What do you want most at this point in your life?

• 114 results
wrighteous86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By wrighteous86

I'm a pretty lucky guy. I've got a good family, lifelong friends, a great girlfriend, and traveling is one of my favorite hobbies and I've been blessed enough to be able to see many places I'd like to.

Really, the only hole in my life is my career. I work in Contract Admin, looking over and processing contracts. It's easy and steady work, but the pay is shit and it's an unfulfilling job. I graduated from college in hopes of being a writer or to work in video production, but after 5 years, that hasn't happened. And so, I'm directionless. I want a creative, challenging, fulfilling job but those are few and far between. If I could work producing something for an audience (games, news, videos, stories, anything really), I'd really be completely content with my life.

So, in an attempt to connect and combat my ennui, what is the one thing that you need in your life more than anything right now? What is lacking in your life and how do you plan to get it?

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

I need this to be in Off-Topic.

But seriously, any one of those things you listed would be ok.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By falserelic

I'm embarrass to say the issue I have going on in my life, but I just don't want to feel worthless anymore. I've made a stupid mistake and fucked things up for myself, and now I'm trying my best to fix it. At the sametime I don't know if I have what it takes to fix it. The only thing I can do is keep moving forward and hope for the best.

I just hope one day I can be successful somehow.

wrighteous86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4  Edited By wrighteous86

@jimbo: Yeah, on the mobile site and put this in General Discussion accidentally.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#5  Edited By Video_Game_King

This feels kind of personal, doesn't it?

Oh, fuck it: the ability to understand the Japanese language.

JouselDelka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By JouselDelka

to learn how to not be an uptight perfectionist so I can have friends and drama and girlfriends whom I play power games with, etc..

It seems indulging in that disgusting and straight up retarded web of shitty human interactions is the only way to make loved ones, and I don't wanna die alone. Going the high road of being a sane and tolerant old chap doesn't get you nobody, they pass you by if you don't indulge in the game.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Im too big of a wuss to say specifics. Lets just say there are a lot of things in my life that I wish were different.

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

A pizza. I guess I could get it by ordering a pizza but I don't really want to sit up.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#9  Edited By Seppli

Sounds like you've got your bases covered. Guess your shit job keeps that all going smoothly, so keep doing that. If you want to write - write!

Robert A. Heinlein's Rules of Writing...

• 1.) You must write.
  • 2.) You must finish what you write.
  • 3.) You must refrain from rewriting, except to editorial order.
  • 4.) You must put the work on the market.
  • 5.) You must keep the work on the market until it is sold.

Doesn't sound all too hard to follow. Now if you've got the stuff, that's the other question.

As for me, I live by the day. Sleep well. Eat well. Exercise. Enjoy myself. Enjoy the world. Don't let the bullshit get to me. I'm not playing the long game. Fuck that shit.

StarFoxA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 12

I'd like to beat Dark Souls. In the three days since I've started, I've managed to get as far as the Gaping Dragon. That game is the greatest.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

I'm ready for college to be over and to move into a job, too. Unfortunately, it seems like extreme luck and lots of good contacts are what's required to get into one of those jobs that you want, neither of which I really have. Living in a rural area doesn't do much for the latter, and luck is something that I seem to only get occasionally.

Wemibelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

User Lists: 11

I really just wish I knew what I wanted to do, or more specifically, what kind of job I will end up with in the future so I can work harder on those skills. I like to write, but how do I know if that will ever get me a job? I'm learning Japanese, but will I ever really use it? Living at home and just taking classes gives me a lot of free time to build my skills; I just have no idea which ones to work on, and it paralyzes me sometimes.

pyromagnestir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#13  Edited By pyromagnestir

Well there are so many ways my life could change for the better.

Joke answer:

I want someone who cares about me. And not my parents or siblings or other family, because they do care about me but you know... they're family and caring about your family is pretty much a basic requirement of not being a shitty family. I'm talking about someone who chooses to care about me just because they want to.

Serious answer:

Loading Video...

Wait...

No, just double checked and those are in the right categories.

How do I plan on getting it? No idea. I'm not going to stress too much over it though, as I'm working on bettering other parts of my life first. Like I said there's a lot to work on. :)

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A new computer. I'm so sick of my outdated computer.

And I guess I want to figure out what I want to do with my life instead of aimlessly drifting through it, or whatever.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc8838532af0
deactivated-5cc8838532af0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd like to meet some new people. I love who I hang out with but that group hasn't grown for a few years.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#17  Edited By StarvingGamer

@seppli said:

That sounds like fucking terrible advice.

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

Casual sex.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#19  Edited By Animasta

a vagina?

well technically a neovagina but WHATEVS

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By TheManWithNoPlan

I'd like to make my way through college and get a job I love. I'm also really ready for new consoles.

Grissefar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Grissefar

Wow good question man. I don't know, some friends would sure be nice, but that's a lot to ask for at 25 so whatever man. Other than that, perhaps a less bleak future for video games would be OK. Will there even be a PS5/XboxTwo? And perhaps a job when I finish my education in half a year but right now I'm not hopeful.

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 17

A job.

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By jimmyfenix

I am nearly 20 years old and heading into University so i guess probably nothing yet but in a few years man i have alot of things i need to do.

Explore

Chill

Game

And work probably.

Avatar image for oscar__explosion
Oscar__Explosion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Oscar__Explosion

Finding work that I can actually have a future with.

Avatar image for deactivated-61356eb4a76c8
deactivated-61356eb4a76c8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

video games

artelinarose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By artelinarose

To start transitioning. Which hoooopefully shouldn't be very long now, my first doctor's appointment is on Monday and after that it's just being prescribed hormones by the doctor which shouldn't take too long!

Um, beyond that? Going to school and making something of myself. This job is going nowhere and I want to learn, badly. I want to learn and I want to find what my passion is. I still don't know what makes me tick or what excites me beyond playing video games.

Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just to be out of my parents' house, which should be a reality in the next few months.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Hunter5024

@starvinggamer said:

@seppli said:

Not necessarily. The reason lots of people don't finish what they write is because they get caught in an endless cycle of rewriting the same parts over and over again. They are never satisfied with it, and it's super discouraging. If you want to finish novels you have to learn to push through, save the mistakes for later, and accept that you'll never believe your work is perfect.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#29  Edited By Video_Game_King

@starvinggamer said:

@seppli said:

Not necessarily. The reason lots of people don't finish what they write is because they get caught in an endless cycle of rewriting the same parts over and over again. They are never satisfied with it, and it's super discouraging. If you want to finish novels you have to learn to push through, save the mistakes for later, and accept that you'll never believe your work is perfect.

Why is it that every time somebody gives advice for writing, it's for writing a novel? There's a lot more to writing than novels, guys!

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#30  Edited By SchrodngrsFalco

A FF/EMT position in the city of Bend and out of school for a while so i can have some time to just relax. Ready to check out for a bit.

OldGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By OldGuy

A nap.

When you're a little kid you fight and cry and desperately try to avoid the nap. Then, when you're older and realize that naps are awesome, you don't have time to take them anymore.

I want a nap.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

Same thing everyone wants. Sex, love, money, and a feeling of contentment with life and one self. Never gonna get it though.

Coafi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hope.

confusedowl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A group of friends that like me for being me, a job, maybe a girlfriend. All of these simple things have not happened to me. Last time I had a close group of friends that actually liked me was when I was 10 years old. That fact keeps me up at night and depresses me to no end.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#35  Edited By BabyChooChoo

Get my shit together. I dropped out of college (but got to keep the debt that comes with it, YAY!) due to various circumstances a few years ago and haven't done shit with my life since. I've just been sitting around telling myself I'll do this,, telling myself i'll do that, etc etc, but...well...yeah. I just want to find something I can devote myself to. My goal is essentially to find a goal I want to work towards. I mean, I have ideas and things, but I'm never like, "YES, that's what I want to do with my life!" I dunno, I just feel all sorts of lost, trapped, and confused and I want something, anything to point me in the right direction.

Rick_Fingers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Rick_Fingers

I'd like to crush my enemies, see them driven before me, and to hear the lamentation of the women

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

Sleep?

tread311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

A house I guess. My parents built a new house last year and made us an apartment in the basement which has been great financially, but my girlfriend and I sure could use our own place. I'll probably stick it out until my car is paid off though, so a couple more years.

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Right now I'm just focused on finishing college in the next couple years. I'd like to be able to get a good stable job that I enjoy and then kind of go from there. I guess I'd also like to find a significant other at some point, but that can wait. In fact, I really hope it doesn't happen anytime soon. I'd like to avoid making the decision of moving out of my home state after graduating even harder.

Krullban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want to see my girlfriend. She is about 11,000 km away.

stryker1121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Put simply, a more satisfying, fun and fulfilling life than the one I'm living currently.

This largely entails finishing my novel and creating a bidding war among publishers for said novel. I have days where I think I'm a hack-fraud, others where I'm certain my book has a chance among the tens of thousands of ideas bouncing around out there. Meantime, I'm trying to build a freelance writing career after a decade as a newspaperman. I've had moments of severe doubt and depression, like I'm not good enough/dedicated enough to hack this. Sure, half the business is getting story pitches turned down or emails/cold calls to prospective clients ignored completely, but it wears on you, especially when you perceive others are having more success, or more fun in life than you are. I spend way too much time worrying about what other people are doing, and finding my life wanting in comparison. Got to put a cork in that..

pr1mus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

To get whatever is wrong in my head sorted. And there is a lot to sort!

Seriously it's fucked in there.

Avatar image for captain_clayman
captain_clayman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Right at this moment I'd like to drink a large quantity of alcohol and smoke a large quantity of marijuana, black out, and then get on with the rest of my life.

development

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Imagine having a little hand on the end of your penis that could grab things, totally prehensile. I want that most of all. I'd write letters to people and they'd be like "You... did you write this with your penis hand, Jimmy, you cheeky bastard." And I'd be all coy about it, and we'd all laugh. It's the only correct answer if you really think about it for a few years.

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Purpose I suppose.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By bigjeffrey

MY GOAL IN LIFE IS TO ACQUIRE A REAL DOLL

landon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MY GOAL IN LIFE IS TO ACQUIRE A REAL DOLL

They're way too expensive and they don't even let you build them how you want. Total rip off.

Loading Video...

TAFAE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By TAFAE

Echoing some others: a job. But I'd probably settle for Persona 5.

JouselDelka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd like to crush my enemies, see them driven before me, and to hear the lamentation of the women

Bah what was I thinking? This is the only answer right here.