Patch 1.07 notes.

• 192 results
Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

Noticed a post processing option on the PS4 in the options. You can turn off motion blur and depth of field I believe. Not sure if that was there before the patch.

Venatio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

Still nothing. Awesome. Maybe tommorow

koolaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Am I the only one who doesn't have a problem with the controls? Every time it comes up on the bombcast they make it sound like the game is unplayable and I honestly don't know what they are talking about.

rethla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@koolaid said:

Am I the only one who doesn't have a problem with the controls? Every time it comes up on the bombcast they make it sound like the game is unplayable and I honestly don't know what they are talking about.

You are not alone and neither are the bombcast. CDPRs design philosophy with looks and feel before gameplay doesnt suit everyone. Especially not those that think the soulsgames are the best action games ever made.

Venatio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koolaid: nope, I don't understand all the complaints either

Dave_Tacitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#156  Edited By Dave_Tacitus

Played around a little with 1.07 and noticed an immediate improvement in performance. Now getting 95fps in towns (1080p) with everything on Ultra and Hairworks on everyone. With that setting previously I was getting 70.

EDIT - Dropping to around 70 in Novigrad but I'm more than happy with that.

Hairworks now has a lot more options, similar to the Hunter's Config mod.

Avatar image for rollingzeppelin
rollingzeppelin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm finally able to download it! My videocard has been really crashy lately, hoping this improves things.

qrdl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158  Edited By qrdl
@koolaid said:

Hell no! The "What the hell are you talking about"/ "Calm down, aren't you a bit exaggerating" camp is younger than the "It controls like shiiiiit!" by an hour or so.

My personal camp's motto is: "Yes, I can see that it's hard to walk without going into full run on a pad, but it would be insane to let this keep you from playing a great game. Anyway, how did you manage to survive in this industry without developing an ability to instantly adjust to new controls with almost every game?"

Catchy

OMGFather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By OMGFather

@claude said:

Noticed a post processing option on the PS4 in the options. You can turn off motion blur and depth of field I believe. Not sure if that was there before the patch.

That is great. The motion blur makes me feel uneasy after a while.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160  Edited By ArtisanBreads

@koolaid said:

I've liked them since the start. They feel like Rockstar's recent games.

balrogsbain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

some people seem to have the patch is it a staggered release by country? I'm on the PS4 in the UK

Carryboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

The new control mode feels exactly the same as before, so I assume this was just a problem with controllers? Also yeah it changes all your graphics settings and I got worried thinking they had added in some weird mouse acceleration but no it was just Vsync back on.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d61ff6f14b61
deactivated-5d61ff6f14b61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@alexw00d said:

The new control mode feels exactly the same as before, so I assume this was just a problem with controllers?

No. With "Standard" movement on, if you stop moving Geralt (hand off the stick), he'll keep moving for a second. The new movement mode stops him immediately. The original one is frankly more realistic...but fuck it, there are griffins so realism doesn't matter.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d61ff6f14b61
deactivated-5d61ff6f14b61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@claude: The "Blur" toggle isn't related to DoF. It's more like a soft Gaussian blur that, in the PC version at least, is intended to smooth jaggies.

m16mojo2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167  Edited By m16mojo2

Why did they take out gamma level slider?

EDIT: Requires "full screen" mode.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tried the patch real quick, ended up breaking my DS4 setup completely on PC. Messed around and got it working again but had to reconfigure some buttons and set it to D-input (windows ten doesn't like exclusive mode yet). Didn't notice any improvement in performance, but the new hairworks settings gave me closer to 60fps with my gtx980, got about 50-54 before but i don't like the low quality setting too much.

Joshakazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tried the patch real quick, ended up breaking my DS4 setup completely on PC. Messed around and got it working again but had to reconfigure some buttons and set it to D-input (windows ten doesn't like exclusive mode yet). Didn't notice any improvement in performance, but the new hairworks settings gave me closer to 60fps with my gtx980, got about 50-54 before but i don't like the low quality setting too much.

What settings are you on ? Because with Hairworks off I can't hit a smooth 60 on my 980ti.

Venatio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've got nothing. Guess I'm not playing Witcher this weekend

rethla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

some people seem to have the patch is it a staggered release by country? I'm on the PS4 in the UK

Its not a staggered release everyone is supposed to have it by now but their has been some problems for them with the EU PS4 patch.

We are also investigating with Sony why some European countries can't download the update yet.

Dave_Tacitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lilman1101: What resolution are you playing at? I've never seen it drop below 60 at 1080p on my 908ti with everything at max except the Hairworks AA, which is at 4. When there aren't many NPCs I'm in the 80-100 range.

kmfrob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173  Edited By kmfrob

Digital Foundry

It's funny, I never noticed these dips playing it yesterday, but some people seemed suitably outraged...

Joshakazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By Joshakazam

@dave_tacitus said:

@lilman1101: What resolution are you playing at? I've never seen it drop below 60 at 1080p on my 908ti with everything at max except the Hairworks AA, which is at 4. When there aren't many NPCs I'm in the 80-100 range.

I'm on 1080p, I think I'd have a similar framerate, but my GPU refuses to go above 75% usage when playing the game.

EDIT: after stalking through GPU-Z I found I'm being capped by VRel - and down the PC rabbit hole I go.

Dave_Tacitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175  Edited By Dave_Tacitus

@lilman1101: Quite possible. My GPU's constantly running at over 90% playing the game. It's the MSI Gaming 980ti.

EDIT - This is what I'm getting with my card:

No Caption Provided

Giving me VRel as well but 99% load and no performance problems.

Venatio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So why don't I have this yet? PS4 in Sweden btw

OMGFather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177  Edited By OMGFather

@kmfrob said:

Digital Foundry

It's funny, I never noticed these dips playing it yesterday, but some people seemed suitably outraged...

If it can't maintain a steady 30fps then it's always worrying. I wouldn't be happy with 20fps.

kmfrob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@omgfather:

Yeah I appreciate that it's not great, but other than the most jarring hiccups I barely even notice it when I'm playing. I guess it would bother me more if my experience with the game was being affected by it, but if it only happens while walking around Novigrad then I can deal with it.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oursin_360 said:

What settings are you on ? Because with Hairworks off I can't hit a smooth 60 on my 980ti.

Ultra, this is at 1080p though and this is closer to 60fps, it's more like 55-60fps. Hair works on high i was getting 50-55 in novigrad, probably drop to the upper 40's in other areas but i haven't tested. As long as the fps drops are smooth anything between 50 and 60fps are barely noticeable to me without the fps counter.

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

Although I didn't have much of a problem with the movement before this patch, I will say that the alternative movement style does feel better. I haven't played this game since Batman came out and I'm glad to jump back in with this patch.

gaminghooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

Does anyone on the ps4 notice a slight lag between selecting a conversation choice and Geralt actually saying it? It's not terrible, maybe I'm just noticing it now and it's been there the whole time.

Also I have to say that the load times feel shorter in 1.07 as well as the framerate being steadier (other than in Novigrad/swamps). The inventory improvements are a game changer. The movement never bothered me, I like that Rockstar feel it has, but I played around with the new movement and there is a big difference. Excited to start my Blood and Broken Bones playthrough!

overnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm torn on the new movement. I like that Geralt stops a little faster but I also notice that the character model moves forward very quickly (kind of like a teleport or stutter) before the movement animations kick in. This also happened in the default movement but it was way smaller of a jump forward and I honestly didn't even notice it until I started comparing the two styles.

BasketSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm running 140 on the core, 400 on the mem clock, no voltage increase on my MSI 970 and the game hasn't crashed in the two days I've played on 1.07. Borderless fullscreen with afterburner 60fps cap. I can't belive it's not crashed yet but we'll see once I mess around long enough in Novigrad. (Played with uncapped fps one day to stress the GPU, no crash.) It's like something's wrong now because it's WORKING.

GaspoweR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184  Edited By GaspoweR

Well, they still haven't fixed that bug that causes Sven to keep reviving if you decide to save the Elder at the end of "In the Heart of the Woods" secondary quest.

All in all, enjoying the changes they with the patch including the alternate movement option.

korwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The DLC hunt Skelliges Most Wanted is now broken, the boss can't be killed and just gets stuck in a death animation.

Toxin066

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#186  Edited By Toxin066

I've noticed a number of achievements are busted, specifically Card Collector and the one for finishing all of the brawls.

qrdl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@toxin066 said:

I've noticed a number of achievements are busted, specifically Card Collector and the one for finishing all of the brawls.

GOG or Steam? I got the brawl achievement when the game was at version 1.05. Might be a useful data point for you.

Venatio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So any word yet on fixing the framerate downgrade that this patch gave the Xbox and PS4? I really don't wanna play it until they fix their misstake

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#189  Edited By GERALTITUDE

@venatio: It feels generally better for me. Honestly the craziest thing that no one is talking about is that they added two Post Processing (@claude) options in the menu for Motion Blur and Blur and if you turn them off (which I always do when given the chance, even on a great PC) will fucking lock that framerate down to a near constant 30. I'm sure more people will test it so don't take my word for it, but yeah.

@gaminghooligan: Yeah there does seem to be a new ~1 second delay. You're not crazy!

Dave_Tacitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@geraltitude: Not having that problem, mate. I always turn off blur (and just checked to see if I had both off in 1.07) and Witcher 3's running better than ever for me. 90+fps outdoors, 70 in Novigrad.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

@geraltitude: I wonder why no other website has mentioned the post processing option or even tested it. I would also like to know if the Xbox one has this option. I've never liked blur/ motion blur anyway. So, I turned it off right away. The Golf Club also has the option to turn off blur and vsync on the PS4 (might improve performance). Kind of weird to find these options on a console.

korwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The DLC hunt Skelliges Most Wanted is now broken, the boss can't be killed and just gets stuck in a death animation.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

@claude: well honestly even weirder than that is it is not listed any where in the patch notes for the game, as far as I can tell, both on PS4 or listed anywhere online. It is weird to see on a console, definitely. But in a case like this I'm glad it's included.

@geraltitude: Not having that problem, mate. I always turn off blur (and just checked to see if I had both off in 1.07) and Witcher 3's running better than ever for me. 90+fps outdoors, 70 in Novigrad.

Sorry I think you misunderstood my post / my bad explaining - I'm playing on PS4, where they just added the post processing options for the first time with 1.07. With Motion Blur and Blur on my game is noticably 20-25. With them both turned off it runs way better, very smooth. I was saying this works great for me, since I'm not a fan of blur really one way or the other (PC, console, etc).

bceagles128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#195  Edited By bceagles128

Lol, so now I picked up the patched in Zoltan card at Hanged Man's Tree and I have every single gwent card in the game but the trophy isn't popping because 1.07 broke the Collect em all quest. You can tell that it's a global issue on PS4 at least because the % of people that have the "collect em all" trophy is identical (0.7%) to what it was when I stopped playing this game over a month ago. It should have gone up a ton as soon as they patched in the Zoltan card.

Sweet.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/702760-the-witcher-3-wild-hunt/72184964

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/the-witcher-3-wild-hunt/270817-got-zoltan-card-after-1-07-patch-still-no-trophy.html

http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/53101-quot-Card-Collector-quot-Achievement-not-popping-Collect-Em-All-Quest-not-completing

Avatar image for rubberbabybuggybumpers
RubberBabyBuggyBumpers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just want the background music back.