Can you play the DLC solo?

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By NTM

I probably should have asked about this already. Shockingly, The Division among other great titles of 2016 was my favorite game. I just loved the New York wintry setting, what I felt was a phenomenal soundtrack by Ola Strandh, and the gameplay was just good third-person shooting. I also appreciated the collectibles around the world that fleshed it all out. I am not someone that plays online games or the portions of them on my own, so that's the reason it's shocking that it was as good as it was to me and I spent over 70 hours in it. I also played zero online, so no dark zone.

That brings me to ask the title question, can I buy the DLC and go in alone? I wouldn't mind supporting the team behind the game and supporting the game, and I wouldn't mind playing more of The Division. However, if it's focused on an online play where it's near impossible to get through it without a friend, or if there are other players in there like the dark zone that'll just put my lights out, I don't really want that. Should I buy all the DLC and play it if I enjoyed the main game solo? Also, as a side question, how is the game now in general? I don't remember the last time I played it, but it was last year at some time. Early last year I think it was.

I've seen recent videos of people saying that it's really great.

jgittins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I play the DLC solo. The only one where you wont see other players is the Underground. It's a fairly standard dungeon crawl with procedurally generated levels. It does get boring pretty fast though.

Survival is the most fun but also the most intense so one game of it every couple of days is usually enough.. You can choose pve mode if you dont want to get destroyed by groups of other players. But you can't play it completely alone. Other players will steal the resources you need if you're not fast enough which can be frustrating. But if you're patient and play it safe you will likely be able to loot their corpses later when they get killed by npcs.

Last stand is just a capture the objectives style pvp mode. You can queue solo and the matchmaking is pretty good. Personally I find it a bit boring getting blown up in 2 seconds every time I respawn, but some people are super into it.

If you want a singleplayer end game it is possible to do the legendary missions entirely by yourself. I would suggest watching some tutorial videos if you want to try them because you need specific strategies to survive each wave of enemies.

Avatar image for shivermetimbers
shivermetimbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

I still play this game on PC from time to time. I think the game has definitely gotten better when it comes to build choices. You aren't really punished for choosing one set of skills over another. I only own the Survival DLC and that's totally playable solo. It's also arguably the best DLC, so I'd recommend checking it out.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By NTM

Hey everyone, I am currently playing the game again. I still haven't gotten the DLC, and I am still curious as to whether I should. I really, really like the main game, and as I mentioned in a thread I made yesterday, I finally went into the DZ. So, I don't mind the other players really; the thing is that I am concerned that the DLC is only or mainly for those that have a group of buddies to play it with. Is that pretty much required for the DLC or can I solo (with the exception of strangers roaming around), or is it only for those that have a group with them? Thanks to those that gave their input already, but I'd like to get even more insight. I kind of want to get the season pass.