The Giant Bomb Titanfall 2 PS4 Community - Join us, for we are legion... and tone, and ronin, and ion, and...

• 51 results
SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

Let's all shoot giant robots together! - The Titanfall 2 Giant Bomb PS4 Community.

Please note that the Giant Bomb Titanfall 2 PS4 Community is different than the Giant Bomb PS4 Network. Networks are official in-game groups. Communities are PlayStation Network supported user groups. Communities also include game scheduling, messaging, and invitation features that Networks don't support. Lastly, the community will be a smaller group focused on Giant Bomb forum members, rather than an overall Giant Bomb theme with more than 9000 members. Because of this, it should be a friendlier and less random group.

To join the PS4 Giant Bomb Titanfall 2 community, just do a PS4 community search for "Giant Bomb Titanfall 2" It's an open community, and all are welcome. There's no skill level requirement or expectation. The point is just to have fun and play as a team.

To join the PS4 Giant Bomb Titanfall 2 Network, sign up here: http://www.titanfall.com/en_us/networks/playstation/58/

If you want the happy hour advantages of a network along with a smaller group focused more on the Giant Bomb forum community, I'd suggest joining both.

If you're a late night player like myself, and would often miss the 7 pm Giant Bomb Network happy hour, consider joining the "Giant Bomb Titanfall 2" network instead. Happy hour for the Giant Bomb Titanfall 2 network is midnight. For those who play mostly at night, feel free to join. For those who play in the evenings like most people, you should probably stick with Jeff's verified Giant Bomb network. To find the Giant Bomb Titanfall 2 network, simply search for the network tag GBTF.

How to use the community to find other players:

If you'd like to play Titanfall 2 in a group of community members, open the Giant Bomb Titanfall 2 PS4 community menu, and select "Create a party for Community Members."

Once you've done this, anyone about to start the Titanfall 2 application should see that there's currently a community session in progress, and they'll be able to join your party. While less visible, your party will also appear in the "Now Playing" section of the community.

An option was recently added to the main party screen to invite an entire community to your party. This doesn't seem to work, though, so you should ignore it. Instead, to promote your game--especially if you already have a person or two in your party--you should make a post on the Community Wall itself. "Hey, a couple of us are playing attrition, so feel free to join." That sort of thing. Your post will be announced with a simple "there are new messages on the Giant Bomb Titanfall 2 community wall" notification for all community members.

For those who don't want to receive notifications about new community wall posts, they can opt out through the notifications menu.

If everyone starts to use these features, the community should be a lot more useful, and it should be much easier to party up.

Communication and teamwork can be especially rewarding in Titanfall 2, thanks to the new Titan health system. As Respawn themselves have explained:

First, we’ve changed from Titans having energy shields to a new Titan battery system which we believe improves rodeo gameplay and rewards teamwork.

In Titanfall 2, the rodeo pilot steals a battery and damages an enemy Titan. If they can give that battery to a friendly Titan, the Titan receives a shield and the Pilot gets Titan meter points. As players become more familiar with the system, we expect that Titans will live longer. This is an area we will continue to monitor leading up to launch.

[edit]

The Latest news: https://www.titanfall.com/en_us/news/frontier-news-network-2/

First let’s look at the big picture and make a crucial point about our DLC vision crystal clear: All maps, modes, weapons —anything that has effect on gameplay— will be free for all players that bought Titanfall 2. We believe that in order to maintain a healthy community we shouldn’t be segmenting players behind paywalls for these things.

In addition to the free stuff, we will be opening a store in game with the launch of DLC #1 that will allow you to purchase new skins, camo and Prime Titans if you want for a modest price. We will have no in-game currency exchange. No locked loot boxes, crafting shards or pay-to-win weaponry. No RNG. If you see something you like, you buy it and that’s it. These in no way effect stats and are purely cosmetic. We will have two Prime Titans available at launch. They have new chassis and assassinations but function the exact same way as their original counterparts.

Angel City map: A fan favorite map from Titanfall 1 is reborn for Titanfall 2.

Fans that pre-ordered Titanfall 2 will get access to the Angel City map starting on November 30. All other players will get access to the Angel City map starting on December 3rd.

Wingman Elite Pistol

Titan Kits: Get more customization for your Titan with these all new kits.

Ion: Refraction Lens

Splitter Rifle splits 5 ways

Scorch: Scorched Earth

Flame Core ignites the ground, leaving thermite in its wake

Northstar: Threat Optics

Enemies are highlighted while zooming in

Tone: Burst Loader

Aiming allows the 40mm to store up to 3 shots to burst fire

Legion: Hidden Compartment

Power Shot has two charges

Ronin: Phase Reflex

When doomed, Ronin phases out of danger

Pilot Execution: Inner Pieces

Phase into an unsuspecting victim

Stats screen

FAQ menu

In-game store

Angel City’s Most Wanted is just the beginning of our support for Titanfall 2. We will have more drops that will differ in size and scope but the additional maps, modes, and weapons available will continue to be free. We’ll be revealing just what these are next year but in the meantime here’s what kind of events and updates you can expect from us for 2016:

GAME MODE TWISTS

Changing things up and trying out new ways to play is a big part of how we work here at Respawn. We’re carrying that philosophy over to multiplayer with semi-regular events that will change up rule sets on certain games, giving them a “twist” to how you might normally play them. Changes like these force players (and ourselves) to look at the game differently and try some things you may never have tried before.

DOUBLE XP WEEKENDS

Beyond new content and rules that change the game, we’re also big fans of giving excuses for all your friends to pile into Titanfall 2 over a weekend to reap bonus XP, level up faster or unlock a weapon you’ve had your eye on and generally have some fun. Don’t forget to coordinate with your Networks to optimize your happy hour merit madness!

I'm especially surprised to see that they're not going to have any RNG loot system in Titanfall 2. With free DLC, I was pretty sure they would have randomized loot of some sort. With as addictive as that part of a game can be for some people, I almost think that not including random loot is a bad idea for the game and its overall longevity. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By OurSin_360

I may do that, the giantbomb official one just seemed like a bunch of randoms with there mics on talking about nothing.

Searched but found nothing, I'm probably leaving this game alone for now though maybe next weekend.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

I may do that, the giantbomb official one just seemed like a bunch of randoms with there mics on talking about nothing.

Searched but found nothing, I'm probably leaving this game alone for now though maybe next weekend.

Yeah, that's kind of what I thought would happen with 5000 people. Hopefully this will work out a bit better. The final weekend of the tech test is only a few hours from starting. It should be interesting to see the changes they made, unlock more weapons and gear, and see the new map they added.

Avatar image for boundforthefloor
BoundfortheFloor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By BoundfortheFloor

What's the real GiantBomb "Network" ?

EDIT: I'm a dummy it says the founder on the lower third of the screen.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What's the real GiantBomb "Network" ?

EDIT: I'm a dummy it says the founder on the lower third of the screen.

Is that a Local H reference? If so, fuck yeah.

To answer your question, though:

Loading Video...

Avatar image for boundforthefloor
BoundfortheFloor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spaceinsomniac: Yeah, Its a reference to Local H. Its a dope song and I think it works good as a username.

Thanks for posting the vid.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When Titanfall 2 walked away with 45% of the vote in this recent Giant Bomb poll, I figured there would at least be SOME people here interested in teaming up and playing the game online. Strange that this thread--and PS4 community--ended up gathering absolutely no interest.

I'm probably going to buy the game at release, though, even if I won't have any more time to play the tech test before it ends later tonight. Should anyone decide to join, or anyone see this thread who missed it before, I'll be keeping the community up for anyone who cares to purchase the full version.

Perhaps a few of you will still be able to play together on this last day of the tech test. If not, then I guess I'll just try again when the game is released.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When Titanfall 2 walked away with 45% of the vote in this recent Giant Bomb poll, I figured there would at least be SOME people here interested in teaming up and playing the game online. Strange that this thread--and PS4 community--ended up gathering absolutely no interest.

I'm probably going to buy the game at release, though, even if I won't have any more time to play the tech test before it ends later tonight. Should anyone decide to join, or anyone see this thread who missed it before, I'll be keeping the community up for anyone who cares to purchase the full version.

Perhaps a few of you will still be able to play together on this last day of the tech test. If not, then I guess I'll just try again when the game is released.

Probably because Deus Ex came out, and the beta was a bit disappointing IMO. I need to hop back on still only played one game of the second test and haven't seen the new map, but just haven't been all that compelled to this weekend.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Game is out Friday and is getting good reviews. For those who plan to pickup the PS4 version, you should join the community.

Scodiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Cool, I'll look up the Community. I'm new to Titanfall, but I played the Tech Test both weekends and really enjoyed it. I think I'm going to put in some good time on this game, and hopefully get decent at it heh.

TomyDingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By TomyDingo

@spaceinsomniac:

Nothing came up on the Titanfall site for a network named "Giant Bomb Titanfall 2"

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

@aesthetic_noise said:

@spaceinsomniac:

Nothing came up on the Titanfall site for a network named "Giant Bomb Titanfall 2"

That's because it's a PS4 Community, not a network. Just go to the communities section on your PS4 console and search for "Giant Bomb Titanfall 2" there. You can join the community in addition to the official Giant Bomb network. The community offers game scheduling, messaging, and invitation features that the Network will not, plus it should end up being a smaller and more friendly group than a network of 9000 random people.

As I explained in another thread:

The thing about this is there were already more than 5000 (now 9000) people in the official Giant Bomb network with just the tech test going on. Not only was the official network featured in an early gameplay preview video on this site and on You Tube, but it gained traction quickly because of that, and I'm convinced a lot of random people joined just because "Giant Bomb" sounds like a cool name.

At least one person on this forum mentioned that when they played with others in that Network, it was no different than joining a game of random players. That's why I thought we should have a separate PS4 community to go along with the network, so we can easily get together with a smaller group of forum members. That, and PS4 communities offer some nice features that Networks do not.

Depending on the opinion of the community, we can either end the separation there--still being part of the [BOMB] Network--or we could start a smaller Network for the Giant Bomb Titanfall 2 community. Perhaps simply [GBTF], but I'm not picky, and I'm fine going along with what others decide. I just don't want want to be parked in the Itchy Lot, when it comes to belonging to a group of Titanfall 2 players, and a Network of over 9000 people without a smaller PS4 community subset would be just that.

Then again, if they keep the tech test Networks but reset the member lists, perhaps this won't be an issue. I guess we'll have to see.

Avatar image for jigsawintospace
JigsawIntoSpace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Definitely planning to pick this game up and to join the GB community. Can't wait to see you all online this weekend!

secondhands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just joined, looking for GB people to team up with - feel free to add me, I'm secondhands12 on PSN.

bmccann42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just joined, bmccann42 add me in, would love to game wit some more GBombers

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

@spaceinsomniac:

After thinking about it more, I decided to reword the first post, due to the confusion people might about the difference between a community and a network. Thanks for pointing that out.

I also did make a "Giant Bomb Titanfall 2" network, but only because I work most evenings, and otherwise I'd miss the official 7 pm happy hour quite often. Happy hour for the Giant Bomb Titanfall 2 network is midnight. For those who play mostly at night, feel free to join. For those who play in the evenings like most people, you should probably stick with Jeff's verified Giant Bomb network. Both networks use [BOMB] as the network tag, so there will be unity between the two.

And of course anyone in any network is still free to join the Giant Bomb Titanfall 2 PS4 community.

LeStephan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Joined the comunity as 'Apenbaard', not sure I'll be online much but who knows. Strange theres so few members.

TomyDingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bmccann42: Thanks for helping out in the few matches we played!

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

@lestephan said:

Joined the comunity as 'Apenbaard', not sure I'll be online much but who knows. Strange theres so few members.

I think part of the reason for there being so few players is that some people are happy just joining the network. Not to sound like a broken record, but more than 9000 people is just way too many people for me. Even if the most this community ever sees join is 15 to 20 people, I'll be happy with the results if I end up playing with three or four of them throughout my interest in the game's multiplayer lifespan. That could be a long while as well, considering the free DLC plans they have for this game.

I've already played a couple times with secondhands, and we've been having a blast. Hopefully some of you will be able to join us soon, or we'll be able to join you.

@aesthetic_noise said:

@bmccann42: Thanks for helping out in the few matches we played!

I'm glad to see others have been making use of the community as well.

CastroCasper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I joined up, feel free to add me - Kurtdyoung. Looking to get in a few games with some cool duders.

SuperSnooch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Been playing with some GB duders since yesterday. I actually just played in a game alongside GiantBombing, and I topped the leaderboard for our team, so that felt pretty cool. If anyone wants to add me, my PSN is nailbunny451.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@CastroCasper: @aesthetic_noise: @lestephan: @bmccann42: @secondhands: @jigsawintospace:

Hey everyone, just wanted to point out a dumb thing that I did. When the actual Titanfall 2 game was released, I forgot to link the retail version to the community. That means until tonight, it was linked to the pre-release tech test. That's why no activity was ever showing up in the "now playing" community menu. Sorry about that, but everything should be working correctly now.

One of the most useful community features is to see who's playing the game linked to the community at any given time. Then you can join their party, or invite them to join you. Now we'll actually be able to do that.

Been playing with some GB duders since yesterday. I actually just played in a game alongside GiantBombing, and I topped the leaderboard for our team, so that felt pretty cool. If anyone wants to add me, my PSN is nailbunny451.

It's cool that you found yourself in a game with Jeff, but it's also nice to know that Jeff is enjoying the multiplayer enough to play it during his free time. Game of the year discussions should be interesting.

BallsLeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#23  Edited By BallsLeon

Joined the Giant Bomb [BOMB] that has Jeff as the leader/founder, am I in the right place? Got a few games in last night. Seemed like a lot of attrition games, is that your guys' preference?

That being said, this game is RAD! I'm typically getting my ass kicked, but I'm still feeling like a bad ass robot assassin every time I get a kill while wall-running.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Joined the Giant Bomb [BOMB] that has Jeff as the leader/founder, am I in the right place? Got a few games in last night. Seemed like a lot of attrition games, is that your guys' preference?

That being said, this game is RAD! I'm typically getting my ass kicked, but I'm still feeling like a bad ass robot assassin every time I get a kill while wall-running.

Yes and no. You joined a Network, and this thread is about a PS4 Community, but you're absolutely welcome and even encouraged to join both. Here's a bit of explanation from the first post:

Please note that the Giant Bomb Titanfall 2 PS4 Community is different than the Giant Bomb PS4 Network. Networks are official in-game groups. Communities are PlayStation Network supported user groups. Communities also include game scheduling, messaging, and invitation features that Networks don't support. Lastly, the community will be a smaller group focused on Giant Bomb forum members, rather than an overall Giant Bomb theme with more than 9000 members. Because of this, it should be a friendlier and less random group.

To join the PS4 Giant Bomb Titanfall 2 community, just do a PS4 community search for "Giant Bomb Titanfall 2" It's an open community, and all are welcome. There's no skill level requirement or expectation. The point is just to have fun and play as a team.

To join the PS4 Giant Bomb Titanfall 2 Network, sign up here: http://www.titanfall.com/en_us/networks/playstation/58/

If you want the happy hour advantages of a network along with a smaller group focused more on the Giant Bomb forum community, I'd suggest joining both.

BallsLeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#25  Edited By BallsLeon

@spaceinsomniac: Ah okay, thanks for clarifying! Getting my terminology mixed up.

I'll check it out when I get home. PSN: BallsLeon

ThiccStink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey all, new to the forum community but not new to the site. I joined the network on PS4 back during the beta. Gonna go through and add a bunch of you duders so lookout for a friend invite from Mr_Klinck.

Sethster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just joined the community. New to the game and would love to run with a crew. Hit me up if you don't mind a new player.

PSN: Dwight_Locke

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey all, new to the forum community but not new to the site. I joined the network on PS4 back during the beta. Gonna go through and add a bunch of you duders so lookout for a friend invite from Mr_Klinck.

@sethster said:

Just joined the community. New to the game and would love to run with a crew. Hit me up if you don't mind a new player.

PSN: Dwight_Locke

Welcome.

I was playing with @secondhands: and another friend last night, and I was talking about an advanced movement technique called bunny hopping or slide hopping. It seems like it would be very useful, and I'm usually okay at things like this in video games, but I just can't get the hang of it for some reason. Is there anyone here able to do this?

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

Avatar image for hamburglar_jones
Hamburglar_Jones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey, I just joined as HamburglarJones. I'm not online all that often but I'd love to get a couple matches in with y'all at some point.

swordmagic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is there an xbox one?

Avatar image for deactivated-5e6e407163fd7
deactivated-5e6e407163fd7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

Joined both

Dryker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Joined both. Will be finishing the campaign before any multiplayer, though. Perhaps I'll do it in one sitting, but Jeff's Extralife stream could get in the way.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is there an xbox one?

No, but a PS4 community is the equivalent of the clubs feature that Microsoft talked about during their last E3 conference. If those have made it to the Xbox One now, you can just start one of those. If they're still in the planning stages, it'll be something to look forward to.

Hey, I just joined as HamburglarJones. I'm not online all that often but I'd love to get a couple matches in with y'all at some point.

Joined both

@dryker said:

Joined both. Will be finishing the campaign before any multiplayer, though. Perhaps I'll do it in one sitting, but Jeff's Extralife stream could get in the way.

Welcome. The community is close to 30 people now, and it's the weekend, so I thought I'd try setting up an event. If you or anyone else can play a bit tonight at 10 pm US central time--approximately four hours after this post--then feel free to sign up for the event I just posted to the community wall. Maybe I'll see some of you there. If not, then perhaps another time.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

I was talking about this video to @secondhands tonight, so I thought I'd post it here. After watching this video, you might think that this is one of the best weapons in the game. You should probably not think that.

Loading Video...

I didn't expect it to be anywhere this easy to get kills with--because I don't ever see people using it, and the person playing is a very good player--but I also didn't expect it to be the hitmarker machine that it was when I tried it.

DudeSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#35  Edited By DudeSupreme

Just wanted to say I love the Network feature. I can just be fiddling around with my loadouts and Im constantly getting invitations from the BOMB network whenever Im on.

I'm probably on the low end of the score board most games, but I like that I feel I can game with people who arent total assholes at a moment's notice.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Finally got my PS+ membership reactivated to try the multiplayer briefly over the weekend. Not too surprisingly, I got my ass kicked and was on the bottom of that score list. But I still joined the GB Network and the PS4 community just now!

RockyRaccoon37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#37  Edited By RockyRaccoon37

Just picked up a PS4 last week mostly for Titanfall 2 (PC doesn't cut the mustard anymore), and boy howdy it's been a while since I've played an FPS with a controller. One of the things that I've found helpful is changing the default controller layout to "Bumper Jumper" so your jump button is on L1 instead of X, I've found it makes it a lot easier to aim while wall-running and jumping.

Really hoping to see some balance patches come through that make Legion, Scorch and Northstar worth picking because right now they seem like the wrong choice almost always.

I'm almost always in the bottom of the score list too, but the game is still almost always a fun time with few frustrations. Like everyone else here, loving the BOMB network and hope to see that in more multiplayer games in the future.

secondhands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dudesupreme@glots@rockyraccoon37 hope you're all enjoying. Use the Hemlok a bit before it gets nerfed. Add me if you want to play some matches -- secondhands12 on PSN.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just edited the thread with a good deal of info on the first DLC update. New map, weapon, titan kits, stats screen, and more. All of it free. They're also adding cosmetic DLC, but they're not going to have any randomized loot system. If you want one of the new skins or "prime titans"--cosmetic changes only--you can buy it with real money, or you can choose to not buy it. You can find more details in the first post.

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#40  Edited By BoOzak

@spaceinsomniac: Update sounds good. I always found it weird that T2 didnt have a stats screen when the first game had a pretty in-depth one. At least as far as in-game stats screens go. (I know COD, BF, and Halo all have sites dedicated to it) I guess I should care about my K/D more now that it's going to be a thing.

Also I could be wrong but I think the Xbox One now has a community equivalent in it's latest update. Would be nice to be a bit more inclusive ;p (if not then just ignore my snarkyness)

Blackout62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Wait a second, does one of these primes happen to be named Optimus?

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

@rockyraccoon37: @glots: @dryker: @sloppydetective: @hamburglar_jones: @sethster: @bagelmage: @ballsleon: @supersnooch: @CastroCasper: @lestephan: @bmccann42: @secondhands: @jigsawintospace: @aesthetic_noise: @scodiac:

Hey everyone, just wanted to clear something up after doing some testing, and explain how to best use the community features. If you'd like to play Titanfall 2 in a group of community members, open the Giant Bomb Titanfall 2 PS4 community menu, and select "Create a party for Community Members."

Once you've done this, anyone about to start the Titanfall 2 application should see that there's currently a community session in progress, and they'll be able to join your party. While less visible, your party will also appear in the "Now Playing" section of the community.

An option was recently added to the main party screen to invite an entire community to your party. This doesn't seem to work, though, so you should ignore it. Instead, to promote your game--especially if you already have a person or two in your party--you should make a post on the Community Wall itself. "Hey, a couple of us are playing attrition, so feel free to join." That sort of thing. Your post will be announced with a simple "there are new messages on the Giant Bomb Titanfall 2 community wall" notification for all community members.

For those who don't want to receive notifications about new community wall posts, they can opt out through the notifications menu.

If everyone starts to use these features, the community should be a lot more useful, and it should be much easier to party up. Once the DLC news has been up for a while, I'll be adding this info to the top of the first post in this thread.

Other than that, enjoy the DLC. It's only a week away.

@boozak said:

@spaceinsomniac: Update sounds good. I always found it weird that T2 didnt have a stats screen when the first game had a pretty in-depth one. At least as far as in-game stats screens go. (I know COD, BF, and Halo all have sites dedicated to it) I guess I should care about my K/D more now that it's going to be a thing.

Also I could be wrong but I think the Xbox One now has a community equivalent in it's latest update. Would be nice to be a bit more inclusive ;p (if not then just ignore my snarkyness)

I think you're right, and I think the Xbox One version of a PS4 Community is called a Club. If you'd like to share this thread, I'd be happy to do so. If you want to create an Xbox Club for Tianfall 2 and the Giant Bomb forum community, I'll be happy to add the details to the first post. Just let me know.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#43  Edited By Humanity

I'm excited for the DLC - always cool to try new stuff and it being completely free is pretty dang nice.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

it bottles the mind why more people don't love this game with all their hearts. you think someone giving FREE dlc would have their praises sung to the heavens and be raking in the sales.

RockyRaccoon37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Avatar image for colonel_pockets
Colonel_Pockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 46

That's a lot of free stuff. I love it. I wish I could support this game more. Any word on what the in-game store is?

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's a lot of free stuff. I love it. I wish I could support this game more. Any word on what the in-game store is?

The in-game store is just a place where you can straight up buy cosmetic DLC with real money. They're going to have "prime" versions of Titans, which will have new models, new execution animations, and I think new sound effects. They play exactly the same, though. There might also be some new Pilot skins, but I'm not sure.

@spaceinsomniac: Thanks for this, just joined!

That's one of my favorite Beatles songs. Welcome.

it bottles the mind why more people don't love this game with all their hearts. you think someone giving FREE dlc would have their praises sung to the heavens and be raking in the sales.

Yeah, I really hope Titanfall 2 will continue to sell through word of mouth. At least free DLC updates will keep it posted about a lot on various gaming sites, and they'll be able to continue to promote the game with that fact.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

Had a very nice series of games tonight with a few community members. Stomping around with four Titans working together is a lot of fun.

I mentioned something during that time that I thought I'd post about here. Turns out, it's only Legion who can shoot through other Titans, but all Pilots can shoot through friendly Titans or even pilots on their own team. This is very good to know for the times when you think your shot is being blocked.

Loading Video...

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@spaceinsomniac: Shiiiiiiiiit I totally did not know about shooting through friendly titans as Legion, and I'm a G8 Legion now...

Mind. Blown.

So many opportunities lost :(

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

For those without a lot of time who want to hurry up with their unlocks, or the more obsessed among us who are burning through the "generations," you should all know that Titanfall 2's first Double XP weekend starts today.

If you'd like to play with other members of the Giant Bomb forum community, just remember to start a PS4 community party before you start playing. Have fun.