UlquioKani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By UlquioKani

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1363501

I didn't think they would do it but it looks like they are!

Edit: In other positive news, Bayonetta ended up second on the Steam Charts after Battlegrounds

Edit part 2: The neogaf thread points to the PlatinumGames youtube account which has put up 5 videos of Bayonetta that repeat 3 times each. This either means Bayonetta 3, Bayonetta 5, Bayonetta 8 or Bayonetta 15

Edit part 3: Sega tweet heavily hints at Vanquish

Edit part 4: Second sega tweet.

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I really wonder how people will react to the game if it ever arrives on PC. I'm going to guess a lot of people clamouring for this port have not played the original but are curious.

mrcraggle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By mrcraggle

I played Vanquish on my 360 but never actually finished it despite it being actually pretty short but a PC port would be really make that game shine. I don't own an Xbox One but I'm sure many people would appreciate it if that were also backwards compatible.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

I thought Vanquish was neat but nowhere near the levels of "oh MAN Vanquish!!!" excitement I see associated with it. Parts of that game, despite the style, were kinda clunky.

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd be up for playing a PC port. I had access to play it on console but never did because it was always too far down my list, so this would be a good excuse I suppose.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

sounds like platinum may be hard up on cash, with the way they seem to be scurrying out these ports?

UlquioKani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By UlquioKani
@humanity said:

I thought Vanquish was neat but nowhere near the levels of "oh MAN Vanquish!!!" excitement I see associated with it. Parts of that game, despite the style, were kinda clunky.

Part of the reason why I included the 'Bros' in the title. The response to the game is a little hyperbolic. I do love it but it's not without faults.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

If vanquish gets a pic port, then maybe someday I get Asuras wrath port

I'll keep dreaming over here

hmoney001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If true, please be a good port.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think I wrote my thoughts on Vanquish over here earlier this year, when I finally played it on PS3. The gameplay was pretty neat and it would probably be great to have that run in 60fps. Everything else, though...

I'm not a huge fan of Bayonetta's style, but at least it has one and it goes for it. Vanquish is beyond bland, with some characters that make the Gears of War cast seem like characters with the most depth ever in a video game...and not even in a so bad it's good way, just bad b-movie quality bad. But the gameplay was enough to ignore most of that, so eh.

MeierTheRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By MeierTheRed

@hassun said:

I really wonder how people will react to the game if it ever arrives on PC. I'm going to guess a lot of people clamouring for this port have not played the original but are curious.

I actually bought the game years after it released, and i just can't play it on PS3. It looks like ass and performance isn't really great either. But i would gladly buy it on PC if they ever release it on that platform.

mellotronrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

omfg. would buy.

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Been hearing the rumors since last year. Hope they're true since I missed out aside form a PSN demo.

But as usual, I'm a skeptic until I see a Steam page.

NoneSun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ripelivejam: Sounds like they're just good people

"The PC market is huge and can definitely not be ignored. We are absolutely aware of that, and we’ve always felt this way," a spokesperson for Platinum told PC Gamer. "We’ve always had a positive stance towards porting our titles to PC, but the decisions as to which platforms we release our games on, and which platforms are the main focus for the games we make are largely made by the publishers, so this is not something we can decide on our own.

"However, most third party publishers nowadays realize the PC should not be ignored, so I believe we should be able to become more actively involved in the PC market from here on out."

Over the past few years, Sega has brought one-time console exclusives such as The Typing of the Dead and the hugely popular Valkyria Chronicles to desktops, and Platinum brought Bayonetta itself to the Wii U in 2014.

"We developed Bayonetta 1 all by ourselves, and we optimized it for Xbox 360, which resulted in some issues when porting the game to other platforms," the spokesperson adds. "We had to dive back in and change a lot about the internal structure when we ported it to Wii U, but I believe this experience helped us make the jump to PC go a lot smoother. Our current proprietary engine is built with PC-based cross-platform development in mind, so I think it should be easier now to avoid similar problems in the future."

Platinum continues, suggesting if it were the developer's decision alone it'd see all of its games ported to PC—"if it were up to us, we’d port all of our games to PC, but it all depends on the publishers"—such as Vanquish and Anarchy Reigns. If Bayonetta on PC is a success though, might that encourage Platinum to make another?

"We still feel strongly about putting more consideration into the PC market. If our current efforts prove successful, this will only make PC development more attractive."

Avatar image for redhotchilimist
Redhotchilimist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ulquiokani: I was sort of surprised when the Bombcast mentioned Vanquish. I feel like those guys bounced right off that game and never gave it any kind of GOTY cred.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nonesun: just weird theyre doing it all of a sudden with scalebound and stretching themselves over multiple projects. but im sure someone else will tell me how wrong i am like always so i wont bother. :)

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

sounds like platinum may be hard up on cash, with the way they seem to be scurrying out these ports?

I really doubt Platinum will ever be 'hard up on cash' 'cause they seem to space their real games out with licensed stuff/nintendo stuff.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

I would very much enjoy playing this on PC with mouse + keyboard. Sliding around and aiming (even with slow-mo) didn't feel that great with a controller for me. Could be I'd be fine with it now, but that's what I remember about it. Besides everything else being rad of course.

hermes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#19  Edited By hermes

@nightriff said:

Entirely different publisher and developer, so no correlation there.

Still, it would be welcomed.

archnite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Platinum Games.

NoneSun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ripelivejam: hey, who knows? there's always a financial incentive somewhere anyway. well I guess that just comes with having lots of opinions on the internet :p

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#22  Edited By ArtisanBreads

I think Vanquish is not incredible but it's Platinum's best game that I have played (still haven't gotten a chance to play Bayonetta 2) and worth playing.

vortextk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does it have an amazing style outside of the main character? Or unforgettable story or characters? Or how about an iconic soundtrack that is completely memorable? What about an enduring villain that is remembered for all time?

No, no, no and no but I want this fucking game on my computer running at 60fps because it's the most fun I've ever had playing a third person shooter.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#24  Edited By ArtisanBreads

@alexw00d: I don't know how any of that stuff does for them. It's not like making licensed games just prints money these days. Making exclusives for small Nintendo install bases doesn't sell your game either.

If anything I thought them taking more of that stuff is a bad sign they aren't doing so well. It's certainly made me think less of them as developers.

doctordonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

One of the most underappreciated & criminally glossed over games of recent years, no one seemed to give it a fair shake even though it was absolutely goddamn incredible. Can't wait.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a00c029ab7c1
deactivated-5a00c029ab7c1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm interested in it kinda of but I would also like for Condemn bloodshot to come to Steam not sure if that is owned by Sega or WB they're both listed as publishers for the game which is weird.

korwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Never got around to playing it, would probably buy.

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By BoOzak

I hope all of this leads to Bayonetta 3 and/or a Vanquish 2. Thats not to say I dont want new IPs from Platinum but sequels tend to sell better and it's not like they've made that many.

ivdamke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boozak: I'd honestly want an MGR2 but that will sadly never happen :(

CrimsonJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

omg Vanquish is a top 5 360/PS3 era game for me. I'd love to see it in 4k60.

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ivdamke: Yeah me too. Maybe if Metal Gear Survive does really well Konami might have a change of heart. ;p

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#32  Edited By TheManWithNoPlan

Vanquish is one of my favorite games from last gen, so...

No Caption Provided

JTB123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

Been wishing to play Vanquish on PC for years so this is great news.

WynnDuffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

the 60 FPS Vanquish deserved may be coming after all eh?

elyhaym

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Allow me to join you in said dreaming.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1d502761653
deactivated-5d1d502761653

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People might say, this is the best time to play video games!

Avatar image for deactivated-5a923fc7099e3
deactivated-5a923fc7099e3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Everything comes to PC eventually be it trough ports or emulation.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alexw00d: I don't know how any of that stuff does for them. It's not like making licensed games just prints money these days. Making exclusives for small Nintendo install bases doesn't sell your game either.

If anything I thought them taking more of that stuff is a bad sign they aren't doing so well. It's certainly made me think less of them as developers.

I'm sure it doesn't print money, but it's at least a guaranteed payout from Activision. I'd rather they funded their platinum ass platinum games by doing shitty Transformers stuff than dodgy sales practices any day of the week.

damodar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vanquish definitely deserves a PC release. I'd double dip without a second thought for 60fps.

@elyhaym said:
@nightriff said:

Allow me to join you in said dreaming.

Asura's Wrath was Unreal Engine 3, right? That would potentially make the process easier if Capcom did ever decide to do that. Which they probably should, that thing is an experience. Anyway, if we're talking about lofty PC port dreams, I'd love to see something like Yakuza 0 (and/or whatever entries end up following it) come to PC. Pretty sure they're on the same engine as Binary Domain and the PC port of that was pretty exceptional in my experience.

aktivity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vanquish is easily my favorite third person shooter of that generation when it comes to the combat. I really hope we get a PC port.

benderunit22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

I'll never understand what exactly people see in Vanquish. It was a good cover-based shooter and it sure ran a lot better than Bayonetta did on the PS3, but the story was embarrassingly terrible and simplistic. Every now and again while fighting on urban highways and dark tunnels, I also had to remind myself that the game was set in a space station.

Maybe if they don't charge too much or it's on sale, I'll see if I just "didn't get it"

vortextk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dudeglove: God that game had such potential. It's still pretty cool in very short bursts. The bear sections aren't fun, the bosses were annoying and almost every encounter/level is extremely mundane and just has poor design; but they got some fundamentals with Korra and bending extremely good. If only...

@benderunit22:If you call it just a cover based shooter, you didn't get it. That's ok, it might not be for you, but it is not just a cover based shooter. It is a shooter that has cover in it, unlike gears where every small combat encounter is spent almost the entire time behind cover. Cover in vanquish is used to setup and recharge. If you don't like to play that way or don't want to play that way or don't care about the difference, then the game won't be up your alley.

UlquioKani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for adequatelyprepared
AdequatelyPrepared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The madmen, they're actually going to do it.

noboners

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By noboners

@dudeglove: it's so much better than that. It's got the feeling of a Kojima game story wise, the main character can slide around on his knees in slow motion being propelled by rockets, it gives purpose to picking up a weapon you are already carrying since it automatically just upgrades it if you already have that weapon with full ammo, you just feel bad ass playing it. But yeah, calling it a character action, fast paced Gears of War is not completely wrong

UlquioKani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Another Sega tweet. There is a 5 in the image which points to it being released this month (I had to do a lot of enhancing of the image to figure it out). It could also be a countdown?

Whitestripes09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yesss this is the one game that I always regret not buying. If I remember the year that it came out, there were just other more promising titles being released and the hype for it died severely when the graphics didn't meet expectations. That being said, when I played the demo, it was really fun. That was a few years ago, but I will definitely pick this up on Steam.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a0917a2494ce
deactivated-5a0917a2494ce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

Can someone sell me on Vanquish please? What is it about it? Is it Gears of War meets character action somehow?

It's Gear of War meets Metal Gear Solid meets . . . I dunno. Basically it's the third person action game you would think Platinum would make, it's amazing. Think Gears of War but 10x faster and more fun.