Which bank do you use?

• 63 results
ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Right now I'm using Wells Fargo. May switch to chase or Bank of America for more ATM access though.

Which bank do you use or recommend?

Avatar image for thecreamfilling
TheCreamFilling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

I'm with a credit union.

Avatar image for alwaysbebombing
alwaysbebombing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I use a Credit Union because I'm not a crazy person who loves to have their money stolen.

ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

JNeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Currently use Ally Bank.

Avatar image for rubberbabybuggybumpers
RubberBabyBuggyBumpers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bank of America has always been good to me.

Krevee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I use Bank of America and Ally, I am going to go only Ally soon. Ally has been pretty good to me, if you care about ATM access you can use any ATM with Ally and they will pay you back the ATM fee.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By xyzygy

I am currently using the Royal Bank of Canada for my Canadian funds and Volksbank for my German funds, but I am thinking about switching to the credit union when I get back to Canada.

xSeanZx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I use Bank of America. I have had a checking with them for about 6 years, and just got a cash rewards credit card with them.

Technically I have Citi Bank too because of my best buy credit card, but that doesnt really count.

Avatar image for viciousbearmauling
ViciousBearMauling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Wells Fargo

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By Ben_H

Currently with RBC. Will be switching to a credit union once I am done school and get a real boy job. I've had enough of RBC calling me and trying to get me/trick me into doing stuff I don't want/need. They will call, talk for ~4-5 minutes about some thing, and then use misleading phrasing to try to make me say I will sign up for something. I have yet to fall for it but often when I say no they try and use "what if" situations or guilt me into it. It's really disgusting.

mrfizzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

I use the Commonwealth Bank of Australia...

wrecks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#13  Edited By wrecks

Fuck Fees.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I've used Bank of America for about seven years now. Never had any problems. They've even cancelled/put my card on hold a couple times due to either a mass breach from a store I used it at or due to a suspicious charge. It can be slightly annoying to find out when you go to try to buy something and you get declined, but it's better than the alternative of you finding yourself with an empty bank account. If it's suspicious charge all you have to do is call them and within about 5 minutes it's fixed; if it gets cancelled you just have to go up to the bank and they give you another one. Not too big a deal either way.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By NTM

I used to do Bank of America, but stopped five years ago, and just recently started another one at Key Bank since it had the hassle free account, which is meant for teens I guess, but whatever. I don't want to have to pay a fee and crap.

pr1mus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Desjardins in Quebec. It's a credit union.

Vuud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I stack all my paper at da Furst Yoonited Bank of Skrilla, for STR8 P1MPIN' Hard As Fuck Mafuckas! You know yo chedda is safe wit uz, PEACE!

HerbieBug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By HerbieBug

Royal Bank of Canada. They're fine. Good online functionality. They don't call me at home. Maybe I specified no telemarketing calls when I signed on 15 years ago? Who knows. Visa will call on occasion but I never answer when they do. Those folks want to sell their payment protection plans real bad.

Also, you need money, you come to me. Whatever you need. Vig is 200% per week. Bag man comes Thursday at 1am. Sharp. Default is kneecap or thumb, whichever you prefer. I'm an easy going fella like that. <____<

Avatar image for insane_shadowblade85
insane_shadowblade85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I use Chase; my main and only issue with them is if you have less than a certain amount of money in your savings account you get charged $10 - $15 for something or some other. I just need to put a little more in there but I just keep putting it off. I honestly thought about switching banks a year or so ago after they bought Washington Mutual, but after they helped me out after some asshat stole money out of my account I decided to stick with them.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#20  Edited By Blu3V3nom07

BoA. There's a branch down the street from me, and a couple in the city convenient to my location and downtown. I could deposit using the ATM, and I find that really useful.

ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've actually had most the major banks and one point or another. I switched for various reasons from each one , but I really just need to stick to one I think .

I like that I can pretty much throw a stick and hit a chase branch or ATM. Seriously, there everywhere. It also looks like their iOS app is very good.

Wells Fargo is ok, but I think the only reason I went back with them is because they were doing a sign up bonus and I already have a credit card with them.

I like that there's a lot if B of A ATMs, but there branch locations are a tad scattered in my area . Again , seems like there's a chase on every corner where I'm at . The reason I switched from them was I was mad about there then new online banking change and that they pretty much want people to use online banking only it seems (or at that time ) however, I realize over the years most my banking I of either through a app or online anyway , so perhaps I overreacted. I didn't gave a problem really with them. They were a bit fee happy if I remember right. Like with overdrafts and what not.

I'm probably between chase or B of A right now .

audiosnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BECU credit union. Simple. honest, secure.

Avatar image for deactivated-630479c20dfaa
deactivated-630479c20dfaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nordea

NorthSarge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I use Ally. They reimburse ATM fees, they give me interest on my checking account for some reason, & I just deposit all my checks through the iphone app. It has all I need.

ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@northsarge: what if you need to deposit cash? That was my only real headache with ally.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

I use a small local bank. I don't trust my money with the large banks.

Gruebacca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Chevron Federal Credit Union.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I work at a local Chicago bank and use them.

Before that, I had a great relationship with PNC but going downstairs during lunch is more convenient to me. That seems to be a good bet with larger banks, but smaller ones really do have your back a lot more.

Sinusoidal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kookmin

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

I'm with a credit union that has been around for a long time. I've been with them for over a decade. They're really good.

TyCobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

US Bank. Been with them for about 12 years. I would swap to a credit union, but I have super checking and savings account due to the home mortgage going through them. Free Cashier's checks are pretty sweet.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

White Rose Credit Union. Love 'em.

Tomzombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

a Credit Union for i don't like the big banks that take your money from every time you move your money from one account to another by some unessary fee. Also the big banks, fredy and fany, aig, chase, bank of america, barkeliys crashed the economy in 2008 so that's another reason i don't trust the big banks that make money off people.

Hamst3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

I have accounts at Chase, Wells, BofA and Citibank. I recommend using none of them, but I guess Chase has been the most convenient overall. I use the QuickPay and iPhone app stuff a lot.

Neonie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Neonie

USAA

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#36  Edited By Nodima

First National. I'm not sure how useful it'd be if I ever left the state, or really even just Omaha as Lincoln seems to be more of a Wells Fargo town. But in Omaha being First National is exceptional, the only drawback is if you don't have a line of credit on your debit card (which I haven't had for a while, but that was by choice). Their overdraft policy is pretty insanely strict, but when it comes to depositing and having access to money they're awesome. It's little things like depositing money into an ATM at 11PM through an envelope and having access to it immediately I remember being a non-option or total hassle when I was younger and first had an account that are so simple now.

I have to admit it's a bit of a hometown homer pick though, I know a lot of people with credit unions, Wells Fargo or Citi. But all I hear them do is complain about their banks, whereas the only problems I've ever had with mine are largely of my own doing. They really stick to the letter of their laws but as long as you play by them - and they're fairly simple - it's fantastic.

It's hard to have perspective on them as a company because they're huge here - one of the Huskers' biggest sponsors and advertisers, as well as based in Omaha and therefore have branches or ATMs on every corner it seems - but they're one of the few private banks that seem like they could compete with the big dogs if they wanted to.

VierasTalo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Danske Bank in Finland. I love their mobile application.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#38  Edited By mike

Navy FCU...banks are the devil.

Monkeyman04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been using US bank for as long as i can remember.

helvetica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have USAA. Their customer service is the best.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Huntington bank...It's near my domain.

Avatar image for giantlizardking
GiantLizardKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

US Bank. First bank I've ever had that I don't actively despise.

MannyMAR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm down with my homeboy Chuck. Ever since I switched from Bank of America to Schwab I never looked back. No fees, free interest checking, and a free brokerage account that I use more like a money market account.

Zelyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Credit union and BMO/Harris. I have a mortgage with the later, and they seem like they bend over backwards at times for me.

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#46  Edited By fisk0  Moderator

Nordea. Wouldn't really recommend them to anybody other than for the fact that all the other banks in Sweden seem equally bad. But at least there's no fee for currency conversion, which is good since I buy a lot on Steam, GOG and Amazon (though I think Amazon does currency conversion on their own which they charge for).

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By spraynardtatum

Nice try @raven_sword but I'm not falling for the old "tell me where your money is on a public forum" trick. You'll have to try harder than that.

Superkenon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I hid my money at -52.195626, 70.753326.

Just try to find it. I dare you.

myke_tuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#49  Edited By myke_tuna

@neonie said:

USAA

And Navy Federal Credit Union. Split my money between the two because it seemed like a good idea.

monetarydread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By monetarydread

@xyzygy said:

I am currently using the Royal Bank of Canada for my Canadian funds and Volksbank for my German funds, but I am thinking about switching to the credit union when I get back to Canada.

Whats so important about changing to a credit union in Canada? I can understand the issue in the US, but Canada has completely different banking laws. For example, banks are split up into seperate consumer and investment banks. It is illegal for the investment bank to touch anything you placed in your chequing account. This seperation, combined with GIC's (guaranteed investment certificate) is why Canadians did not have a bad time during the banking crisis in 08'.

Edit: I use CIBC, and I like it because I do not have to pay any fees for things like interac, overdraft, or private bank machines (I get $10 credit, every month, towards private bank machines).