image for gunslingerpanda
GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wrasslin'!

icytower38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

A new thread and more then a passing interest in RAW for the first time in a few years, maybe time to start posting.

williamhenry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Have all those matches actually been announced for SS, or are you just assuming they will? Also might want to put spoiler tags around a few of them as that matches to determine the SS matches haven't actually aired yet.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

So for the record I think you are all crazy the old thread loaded just fine for me. Anyways, with a new thread comes the opportunity to examine my wrestling fandom and where I stand with that. I think It may be finally time for an extended break again. Money in the bank was the first PPV Ive missed in like 3-4 years. And I find myself ever tired of the actual wrestling part of wrestling. Which can't be good right? I just feel distracted while watching it. That might be because of my ever growing recent interest in the FGC and SpeedRunning scenes. Anyways, Ill always be proud I was part of the NWO style takeover we pushed even way back in the days of wrestling ring. (R.I.P WRESTLING RING) its been fun participating but as Ive done before in the past I think its time for a break like... at least a year or so. Ive done this a few times now. Missed a lot of the early 00's stuff around the invasion angle then started watching again in 05'-08' then fell off again and started watching again around late 09'- now. Hopefully I can get back into it in the future but as for now I think I might get into speedrunning in a more serious capacity once I can get ahold of some streaming/capture gear. Its been fun gents and Ill be around the site so I hope to see you all around!

Hadoken101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@demoskinos I feel that it's best to do this officially

"We wish Demoskinos the best in his future endeavours."

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rick_Fingers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We're here

Avatar image for zombiesatemycereal
zombiesatemycereal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Time to break in the new thread! *hits it with a chair*

themattmercer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have been totally obsessed with the whole Chikara story thing that I am totally disinterested in watching Raw every Monday but I will say that Daniel Bryan is the guy that keeps me following what's going on.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#27  Edited By crusader8463

Been so long since I kept up with wrestling. My Dad keeps sleeping through all the weekly shows and PPV's and I still catch the odd bit from time to time, but that's about it. Every time I sit down to watch it I always give up in boredom after a match or two. I just don't like any of the guys wrestling right now. That said, I still enjoy watching wrestling Documentaries. Specifically the behind the scenes shoots and what not.

I still loved getting wrestling games and making CAWS to fight online, but now that all the nextgen consoles have pay to play online I guess I won't get to do that anymore. Unless hell freezes over and they come to PC.

williamhenry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@krullban said:
@theveej said:

Cena wins cleanly and nothing happens.

If that happens, they will have thrown away a huge opportunity with Bryan. If he loses cleanly to Cena, all his momentum will be killed instantly. I don't think he will ever be as hot as he is now if he loses. I think having him win and Orton cash in would be a terrible idea as well. Bryan is too hot right now not to win the title and hold it for at least a little while. Somebody getting this over with this type of momentum happens so rarely. If they do anything to derail it, it might bring Bryan down for the rest of his career. Bryan going against Vince with Orton as his new corporate champion might work and allow Bryan to keep his momentum, but I wouldn't be surprised if it kills it as well.

dichemstys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Maybe I missed it somewhere, but is there a link to the live chat?

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By turboman

@crusader8463: I'd recommend watching it with a live chat and seeing how that goes for ya

@apparatus_unearth: somebody will post one up before every Raw/smackdown/PPV/whatever We also have a weekly show we put on every Wednesday (hey @drx25, are we doing Wednesday Night Wrasslin tomorrow?)

I have been totally obsessed with the whole Chikara story thing that I am totally disinterested in watching Raw every Monday but I will say that Daniel Bryan is the guy that keeps me following what's going on.

We are too! King of Trios is supposed to be coming up soon... I'm sure they wouldn't skip out of their biggest payday of the year for an angle... right!?

Dynablade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Dynablade

Gotta say I am loving this huge push for Daniel Bryan. Bout time he gets a WWE Title shot.

GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

:(

Some wrestling fans are real pieces of shit.

cmblasko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Meet the new thread, same as the old thread. Good to see you guys.

@gunslingerpanda: How the heck did that guy make it that far into the ring? Guy must have mental problems to do something like that. Classy of Orton to not straight-up stomp the guy.

dichemstys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

:(

Some wrestling fans are real pieces of shit.

I'm questioning how legitimate this video is, seeing as how WWE themselves posted it. Could it be a work?

InternetDotCom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By InternetDotCom

It is really weird, it does look like a planned run-in now, but they were banking on cell phone footage of it?

Or they took they video?

Maybe they want to blur the lines again?

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By turboman

The video was made by a kid in the audience, if you search for it on YouTube you'll find the original (horribly shot) video. Doubt it was worked since Big E looked like he wanted to kick the shit out of somebody.

---

Somebody on Wreddit has compiled all of the things that have happened in the TNA Trainwreck.

• Significant cut backs on flying in wrestlers for tapings.

• Office staff, vendors, and wrestlers (reportedly even Hogan) began receiving their paychecks late. Even the OVW developmental guys were getting paid late.

• Rumors of morale sinking, with many wrestlers sending out feelers through WWE friends to see if there was interest there.

• Many staff members deals restructured and asked to take paycuts or to work on per-night appearances.

• Senior VP of Programming and Talent Relations Bruce Prichard released after refusing to take a paycut.

• TNA agent D-Lo Brown agrees to per-night deal, only to be laid off anyway.

• Lindsey Bynum, manager of live events publicity left the company (unsure if quit or laid off)

• Matt Morgan released (reportedly asked for it after seeing the writing on the wall)

• DOC (who was seemingly in the midst of a storyline), Tara, Taelor Hendrix all released from their contracts. Taelor Hendrix goes on to confirm in interviews that talent are being paid late.

• TNA house show in Missouri is changed because someone dropped the ball and Chris Sabin, Garett Bischoff, Jay Bradley, Wes Brisco, Gail Kim and Miss Tessmacher were all unable to get licensed to wrestle in the state.

• Dixie Carter gives a speech to the locker room, to try and reassure everyone that things are going to be fine...which usually is a sign that they're not. Here's a video of the speech.

• TNA releases Jesse Sorenson, a guy who literally broke his neck for the company. Although reasons have since come out that make it sound as though TNA was perhaps justified, it's still a PR nightmare.

• Then #AskDixie happens, and well....yeah. It didn't go well, to say the least.

• Word comes out that Taz tried to jump ship from TNA but was unable to get WWE to sign him.

• The coup de gras: Dixie Carter releases a long statement online to the fans, attempting to once again reassure everyone that things are fine, which...once again, when things get so bad that you feel the need to address the rumors publicly, generally things are the total opposite of "fine." The President of the company being forced to address rumors about their stability is not something that makes employees, networks, or investors feel confident.

• TNA recently cancelled 2 live events in the northwest due to low ticket sales

• TNA OnDemand subscribers have started getting emails stating that the video on demand service will no longer be offered as of Friday, August 2. Refunds will be given to subscribers. But were reminded that they could still watch videos on TNA's YouTube channel.

Rabid619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't watch wrestling but find hearing about it interesting. I had no idea TNA was in such troubles.

iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By iamjohn

Argh, fitting that I totally botch my first post in the wrestling thread by forgetting how to make gifs. Anyway, Tyler Breeze is pretty cool huh guys?

DisposableUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#41  Edited By DisposableUser

@demoskinos: PLEASE DON'T GO! PLEASE DON'T GO!

ONE MORE MATCH! ONE MORE MATCH!

In other news, WNW will be tomorrow at 10 PM EDT.

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@turboman: Dude, just seeing all together, now I feel bad that shit is going down like that. Chris Sabin or Bully Ray as champion? Rehashing the MEM. Man, not like WWE is gonna take a lot of em in.

joshthebear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@turboman: Jesus, TNA is sounding pretty fucking dire.

Avatar image for deactivated-59694a80bc6d9
deactivated-59694a80bc6d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@@demoskinos Good luck on the streaming.

Good to have a new thread, the old was acting strange for me to; posts took awhile to appear after posting.

I realise this week's Raw was taped but did anybody notice how edited it was? the amount of audio-massaging was ridiculous.

Aronleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Aronleon

After being buried alive the Wrestling Thread returns demanding some respect from all other threads.

Loading Video...

With that out of the way I have finally catch up with WWE and TNA again, Im very happy with the ways things are going on WWE, so many good feuds to watch and enjoy and most of them make sense. TNA on the other hand, I do feel bad for them, sure they are bad but at the same time they were the other "big" company for many guys and they did make some good matches and feuds here and there, but the future doesn't look all that bright now.

@demoskinos: YOU STILL GOT IT!! YOU STILL GOT IT!!

Will be here when you decide to come back duder.

k9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

No need to worry about TNA anymore. The great Muta is coming and bringing in a TNA x Japan talent exchange program with him:

No Caption Provided

Plus, just look at mysterious happenings currently going down at TNA:

Loading Video...

Taz: Is that who I think he is.

Tenay: Oh my God. What is My-ven doing here at the Impact Zone?

Taz: Let's hear what he has to say.

MjHealy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 15

The wrestling thread, she returns. Brought to you by NXT's Emma.

GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k9 said:

Plus, just look at mysterious happenings currently going down at TNA:

Loading Video...

Taz: Is that who I think he is.

Tenay: Oh my God. What is My-ven doing here at the Impact Zone?

Taz: Let's hear what he has to say.

HAHAHA, All I can hear is "August 1, Spike TV," and him saying he's not an employee of Spike TV. whut

SamStrife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By SamStrife

No mention of what happened to Randy Orton at a house show in South Africa yet?

Check this out if you haven't seen it already:

Loading Video...

That's a fan who was supposedly attacking Big E Langston during his and Randy Orton's match and then did that afterwords.

So stupid...

(Article)

GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By GunslingerPanda

No mention of what happened to Randy Orton at a house show in South Africa yet?

Scroll up! We all thought it was terrible and were saddened by it. :(