Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

BrotherBran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Hm curious why they are going for here, looks like they are evoking a lot of adventure game stuff and a weird competitive mode.

either way I'm looking forward to seeing more from supergiant

falconer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

Oh cool, shafting Xbox players again I see.

hankrazorbeard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks pretty cool! Was expecting to hear Logan Cunningham's voice in the 8-10 seconds of fadeout, but I'm sure we'll get there eventually.

Seems like they're going for something very different than Bastion and Transistor, in how the game and story are presented/played/told. It's quite hard to tell how the game actually is played from this trailer.

LVL3Bard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Been waiting for this. Love Supergiant, can't wait to play this game.

TheBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By TheBlue

Loved Bastion and adored Transistor, incredibly excited for them to finally announce what they had been up to.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

Oh my word it's beautiful.

Zirilius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Really think i should go give Transistor another shot as I couldn't bring myself to finish it.

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 11

Some hot animation going on there. Excited to check it out.

WesternWizard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No xbone OR PC? Boooooo :(

nickhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

Not sure what to make of the teaser other than it looks nicely animated. I loved Bastion and Transistor so I have high hopes for it regardless.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

While I may not always be into the gameplay, Supergiant's art style is just superb.

Hadoken101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Hadoken101

Well, Supergiant's 2/2 so far with me so I've got no reason to be skeptical of this one. My favourite part of Transistor and Bastion were the soundtracks though, so I'm excited to hear more of Pyre's.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

Yay another really amazing looking Supergiant game that I probably won't enjoy playing but will buy anyways because SO PRETTY.

@falconer: Yeah, Microsoft needs to stop shafting their players and start putting up some money.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15  Edited By BabyChooChoo

Supergiant is making a new game, you say? Don't need a trailer. Don't need screenshots. Just let me know when I can give them money. They've already made two of my favorite games of all time.

INCSlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@westernwizard:

from their website:

Platforms and Availability: Pyre will be available in 2017. Like Transistor, it will launch simultaneously on Steam and the PlayStation 4.

Heycalvero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zirilius said:

Really think i should go give Transistor another shot as I couldn't bring myself to finish it.

Man, me too.

Love the way this looks, here's hoping the gameplay is as tight as it was on Bastion.

fossas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh man, can't wait!!

pompouspizza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Absolutely adore Bastion and Transistor. Can't wait to play this!

mellotronrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

that's a sharp art style! some of the more panoramic shots reminded me of The Banner Saga.

really looking forward to learning more!

clagnaught

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

Whoa.

WesternWizard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heycalvero: Oh good. The video only said PS4. Now I'm happy again. GIMME GIMME

elyhaym

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Love the artstyle and what little you can gauge of the theme of the game! Loved Bastion and kinda need to sit down and spend some proper time on Transistor, so looking forward to this!

falconer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yay another really amazing looking Supergiant game that I probably won't enjoy playing but will buy anyways because SO PRETTY.

@falconer: Yeah, Microsoft needs to stop shafting their players and start putting up some money.

It's not PS4 exclusive. Supergiant have never given a reason why Transistor STILL isn't on Xbox. I'm only left to assume they have some sort of personal beef with Microsoft, and that's fucking shitty.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

Yah I don't know. The animation part looks really great, the snippets of gameplay did not. They are a studio with great ideas but maybe not the technical know-how or staffing to bring them completely to life. Bastion was cute and fun with how they handled it. Transistor already felt a little limited in terms of gameplay, and this from the few glimpses of combat does not look a whole lot better. Hopefully they will prove me wrong but Transistor left me completely indifferent despite some wonderful art assets.

Avatar image for rhombus_of_terror
Rhombus_Of_Terror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@zirilius said:

Same here. I should replay Bastion again too.

Atwa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Their artists are really amazing, I kinda bounced off Transistor, and not sure why. Going to go back to it.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#28  Edited By mike

@humanity: Not specifically related to only Transistor, but at this point I don't think anyone is surprised when they see you commenting that you don't like something.

onarum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks kinda meh, also don't much care for the music, sounds like a shitty band for angsty tweens.

sweetz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Transistor unfortunately dulled my enthusiasm for their games as well. I got myself super-hyped for it based on the trailer and the final product just did not gel with me at all - seems like I'm not alone on that.

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 bigsocrates  Online

@humanity: Man, I do not agree at all. I think Transistor had amazing gameplay. Yes towards the end there were combos that were overpowered, but there were so many amazing ways you could combine powers and different strategies you could take in that game. And it's unlike any other game that came before or since, though of course there were clear inspirations like Parasite Eve.

I will buy anything Supergiant puts out. The art and music alone makes it worth it. In a world where so many games fall into clear established aesthetic tropes they make singular experiences.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By ripelivejam

HYPE

E: combat looks heroes of might and magic -ish if im seeing it right.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

@falconer: If you don't know why there's this imagined beef then you don't know if it's shitty or not.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@mike said:

@humanity: Not specifically related to only Transistor, but at this point I don't think anyone is surprised when they see you commenting that you don't like something.

Call me the Jeff Gerstmann of the comments section!

But if it makes you feel any better here are some games that came out recently which I liked, and some games that I'm looking forward to!

Hyper Light Drifter I wrote many times is a great game, check it out!

Hitman - solid first episode, a ton of choices and a lot of signature Hitman "humor" if you will

The Division I thought was a lot of fun from beginning to end

As for May I am excited about:

Doom

Uncharted 4

Overwatch

In the far off horizon I am really looking forward to the new Deus Ex game which I hope to play on PC!

So as you can see, despite appearances I do actually like a whole bunch of stuff! Kind of weird of you to single me out like this, I mean c'mon Mike if I had a dollar for every time I saw you post about how you don't own any consoles I could retire early!

Mysterious0Bob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hoping this is more Bastion than Transistor. I loved the absolute hell out of Bastion but Transistor felt kind of directionless with its gameplay design. I appreciated them trying something new but it simply didn't click with me. Bastion was a flat-out amazing action game though.

falconer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@falconer: If you don't know why there's this imagined beef then you don't know if it's shitty or not.

Supergiant doesn't put their games out on Xbox anymore, a platform that they formed their fanbase on and found success on. There has been no explanation as to why. That's the definition of a shit situation.

Niceanims

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Once again, Supergiant pulls off a killer look. This time with rock-solid animation to boot.

matmaelstrom11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By matmaelstrom11

They always have such good music in their games. The games are always good, but the sountracks are great.

hmoney001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All aboard the hype train for Pyre.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Definitely excited about this! I ended up not really liking Transistor, but I loved Bastion. And a good art style goes a long way for me. Just tell me when it's out and I'll send them som cold hard cash.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

Looks cool, and different.

emfromthesea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sounds like Logan Cunningham is also involved, which has me super excited. His voice work in Bastion and Transistor was excellent.

Dixavd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

They're games always seem slick artistically (and have some of the best music of the year) but they've yet to make a game which I've cared enough about to finish. Maybe I will go back and complete Bastion or Transistor one day though. This seems potentially interesting, but I'm not so sure I'm inspired enough by it to remember it in a few weeks time (will just have to wait to see if more details intrigue me).

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I guess this is a special interest case, and it may just be me not seeing them, but it doean't seem like giant bomb posts that many trailers any more. Though i guess it was alex posting them all iirc and he's probably a bit busier nowadays.

Hope they can get greg on in some form soon.

ThePanzini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@falconer said:
@starvinggamer said:

Supergiant doesn't put their games out on Xbox anymore, a platform that they formed their fanbase on and found success on. There has been no explanation as to why. That's the definition of a shit situation.

Supergiant Games quote from the Bastion PS4/Vita announcement.

Q: Does this mean/Is there any chance Bastion and/or Transistor will be coming to/will never come to insert_platform_here?

We often get various permutations of this question, and our answer is always the same: We have no plans for other versions of the game at this time, though we haven't ruled anything out for the future. The best way to keep up with the latest news about our studio is to follow @SupergiantGames on Twitter.

Today's announcement of Bastion for the PS4 and Vita is a good example of what we mean by "haven't ruled anything out for the future", as we wouldn't have considered something like this if not for Transistor's success on the PS4 following its launch in May of this year. For better or worse, bringing a game to a new platform tends to be challenging and costly, especially when you factor in what else you could have done in the same amount of time. So, we need to weigh these choices very carefully, especially since we're a small team. That said, we do appreciate hearing from folks who'd like to see our games on other platforms, and surely Bastion wouldn't have come to as many different platforms otherwise.

falconer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thepanzini: The real answer: I just found out via someone on twitter that Supergiant uses a forked version of XNA to develop their games. Up until very recently the Xbox One didn't support MonoGame (open source XNA), and still doesn't support XNA itself.

I don't know why they couldn't just say that instead of some song and dance, but there it is.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They have really, really good artists.

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I loved Bastion, I loved Transistor even more, let's make it a trend.

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I am in for whatever they do.

I adored Bastion. I wasn't hot on Transistor at first, I found the story telling to be underwhelming, but I ended up liking it more then Bastion. I rarely replay games anymore, but both Bastion and Transistor have had multiple replays from me.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

@humanity said:
@mike said:

Call me the Jeff Gerstmann of the comments section!

But if it makes you feel any better here are some games that came out recently which I liked, and some games that I'm looking forward to!

Hyper Light Drifter I wrote many times is a great game, check it out!

Hitman - solid first episode, a ton of choices and a lot of signature Hitman "humor" if you will

The Division I thought was a lot of fun from beginning to end

As for May I am excited about:

Doom

Uncharted 4

Overwatch

In the far off horizon I am really looking forward to the new Deus Ex game which I hope to play on PC!

So as you can see, despite appearances I do actually like a whole bunch of stuff! Kind of weird of you to single me out like this, I mean c'mon Mike if I had a dollar for every time I saw you post about how you don't own any consoles I could retire early!

Haha

Like @falconer, I wish this was coming to Xbox. I guess I'll just check out the PC version.