Why are there no games about my experience in Iraq?

• 118 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

leebmx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#101  Edited By leebmx
@Loose said:

Brilliant......One of my heroes.....Would love to hear what he thought about Gulf War 2, especially started by George Bush 2......He'd probably keel over and laugh himself back to death...
Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#102  Edited By Claude

Good thing I didn't make this thread. My Navy shore leave consisted mostly of prostitutes. Navy Sex Simulator: Pay to Play.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#103  Edited By AhmadMetallic
@ShadowSkill11 said:

No Caption Provided
Get the fuck out of there please, you're trespassing and you don't belong. 
Thanks !
Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#105  Edited By Claude

@dudeglove said:

@Claude said:

Good thing I didn't make this thread. My Navy shore leave consisted mostly of prostitutes. Navy Sex Simulator: Pay to Play.

fuck me I haven't laughed that hard all day

In my game, the DLC is free. To remove it, well, that's a different game.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#106  Edited By FluxWaveZ

Because it'd be boring as fuck.

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#107  Edited By breadfan
@Claude

@dudeglove said:

@Claude said:

fuck me I haven't laughed that hard all day

In my game, the DLC is free. To remove it, well, that's a different game.

Claude, you are amazing.
---
The Giant Bomb community can really ruin almost anything with senseless bickering. Bravo.
Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#108  Edited By SethPhotopoulos
@FourWude said:

Proof if ever there was needed in this thread (there wasn't really, I'm being facetious) that crticising the US military is still completely out of bounds in the US.

As the nation goes to shit, people worship at the very thrones of those partaking in its downfall, whether they realise it or not....

That isn't proof for shit.  Your not criticizing the military.  Hell, I live in the US and most people I know criticize the war and the spending that goes into it.  What your doing is criticizing the soldiers for taking a break which they need or else the go crazy and/or exhausted.  They can't just fucking up and leave whenever they want.  You don't know a god damn thing and it just makes you look like a cunt.
lockwoodx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#109  Edited By lockwoodx

@EpicSteve said:

There are several images there that can be a banner for gay pride. I would rather be a soldier in WWII and sleep with a bunch of French ladies.

Army: Bringing you homoeratic fun since 1775

So disrespectful no wonder you're not an intern anymore.

Aronman789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#110  Edited By Aronman789

Wow, the people saying "if you don't like it, get out of the country" are fucking stupid. Did the thought that the government is pretty corrupt and that we should at least try to change it ever cross your minds? Or do you like having the giant cocks of corrupt government and corporations up your ass 24/7? 

On topic, the game would be possible, but it would have to be some sort of adventure game where you have to listen to specific signals and crack codes to try and uncover some legendary pool, which you than have a party in.

Avatar image for origina1penguin
Origina1Penguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#111  Edited By Origina1Penguin

How this thread is still open is beyond me. It had no discussion from the creator to begin with so it turned into... this.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc8838532af0
deactivated-5cc8838532af0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

We should make a pool basketball game!

Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By Azteck
@TooWalrus said:

God damn soldiers and their... stupid muscles and sunglasses and guns...

I don't know why you'd have to go to Iraq for that. I've got all that in my back yard.

Aww yeah, son
dungbootle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By dungbootle

I like this.

Avatar image for deactivated-6058f06e73ee8
deactivated-6058f06e73ee8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Mario Sausage Party.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fb7c57ae2335
deactivated-5fb7c57ae2335

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@FourWude said:

@Turambar said:
@FourWude said:
@Axxol said:

@FourWude said:

Taxpayer money being put to fantastic use.
Yeah, how dare soldiers have fun on their off time. Especially when they're deployed in a shit hole like Iraq for a year.

Have fun on their own time with their own money. I'm not against that. They get paid a salary, use it.

Iraq was never meant to be a vacation anyway. Don't like it, leave the country.

You usually say things I disagree with, but still have merit and thought to them. That was just fucking retarded.

What I'm saying is, war spending is bloated in the US.

Don't complain about budget deficits and failing economies when you piss more money away in these wars on superfluous spending. War is hell, that's what it has always been. The soldiers who signed up should know this. It's not a vacation.

If this post sounds retarded, I'm glad to be one.

You are a piece of shit, the worst kind of fucking scumbag, an entitled scumbag. One day you'll have to atone for that ignorance. Fuck you and everything you stand for.

Also, I love how a mod fucking posted in this thread and it's still open.

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#117  Edited By NekuSakuraba

Nothing good can come from this thread. Maybe it's time for a lock?

Example1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By Example1013

@Chop said:

@McGhee_the_Insomniac: I kind of agree with this. I don't like the way that soldiers are automatically granted respect just because of their chosen career. Plus, being deployed in an unsanctioned war isn't exactly something one should wear so proudly.

Oh, you mean like the respect they're given by the people who stand outside of cemetaries during funerals with signs saying the soldiers deserved to die? Personally I'm willing to give the utmost respect to anyone willing to protect those people's freedoms, because I feel like punching every single one of them in the dick whenever I think about it, but I realize that if our government didn't respect their freedom of speech, they could arbitrarily take away mine, too.

Evidence that America isn't a total shithole and that the soldiers deserve your respect: how about the fact that they enlisted to protect your right to talk shit about them? Some of you should go to Washington DC and take a walk through all the monuments, especially the WWII monument. Look at the wall of stars. Know that every star represents 10,000 people. Know that there are thousands of stars. And know that every one of those thousands of people on those thousands of stars was willing to go halfway around the world to a place they'd only read about in books and willingly jump into a meat grinder just so you could sit here and proselytize over the internet.

I wish you people would show some goddamn respect for once in your lives to someone who's earned it. I really wish you people would show respect in general, but I know that's asking way too much of 90% of the Giant Bomb community.

Edit: and to make sure I'm clear: @FourWude:this is directed most importantly at you. What InfamousBIG said is honestly tame compared to what I feel like saying right now. Something along the lines of taking a short walk off a long cliff, but more creative and colorful. You're a stain, and you should be glad you live in a country where all you have to complain about is military spending, instead of the fact that someone in the government might take offense to your existence and decide to wipe you off the face of the earth.

ShadowSkill11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#119  Edited By ShadowSkill11

@Claude said:

Haha! Good God that was good. I just hope no one from my unit "payed to play" during the weekend my command sent everyone to Las Vegas.

valrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By valrog
@ajamafalous said:

@SSully said:

This thread is going amazingly. Anyone want to throw in the Michael Jackson gif where he is eating popcorn?

Damn, I'd totally have your back if I knew how the hell to get gifs working on here. Last time I tried (admittedly, years ago) it didn't work.

You have to do it via HTML (Hardcore stuff). But anyway, this thread...

I prefer this one, though... 
Sanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By Sanity

@valrog: Yea, that psych one is great!

trace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#123  Edited By trace

Save the popcorn. I think the vitriol and flaming that this thread's stirred up has gone on for long enough.

There might have once been a worthwhile discussion in this thread, but if so, it's long gone.