• 133 results
fobwashed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 16

Edited By fobwashed

I was made aware by Diet Coke addict John Drake a few weeks prior to PAX that they were planning on doing a Gamebomb related prank at the Giant Bomb panel and maybe I could help out. That sounded like amazing fun so I whipped up this thing.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

I sent the image to one Dave "Langzone" Lang and got this reply. It's in reverse order because that's how twitter DMs work. So, with literally less than two weeks left till PAX, Dave Lang decided to use an image to rush order shirts for his prank at the GB panel. Because he's THAT fucking crazy/awesome.

No Caption Provided

This is the first mock up we got from the printers. The shirts were designed to be placed on a red shirt because I think that's how communist Russia works but the printers informed us later on that they couldn't put it on RED because the colors weren't going into the fabric correctly. They were using a water based screening process rather than a plastic one and there's a whole nother story about the difference between the two. In any case, they ended up being printed on black for use at the panel. And boy... were they ever fucking used at that panel!

No Caption Provided

The shirts literally arrived the afternoon of the panel. The printing was cut THAT close >,< Lang used the site RealThread.com and they're located all the way across the country in freaking Florida. So. He rush ordered 100 shirts and had them express shipped all the way to Seattle... for a joke at a panel that's not even related to Iron Galaxy. He is THAT committed to putting on amazing jokes. The man is a fucking legend. Oh... and not to mention all the other madness those guys put together for this joke panel involving 1 good Russian accent, and about 4 bad ones from John Drake alone =P

So yea, he had a 100 shirts printed but you only see like 7 or so being worn... what happened to the rest? He just threw them into the audience =D

No Caption Provided

I've been to a few panels with shirts being handed out, but I've never seen people be this enthusiastic about free shirts. Of course, they were being handed out after an insane prank and also being distributed by a fucking bear but still, people looked hype to get these shirts =]

No Caption Provided

They are in three styles of shirt and in their original red glory =]

Yet another reason why PAX was super crazy cool this year~! I was bummed out that this panel wasn't being streamed live. I feel like the community reaction to the entire thing would've been absolutely nuts. Hopefully East... GLHF <>

ICF_19XX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

WOW WOW WOW WOW! WOW STEVE!

Nux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

Damn this looks awesome! Awesome Job duder. Grabbing mine now.

fobwashed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nicholas said:

WOW WOW WOW WOW! WOW STEVE!

=] =] =] =] =] =] Nicholas!

@nux said:

Damn this looks awesome! Awesome Job duder. Grabbing mine now.

Thanks~~! =P

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

Very humourous! Well done!

BoZZ0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

Well i will definitely buy one.. looks really good !

villainy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Yep ordered. This is awesome! I like the idea that some extra lucky panel attendees get the black version even if it's not the "correct" color. I still like having my magenta-haired blockhead Gary Whitta shirt.

fobwashed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flstyle said:

Very humourous! Well done!

tyty~

@bozz0 said:

Well i will definitely buy one.. looks really good !

-_______-

@villainy said:

Yep ordered. This is awesome! I like the idea that some extra lucky panel attendees get the black version even if it's not the "correct" color. I still like having my magenta-haired blockhead Gary Whitta shirt.

Ha! Yea. I sorta like the idea of limited run shirts. Tho in a way, these will be a limited run as well since I prob won't put it up again after this sale =]

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Corevi

I would buy it if I could get the colour of the women's shirt on a men's. I'm particularly particular when it comes to things I put on my body.

Biddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

fobwashed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would buy it if I could get the colour of the women's shirt on a men's.

Yea, I do really like that Women's color too. The colors are the closest ones I could find to each other in the selections available on that site >,<

Dogma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This looks nothing but amazing! I love the color of the shirt to boot! I will snag me one of these even if the shipping to Sweden adds a hefty cost. It is actually THAT cool. Excelent, EXCELENT work @fobwashed .I am so sold.

fobwashed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By fobwashed

@dogma said:

This looks nothing but amazing! I love the color of the shirt to boot! I will snag me one of these even if the shipping to Sweden adds a hefty cost. It is actually THAT cool. Excelent, EXCELENT work @fobwashed .I am so sold.

Fuuuuuck~! Thanks duder! =D I didn't even know they shipped out of country!

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fuck you I bought one for $31.50.

Are American Apparel mediums anything like Giant Bomb store mediums?

BoZZ0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dogma said:

Yeah i just ordered one and i'm in sweden the shipping was 12,50 dollars.. but fuckit this shirt was so awesome!

fobwashed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fuck you I bought one for $31.50.

Are American Apparel mediums anything like Giant Bomb store mediums?

Honestly don't know. If the GB shirts use American Apparel, then yes. If not... I imagine it'd be close? Also, thanks! So I guess shipping is like... freaking $13 or something =\

fobwashed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bozz0 said:
@dogma said:

Yeah i just ordered one and i'm in sweden the shipping was 12,50 dollars.. but fuckit this shirt was so awesome!

YEEEEESH!!! And thanks again >,< I'd use a service with cheaper shipping if I knew of one that existed. Literally TeeSpring is the only site I know that'll print AND ship. And as much as I love doing this stuff, there's no way I'd want to deal with shipping all these on my own. I barely even want to carry them to PAX =P

Dogma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Dogma

Just to be perfectly clear @fobwashed and add some weight to that statement. I have never bought a Giant Bomb T-shirt (because either I haven't dug the design or I was broke and then they were out of print) during my 6-7 years at Giant Bomb BUT you managed to get me sold on a goddamn Game Bomb.RU shirt! That is kind of amazing. I have loved your sense of design and style since the awesome Giant Bomb wallpaper you did in 2012.

I gladly support good design and art. Great work duder.

splodge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The best thing about this? This is plagiarism-inception. Brilliant.

Hopefully these are still available next week wen I have moolahs.

fobwashed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dogma said:

Just to be perfectly clear @fobwashed and add some weight to that statement. I have never bought a Giant Bomb T-shirt (because either I haven't dug the design or I was broke and then they were out of print) during my 6-7 years at Giant Bomb BUT you managed to get me sold on a goddamn Game Bomb.RU shirt! That is kind of amazing. I have loved your sense of design and style since the awesome Giant Bomb wallpaper you did in 2012.

I gladly support good design and art. Great work duder.

Fuck man. Thanks a bunch! Also, I find it somewhat super funny that the first Giant Bomb related shirt you're buying isn't even really Giant Bomb but Game Bomb =D That's like, suuuuper stupid! I really appreciate it! And now, I REALLY fucking hope everything good I've heard about TeeSpring is true and the shirts come out perfectly >,<

fobwashed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@splodge said:

Yea.... The shirts I made for PAX East and Prime were also pretty plagerific. Both towards Giant Bomb and individually towards Papers, Please and PAX itself. That coupled with not wanting to piss off Giant Bomb was why I made those on location pickup only. I also cleared it with staff to make sure they were cool with it of course! This thing tho. GameBomb is such a goddamn rip off of Giant Bomb I feel zero remorse selling this thing online to anyone that wants one =P

barfqueen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

THAT IS AMAZING. If I hadn't already coughed up all my money on the GiantBomb shirt sale I would be proud to represent your GameBomb design, comrade.

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

NeoGAF knows about this.

splodge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@splodge said:

Yea.... The shirts I made for PAX East and Prime were also pretty plagerific. Both towards Giant Bomb and individually towards Papers, Please and PAX itself. That coupled with not wanting to piss off Giant Bomb was why I made those on location pickup only. I also cleared it with staff to make sure they were cool with it of course! This thing tho. GameBomb is such a goddamn rip off of Giant Bomb I feel zero remorse selling this thing online to anyone that wants one =P

Heh exactly ;) That's why I love it so much. Brilliant idea. When watching the panel, I just kept imagining Jeff's Russian counterpart watching it thinking "What the hell is going on. I don't understand."

Hats off to you good man.

fobwashed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@splodge said:

@fobwashed said:

@splodge said:

Heh exactly ;) That's why I love it so much. Brilliant idea. When watching the panel, I just kept imagining Jeff's Russian counterpart watching it thinking "What the hell is going on. I don't understand."

Hats off to you good man.

In a perfect world, the actual gamebomb.ru site would open a store and sell a bootleg copy of my design. I wouldn't even be angry. It'd just be perfect.

Monkeyman04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

T_T DAMNIT! I shouldn't have looked at this before watching the whole video of the PAX panel. Maybe add spoilers to the title?

Anyways, nicely done! I wish I could have gotten one of those.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

T_T DAMNIT! I shouldn't have looked at this before watching the whole video of the PAX panel. Maybe add spoilers to the title?

Agreed, this.

Also, isn't this like, copyright infringement? I mean, I know GameBomb.ru is borderline infringing on GiantBomb anyway, but as far as I'm aware they're pretty huge in Russia and might not appreciate off brand merch.

That said, the shirts are sweet as fuck.

fobwashed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By fobwashed

@monkeyman04 said:

Sorry >,< I've been sitting on this since before PAX and refrained from putting it up till after the panel went up on the site! I seriously considered putting the entire thing in a spoiler block but couldn't figure out if that'd break stuff. Also, you CAN get one! Which is the whole point of this post =]

@bollard said:

@monkeyman04 said:

Agreed, this.

Also, isn't this like, copyright infringement? I mean, I know GameBomb.ru is borderline infringing on GiantBomb anyway, but as far as I'm aware they're pretty huge in Russia and might not appreciate off brand merch.

That said, the shirts are sweet as fuck.

Again, sorry! I'm unsure how copyright laws work in Russia. Or if they even have them at all considering how I hear they operate. I can talk like this because according to the Duder Geolocation Project, there are like, close to zero duders over there. In any case, iono. If they come after me or the shirt, then they come after me and the shirt. Worst case scenario, the thing gets shut down and nobody pays for anything or gets any shirts. *shrug* I've always thought their site was super dumb for straight ripping off Giant Bomb so I don't give a fuuuuuuuuuuu~!

ADDED some amount of spoiler warning...

Monkeyman04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fobwashed: Yeah, I guess it's partly my fault for clicking on this thread. I should have been aware that there might be some spoilers. And I meant I wish I had the money to get one.

OldGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fobwashed: Well, the nut was made in about 2 hours. Not bad. :-)

I now just have to wait 7 to 14 days for my sweet red menace (really, I wish more shirts were some other color than black or white).

Awesome duder!

fobwashed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oldguy said:

@fobwashed: Well, the nut was made in about 2 hours. Not bad. :-)

I now just have to wait 7 to 14 days for my sweet red menace (really, I wish more shirts were some other color than black or white).

Awesome duder!

The Prime shirts I made I let everyone choose their own colors. That actually made sorting and delivering them a hot mess... I'll prob stick to one color if I ever do another PAX shirt =P

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In Soviet Russia, shirt makes you.

fobwashed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dalai said:

In Soviet Russia, shirt makes you.

I wish I could print this onto the back label of Levi's Jeans

NathHaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#33  Edited By NathHaw

I didn't get one of the free ones at the show although one of the Disney Infinity figures basically would have landed in my lap. I let the guy next to me get it, because I was not going to stop capturing video. ...so what I'm saying is that I just bought the shirt. :)

fobwashed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nathhaw said:

I didn't get one of the free ones at the show although one of the Disney Infinity figures basically would have landed in my lap. I let the guy next to me get it, because I was not going to stop capturing video. ...so what I'm saying is that I just bought the shirt. :)

What I'm sayin is THANKS! =D Also, score on that Disney Infinity figure! =D

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#36  Edited By cornbredx

That's amazing duder.

And thank you for the spoiler warning, I almost read this before I got to that part in the panel archive. Such a good reveal. At first I thought they actually got the gamebomb.ru guys for that joke, and I was like "no way" but then it was cooler than that.

I'll probably get one of these.

Edit: There I got one, Yay!

Avatar image for deactivated-64bc6edfbd9ee
deactivated-64bc6edfbd9ee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You got me to buy one, ya butt!

slowbird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#39  Edited By slowbird

Thanks to the magic of internet cookie-driven user-focused ad placement, I present you...this:

No Caption Provided

bboymaestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Was I wrong, or did I see a longsleeve crewneck sweater? Are crewnecks available?

benjo_t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shipping is really steep to the UK on this site, so it's gonna take a few days to convince myself to get this shirt. But I really want to buy this shirt.

fobwashed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By fobwashed

@eunao2 said:

Well done! Just bought one.

Thank you! =D

That's amazing duder.

And thank you for the spoiler warning, I almost read this before I got to that part in the panel archive. Such a good reveal. At first I thought they actually got the gamebomb.ru guys for that joke, and I was like "no way" but then it was cooler than that.

I'll probably get one of these.

Edit: There I got one, Yay!

Yea, I shoulda put up that spoiler warning to start >,< And Thanks!

WOW WOW WOW I AM BUYING ONE!

Edit: Aaaaaand bought!

>,< !!!!

You got me to buy one, ya butt!

I'll be a butt! That's cool with me! YAY!

@slowbird said:

Thanks to the magic of internet cookie-driven user-focused ad placement, I present you...this:

No Caption Provided

This is perfect =P

Was I wrong, or did I see a longsleeve crewneck sweater? Are crewnecks available?

I did not set up crewnecks... I'm new to TeeSpring. Do ppl want crewnecks? =P

@benjo_t said:

Shipping is really steep to the UK on this site, so it's gonna take a few days to convince myself to get this shirt. But I really want to buy this shirt.

Hey duder, I'm just happy you like how it looks. I've heard shipping to other countries is running upwards half the cost of the shirt itself. If anyone knows any way I can set up a tshirt thing in a different country, lemme know and I'll try to set it up to reduce shipping costs =[

Strife777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@slowbird said:

No Caption Provided

Is that what meta is?

Avatar image for guerrilla_mason
guerrilla_mason

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Just bought mine. Awesome shirt!

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What's the difference between the 2 Men's styles?

tastiestjamb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd buy one, but I caught one at the panel. Saw your name on it right after I snagged it. Great work man!

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

Holy shit, I hope these are still available in October when I have some cash.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jjor64 said:

What's the difference between the 2 Men's styles?

Different colour and different shape/size.

laika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slowbird said:

No Caption Provided

This is the best thing I have ever seen.

Slow_pC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Great work on this !