Will you see the Warcraft movie?

• 75 results
Chocobodude3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 18

Poll Will you see the Warcraft movie? (445 votes)

Yes 33%
No 48%
I don't know 19%
 • 
Avatar image for deactivated-5ba16609964d9
deactivated-5ba16609964d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 20

I feel like a dick by saying I'm probably never going to see this movie. Truth is I am not a fan of fantasy movies and video game movies have rightfully earned a reputation as being awful. While I liked Duncan Jones' Moon, loved Warcraft 3, and played my fair share of WOW, this just doesn't appeal to me in the slightest. While I tend to take movie reviews with a grain of salt, they have been universally negative which isn't helping. You also got to remember this movie has been in development hell for nearly a decade which is never a good thing. Hell at one point Sam Raimi was going to direct this and who knows how many different scripts and rewrites this film has gone through.

billmcneal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 6

I will not see the movie. Also I do not play the video game

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Somehow someday this movie will be in my brain.

Tom_omb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Yes. I still play WoW, I'm a fan of Duncan Jones and I have two friends who are also on board to see it. I'm not thrilled with the marketing and I am concerned about the reviews, but Jones seems passionate about the movie he made so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

I would like to see but really not to enjoy it but to understand how this film got made. At this point the movie industry is throwing Duncan Jones and ILM under the bus and Blizzard is taking no blame for how much creative control they had when they could have released this film 6 years ago when they announced of Sam Rami. Even now it turns out Sony bungled up Ratchet and Clank that Rainmaker is loosing money from that production, and Angry Birds isn't doing Minions level of success. And to make matters worse they released this as this season of Game of Thrones is about to wrap up...... No one learned anything after Final Fantasy Spirits Within and now we are witnessing another colossal train wreck.

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Nope. Next movie for me Independence Day: Resurgence

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Movie Bob did a break down of what he felt went wrong, he chalk ist up to the director being too much of a fan of the lore. Bob gets bit overly heated about somethings in movies, but he knows when a movie isn't doing its job at conveying a narrative visually.

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

Yes, but only because my friend is a big WoW fan and wants us to go see it for his birthday.

CheapPoison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I have as of now.
It wasn't as bad as the review made it out to be. I mean, it certainly is better then Batman V Superman. The review weren't wrong though, it is kind of a disappointing flick. It is fine, but underwhelming in quite a bit of places. I just couldn't care for any of the characters. Even when people were dying and they were laying it on thick, I couldn't care.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monkeyking1969: Bob says Watchmen is a masterpiece.

A story can be dumb and yet understandably well told. Watchman tells it story. It might not have been the story everyone wanted to be told with all the elements they wanted and none of the elements they didn't want, but it was coherent. So, many nerd movies are incoherent; they are not even stories with beginnings, middles and ends. Bob hates what he hates( boy does he hate director Kevin Smith) and likes what he likes; but he hardly even lets a movie get by with no story or a incoherent narrative. Telling a story well, and telling a good story are not always the same thing.

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Absolutely.

CheapPoison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fredchuckdave said:

@monkeyking1969: Bob says Watchmen is a masterpiece.

A story can be dumb and yet understandably well told. Watchman tells it story. It might not have been the story everyone wanted to be told with all the elements they wanted and none of the elements they didn't want, but it was coherent. So, many nerd movies are incoherent; they are not even stories with beginnings, middles and ends. Bob hates what he hates( boy does he hate director Kevin Smith) and likes what he likes; but he hardly even lets a movie get by with no story or a incoherent narrative. Telling a story well, and telling a good story are not always the same thing.

Watchmen really isn't that bad and I think even now it is still in the upper 50% of comicbook movies. As a movie it works way better than Warcraft.
I would even say the damning thing that Warcraft kind of pulls an Star Wars prequel. Some of the characters aren't anything more as 'silent brooding type' , 'bumbling idiot with a good heart'. It isn't as bad, but that characters just feel very empty.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Very much no. It's a perfect storm of disinterest for me: Fantasy genre, Warcraft (okay, I like a bit of Warcraft 2... zero fucks about the plot, though), video game adaptation that doesn't look bad enough to enjoy as a trainwreck or good enough to be a decent surprise.

Now, I'll make time for a Diablo movie if that ever happens. It would have to be self-aware enough to climax with Diablo exploding into piles of gold and color-coded weapons, however.

Avatar image for deactivated-63da6af5022c5
deactivated-63da6af5022c5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I did, it was actually pretty good. Might be a tad hard to follow for someone with no previous knowledge

spiceninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

I saw it last night and as a WoW fan I enjoyed it. The Orc stuff was great, the CGI was great, their story was compelling and...great. The human stuff was horrible though. It's ironic that the most human characters were the Orcs.

Avatar image for deactivated-645bae7e4c4bc
deactivated-645bae7e4c4bc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Only played Warcraft 3 and that was the best part of ten years ago. Saw the negative reviews but was pleasantly surprised by the film. It's a good high fantasy romp, however if you know nothing about the lore of Warcraft you will have no idea whats going on.

HellBrendy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By HellBrendy

Saw it yesterday and.. well... it's a movie.

flatblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Saw it last night. Not good!

Sarnecki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's much much better than critics are giving it credit for.

donchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Saw it today! I can't say it's a good movie but I kinda liked it? If this were Screened I'd almost call it 'half good'. I've never seen a movie so willing to dance around its own plot points by assuming people know what's missing. And this is a movie based on a franchise with a fully realized world that does a real poor job at making that world come alive on screen. Someone not into Warcraft would probably come away totally confused and baffled but still...I can see that as a MOVIE it's pretty...not great. But I was entertained? It was fantasy schlock and the orcs looked great as did the weight behind their weapons. It should've been a longer movie but I mean...I'll see a sequel.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It sounds like I'm probably going to like this movie just because I like Warcraft 1, but here's another typical response:

Loading Video...

petethepanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I appreciate their willingness to stick to the source material and make the Horde 1000x more interesting than the Alliance, but they may want to scale it back for the sequel. ( /s )

This was an absolute trainwreck, but one I'm shockingly enthusiastic about.

Avatar image for deactivated-60dda8699e35a
deactivated-60dda8699e35a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I played WoW for about 7 years, and prior to that I played the shit out of Warcraft 2 and 3. I spent hours reading up on the lore (The lore prior to Cataclysm, I'm not caught up with the newer expansions), and while a lot of it is pretty fuzzy now, I still remember all of the major parts of the lore and I could spend hours talking about it. I haven't been into Warcraft for roughly five years now, but considering how much of a mega-fan I was back in the early to mid 2000s, I'm going to see this movie, I don't care if a lot of people are saying it's awful.

FOR THE ALLIANCE!!!!!!!! Or... Stormwind I guess, since this takes place during the first war and all. I wonder how faithfully it follows the story. I hope I see Medivh and Khadgar in it at least.

moregrammarplz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By moregrammarplz

I thought it was pretty alright. It ticked all the boxes that I wanted a movie about the First War to cover. No one's ever going to call this a classic in the vein of Lord of the Rings, but I enjoyed it a lot more than any other recent fantasy films like the Hobbit trilogy and all those Pirates of the Caribbean sequels.

The first half-hour or so is pretty rough, though. Everything feels very rushed and disconnected. Things coalesce after a while and you start to care about what's going on, but they could have done a much better job with the pacing early on in the movie.

CheapPoison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@petethepanda: I feel they should of just focussed on the horde more. The horde has always been cooler, and in this it was amplified.
Such a bummer cause there are good things in there.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Saw it last night. Had I not been in a group I probably would have walked out. It's not even enjoyably bad. It's just bad.