What do you want most at this point in your life?

• 114 results
bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By bigjeffrey

@landon said:
@bigjeffrey said:

MY GOAL IN LIFE IS TO ACQUIRE A REAL DOLL

They're way too expensive and they don't even let you build them how you want. Total rip off.

Loading Video...

THIS IS WHY I NEED ONE OF THESE,

MY LIFE MISSION

Fearbeard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#52  Edited By Fearbeard

I want to win a massive lottery, go into hiding and have time to actually work on my gaming backlog

Avatar image for darkdragonmage99
darkdragonmage99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

if that makes the op a lucky guy what does having no family no friends no money and not have left the house is 2 years make me

AlexanderSheen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

wrighteous86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

@darkdragonmage99: Clinically depressed, and I've been there. I got help and so can you. Make an effort to reach out to someone to talk about that. (I know, easier said then done.) Let me know if you ever need to talk.

MideonNViscera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stability and a clear sense of direction.

And a real doll.

Avatar image for alwaysbebombing
alwaysbebombing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Money. Why would you ask for anything else? Money can get you everything else.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why is it that every time somebody gives advice for writing, it's for writing a novel? There's a lot more to writing than novels, guys!

Says the guy who writes novel-length blog posts. :P

Avatar image for darkdragonmage99
darkdragonmage99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wrighteous86: Not news to me I'm bipolar I get to be clinically depressed and not and manic in the same day some times

tonyp2121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know I have a pretty awesome life thus far. I'm starting college this august with a computer engineering major (which of course I may change to something else), my first job/long term internship is going to be at a tech company coding websites, and I have some insanely awesome friends, some of which I will have to say goodbye to in a month but I am sure I'll still make a bunch of similar friends at college. I guess right now the only thing I want is friends who I won't have to say goodbye to, but thats life I just have to accept it and move one.

emfromthesea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I would like for college to go well. I'm starting a Graphic Design course later this year. So yes, that would be good.

Sanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loads and loads of money, failing that a decent job with benefits to pay for my medical bills.

grilledcheez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

I want a real job (although I haven't looked very hard since graduation) so I can buy a new car

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

Peace.

Avatar image for gunslingerpanda
GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I need some food. Pls.

Sploder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not really wanting for anything at the minute. Life's going well, I'm going to uni soon and I've got enough money to be comfortable. I already paid off my PS4 so I'm pretty happy with that. I think my ipod is broken though so I'll be wanting to get one of those soon.

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

career, but I guess I should be happy anyways for being able to work my way there with education...so I guess I need more patience.

Stete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Stete

An apartment.

Elwoodan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

a job that actually lets me use my degree, I'm about a month out from finishing a BA in history, and I knew it was a long shot from the beginning, but I'd give anything to actually work in teaching and curating at a museum, or at one of the Civil War national parks.

irrelevantjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

A full time job, a car, my own place, relationship and money. Lots of money!

Simplexity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Some sort of goal.

J_00700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What I want most in life? Hmmmm....... Oh! I know...

Lots of money.

Avatar image for deactivated-629fb02f57a5a
deactivated-629fb02f57a5a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

This feels kind of personal, doesn't it?

Oh, fuck it: the ability to understand the Japanese language.

Go to Japan, if you can afford it. I can't, but would if I could.

Canteu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Canteu

Money for nothing. To not have to work for the rest of my life.

Osaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A steady flow of income while I can sit back and do everything I want to do.

Money can't buy you happiness, but it sure does help.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#76  Edited By Humanity

Probably a long distance British girlfriend would fill the void in my life, some people have all the luck!

CaLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By CaLe
@gnomeonfire said:

@video_game_king said:

There are no flights from the Moon to Japan as far as I know. My advice would be to study more and play fewer games. There's no miracle shortcut to learning a language like Japanese. It takes time and a lot of work.

As for what I want, the ability to not need sleep or food would be great but that's not realistic. Financial security for life I guess.

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Grand Theft Auto V is pretty much it. In three years, I'd like a job and at some point in the near future I would like the drive and confidence to start looking for a girlfriend, but at the moment I'd be pretty satisfied with GTAV.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#79  Edited By Video_Game_King

@cale said:

My advice would be to study more and play fewer games.

You mean games in general, or playing video games in Japanese? I thought the latter counted as a form of study (reading practice and such). Not that it matters; after Shin Megami Tensei, I decided to dial things back and focus on more conventional studying.

CaLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@video_game_king said:

@cale said:

My advice would be to study more and play fewer games.

You mean games in general, or playing video games in Japanese? I thought the latter counted as a form of study (reading practice and such). Not that it matters; after Shin Megami Tensei, I decided to dial things back and focus on more conventional studying.

Playing games in Japanese is a relatively slow way to learn new stuff, but sure it's better than playing in English. I honestly don't know your level or how you go about studying, so it's hard to give specific advice. If you want, you can PM me and I'll make some recommendations based on what level you're at.

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#81  Edited By ProfessorEss

The willpower to quit smoking.

Rick_Fingers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Rick_Fingers

I thought about it seriously for a few more days and, all kidding aside, I'd still like to crush my enemies, see them driven before me, and to hear the lamentation of the women

Avatar image for darknessmyoldfriend
DarknessMyOldFriend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To crush my enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women.

Edit: GOD DAMN IT @rick_fingers!

brutushayesosu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A job not in retail. People suck.

Hosstile17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#86  Edited By Hosstile17

So, I have been in corporate level enterprise sales for three years now. My company was purchased a little over a year ago and in that time my company was changed and the mission was lost and the work went from a labor of love to just a labor. Friends were quit and were fired. Departments changed their focus and the product I loved to sell was changed to improve margins and serve larger clients.

In light of all this, I decided that I wanted to get back to my roots. So, I quit last week and went to work for a small startup company. Pay may not be as good. The benefits might not be what I am used to. But, I think I am going to love what I do, again. That just seemed way more important.

Avatar image for deactivated-629fb02f57a5a
deactivated-629fb02f57a5a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@cale said:
@gnomeonfire said:

@video_game_king said:

There are no flights from the Moon to Japan as far as I know. My advice would be to study more and play fewer games. There's no miracle shortcut to learning a language like Japanese. It takes time and a lot of work.

As for what I want, the ability to not need sleep or food would be great but that's not realistic. Financial security for life I guess.

I used the Genki books in college when learning Japanese, I would recommend them pretty highly. They work and are very well structured.

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By _Zombie_

To move in with my boyfriend, as well as a job.

Rick_Fingers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#90  Edited By Tennmuerti

Start a family.

I am at the age when my man hormones are telling me to have a spawn.

CaLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By CaLe

@gnomeonfire said:

I used the Genki books in college when learning Japanese, I would recommend them pretty highly. They work and are very well structured.

Yeah I used them myself, but they are for beginners. I think @video_game_king is beyond the level they go to. It's after this stage that I'd recommend getting into SRS software like Anki. It has a pretty steep learning curve, but If you use it properly it can efficiently streamline your learning. It's definitely not for everyone and does require real dedication at a certain point. However, using it gives access to extremely useful software such as subs2srs, which is very effective for language learning. Of course, having a Japanese friend whom with you can practice all the new stuff your learning is also invaluable.

Samael2138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm pretty good right now. I guess a little motivation would help.

Honestly, I just wish one of my best friends would quit being an alcoholic douchebag. Alcoholism changes people so radically, & I miss the duder.

Addfwyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 11

#93  Edited By Addfwyn

Honestly, a new job. I love where I live, Tokyo is the best city in the world. The people I know are great too, and I don't even care that I work 60 hour weeks for extremely low pay. I've never found I needed much money and I get bored if I'm working less than a 12 hour day.

I just want to NOT work Saturday and Sunday every week. It makes it impossible to maintain anything resembling a social life and dating is straight out the window. My needs are pretty low I guess.

Pezen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Some inner drive to actually do something with my creative ideas instead of just half-assing it and then complaining that I am stuck at my shitty job and average lifestyle. Visiting a friend of mine who's an aspiring filmmaker always makes me realize how much he's sacrificing in order to fulfill his dream and how I'm completely squandering my gifts for unimportant passing stuff.

Basically, I want the ability to prioritize to aid my goals instead of hindering them.

wrighteous86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#95  Edited By wrighteous86

@humanity said:

Probably a long distance British girlfriend would fill the void in my life, some people have all the luck!

I know... Shame I'm losing the long distance part. Now I want that too!

myke_tuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My bachelor's degree. I want to get out of school already. A close second would be a nice lady friend, but we've already talked about that a bit on your podcast.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By Sooty
@cale said:

@gnomeonfire said:

Yeah I used them myself, but they are for beginners. I think @video_game_king is beyond the level they go to. It's after this stage that I'd recommend getting into SRS software like Anki. It has a pretty steep learning curve, but If you use it properly it can efficiently streamline your learning. It's definitely not for everyone and does require real dedication at a certain point. However, using it gives access to extremely useful software such as subs2srs, which is very effective for language learning. Of course, having a Japanese friend whom with you can practice all the new stuff your learning is also invaluable.

Anki is for beginners too though, I mean that's what I used at the start, now I use iKnow (formerly smartfm)

Actually that is a bit borked, Anki is for all levels!

CaLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By CaLe

@sooty: I use Anki for a lot of new English vocabulary and it's my native language, so yeah it serves all levels. Also I'm pretty sure there is a deck available that has all of the iKnow information in it, so that you don't have to use the site and have much more control over that stuff. When used with the right external tools and addons, Anki can do a lot more than what it may first seem capable of.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By Sooty

@cale said:

@sooty: I use Anki for a lot of new English vocabulary and it's my native language, so yeah it serves all levels. Also I'm pretty sure there is a deck available that has all of the iKnow information in it, so that you don't have to use the site and have much more control over that stuff. When used with the right external tools and addons, Anki can do a lot more than what it may first seem capable of.

You can indeed get the Core decks in Anki that iKnow uses, but iKnow is just a flat out better service and cross-device syncing works perfectly, with Anki it was always hit and miss. Of course iKnow does come at a premium though but I definitely prefer it for the Core stuff, I haven't used Anki in ages since I'm trying to finish the last set of Core now.

fauen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Get married, have kids and then see the kids play NES games.