• 53 results
#1 Posted by Deo_Brando (54 posts) -

What is your favorite food?What do you like to eat?

#2 Posted by Deo_Brando (54 posts) -

I love fast food. Hamburgers French Fries, etc.

#3 Posted by Nick (1039 posts) -

salmon sashimi, so good.

#4 Posted by nutter (2110 posts) -

My metric is going to be “which food am I most likely to overeat and later regret?”

Winner: Indian (let’s call it chicken tikka, samosas, naan, basmati rice)

Runners-up: BBQ (all meats, all styles, all sides, all good), Pizza (NYC/Brooklyn/New Haven styles)

#5 Posted by TheFlamingo352 (337 posts) -

In terms of flavour, I really love fried sushi like volcano rolls. It's delicious and crunchy and definitely the least classy way to sushi.

If you're asking my favourite food, though, as in favourite of all time, it's pizza. Pizza's the most versatile food, and anyone that says they don't like it is lying.

#6 Posted by Sahalarious (765 posts) -

all about that kofta kebab over rice with the white sauce and hot sauce

#7 Posted by Blu3V3nom07 (4497 posts) -

Singapore Noodles

#8 Posted by xanadu (2037 posts) -

Pizza.

#9 Posted by vinone (324 posts) -

I normally just tell people sushi because it's an easy answer and I don't have to over think. It's also hard to top a really good burrito.

#10 Posted by The_Grindilow (531 posts) -

Curries - i'm terrible at cooking them but a great Indian restaurant can't be beaten for me. The spicier the better!

#11 Posted by cubidog (96 posts) -

Pizza always has been and always will be my favorite food.

Avatar image for militantfreudian
#12 Posted by militantfreudian (681 posts) -

Breakfast food is best food. I also love yogurt, and anything with peanut butter.

Avatar image for ralphmoustaccio
#13 Posted by RalphMoustaccio (293 posts) -

If I was told I could only eat one type of food for the rest of my life, I would go with tacos because there's a ton of different types and I'd get the least tired of it. So, I guess tacos are my favorite food.

#14 Posted by someoneproud (561 posts) -

Prawns/Shrimp, literally can't get enough of the things, plain or with (garlic) butter. Pretty sure I could never tire of eating them if I had an infinite supply.

#15 Posted by FrodoBaggins (2047 posts) -

Chinese food. Shanghai chicken, crispy beef, chips, egg fried rice, prawn toast, crispy seaweed, prawn crackers

#16 Posted by Efesell (4475 posts) -

Pizza is a boring answer, but my honest one.

#17 Posted by msouza1991 (67 posts) -

I'm fairly certain that I could eat Chicken Parmigiana every day for the rest of my life.

#18 Posted by TheHT (15835 posts) -

lasagna

#19 Posted by Relkin (1163 posts) -

Cantaloupe, but I developed an allergy to it in my late teens, so I can't eat it anymore.

Avatar image for shivermetimbers
#20 Posted by shivermetimbers (1706 posts) -

Sushi and ramen are my favorites, the East knows how to make great food.

#21 Posted by pweidman (2851 posts) -

Tom Kha Soup/Red Curry Beef hot. Add in some Drunken Noodle and spicy bbq wings...omg. Thai food expertly prepared is easily my fav, and I'm a foodie.

#22 Edited by sub_o (1159 posts) -
No Caption Provided

Sambal Petai Hati Ayam. Basically chicken liver fried with chili peppers + garlic + shallots, and then the stinky petal beans.

Else, I will just go for burger or döner.

#23 Posted by Deo_Brando (54 posts) -
#24 Posted by billmcneal (1220 posts) -

Macaroni and cheese

#25 Edited by pooblop (1 posts) -

It's pizza time, all the time. I will happily gobble down any type, but a simple wood fire pizza is the best with four cheeses and some chicken scattered on top.

#26 Posted by Damenco (63 posts) -

My favorite food is the one that is grown in a natural way without chemical additives

#27 Posted by bmccann42 (403 posts) -

Prime rib with mashed potatoes and gravy - I grew up in an Irish household, what can I say?

#28 Posted by Zelyre (1900 posts) -

Cantonese Chinese food is probably my comfort food. But it has to give me that ratatouille moment where I am taken back to ten year old me, refusing to eat that stuff in Hong Kong. Give me metal carts full of dim sum - ha gou, siew mei, lo mei gai. Won ton mein. Chow fun. Congee. Yao teew. Or the weird “American” Hong Kong food like macaroni in chicken broth with a slice of ham.

Or pretentious fancy lad Michelin star stuff. I get inspired and motivated to cook and do fancy playing for weeks after a nice haut meal.

@theflamingo352: how are those volcano rolls made?

The sushi place that was (rip) by me did a crab stick, salmon, white fish, tops it with mayo, and bakes it. The salmon would come out a nice medium and the mayo would get that dark brown crunchy layer. If they weren’t so rich, I would eat them all day.

But I have been to other sushi places, ordered a volcano roll and gotten things like deep fried California rolls...

#29 Posted by TheFlamingo352 (337 posts) -

@zelyre: The rolls I'm talking about are like the first ones you mention, but I usually see crab instead of salmon.

Never heard of that fried Cali roll you're talking about, but I probably wouldn't order it if they didn't write on the menu what's inside.

#30 Posted by Stonyman65 (3806 posts) -

Depending on my mood it could be pizza or cheese burgers.

#31 Posted by wollywoo (251 posts) -

Ramen (real ramen that is.) I could eat it for lunch every day of my entire life and be content.

#32 Posted by Ares42 (4340 posts) -

If it's got beef/chicken, tomato, onion and possibly cheese chances are I'm gonna love it.

#33 Posted by MonkeyKing1969 (7536 posts) -

I think the food I like that is not special occasions food is pizza. But, I mean good pizza. For a weird restaurant where I want something edible and not screwed up - a hamburger. If I have to go to a fast food place I will always buy the basic burger.

#34 Edited by Tom_omb (1073 posts) -

Ice Cream! It's so versatile: milkshakes, cake, sundaes, sandwitches. Infinite flavors! It makes every dessert better and dessert is already the best food group.

#35 Posted by Pablito_E (3 posts) -

Salted Caramel in various variants - it can be with lavender or blue cheese... mmm, delicious))

#36 Posted by isomeri (3118 posts) -

A good stew, preferably involving game of some sort like goose or duck.

#37 Posted by Deo_Brando (54 posts) -

Of course, fast food! I love everything harmful. Hamburgers, french fries .. But I try to eat it not often.

#38 Posted by Deo_Brando (54 posts) -

Hmmm, many of us love fast food, pizza, sushi, ice cream

#39 Posted by MocBucket62 (2487 posts) -

Tough question. There are 3 foods that I feel I can eat an endless supply on and those are Buffalo Chicken Wings, Sushi (Maki Rolls) and Steak. I guess I enjoy Sushi the most of those 3 so probably that. Usually I love Spicy Tuna, Spicy Yellowtail, Tuna or Salmon Avocado and Philly Rolls.

#40 Posted by Casepb (672 posts) -

Salty food would have to be any type of pasta. I'm an Italian that loves Italian food. For sweets peanut butter and chocolate stuff is awesome. The best cake I've ever had was a strawberry doberge cake. Had strawberry fruit in the middle. Was so damn good.

#42 Posted by TobbRobb (6582 posts) -

I'm all about the bready stuff or pasta. Just carb craziness. Lasgna comes to mind immediately as an excellent dish that blends my favorite things, though I've gotten a bit snobby with them. A bad lasagna just isn't the same. I've also somehow never gotten tired of pizza, even after years of abusing it. I'll have many types, but usually a simple meat and cheese one is the way to go. Gorgonzzzzola.

#43 Posted by Big_Denim (833 posts) -

Pizza. I could eat it every day.

#44 Posted by Marcsman (3823 posts) -

Buffalo chicken

Pizza

Cheese steak

#45 Edited by Puchiko (846 posts) -

Lobster. But I can only eat it once a year since it so damn expensive in my area. Wish I could live near the coast where its dirt cheap.

But a close second is Chinese Red Roast Duck. I could eat that for days and never get sick of it.

#46 Posted by Nick (1039 posts) -

raw salmon

#47 Posted by Big_Denim (833 posts) -

@puchiko: If it makes you feel any better, I live near the coast and I'd hardly consider it "dirt cheap" :|

#48 Posted by billmcneal (1220 posts) -

I used to say lasagna to this question but I think it has changed over time. I really like clam chowder and macaroni and cheese and fettuccine Alfredo.

#49 Posted by MonkeyKing1969 (7536 posts) -

Really good pizza...

But, there are too many to choose. I will give a nod to other people for saying Chinese food, Vietnamese food, Thai food, Japanese food, lasagna, burger & fries, Buffalo Chicken Wings, Steak.

What I miss most - Vietnamese food!

#50 Posted by Dichemstys (3923 posts) -

Generally I'm most stoked to get my hands on some sushi. It's not super common for me to get it these days but man I love it.