They're patching in a bunch of stuff that might make this game more playable

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

Sounds like the team behind Youngblood heard some of the criticism about the game and have announced a couple of upcoming patches:

"Update 1.0.4

The team at Machine Games has been working on adding a pause function for Offline mode, as well as fixing several issues that players have encountered with achieving 100% game completion. We are targeting this update for LATER THIS WEEK on PC.

You can read the full patch notes for 1.0.4 below.

Update 1.0.5

In our 1.0.5 update, we are working to address a host of game difficulty and progression issues based on your feedback. This includes:

• Additional checkpoints
  • Difficulty adjustments across the board, especially in boss fights
  • Addressing the feeling some players have expressed that some enemies feel like “bullet sponges”
  • Adding additional ammo throughout the game
  • An option to toggle enemy health bars on/off
  • Making it easier to get 100% game completion

Please stay tuned for more specifics and timing of this update soon! Be sure to follow us @ Wolfenstein on Twitter and Facebook for all the latest news.

All of this makes it a bit more likely that I'll get through and actually beat the game. Glad I held off a bit as all of this sounds like decent QOL kind of stuff.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

The checkpoint situation is kind of nuts. When I watched Brad play for about 30 minutes then die after he killed the boss and got checkpointed at the beginning of that entire missions that seemed borderline broken.

TheRealTurk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

While those are things that should have been fixed, I think at this point it's kind of polishing a turd. Unless they are also re-working the level design or adding in better story and characters, I don't know that it's going to help that much. Things are much more fundamentally broken than adding checkpoints and adjusting enemy balance.

notnert427

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

Can they patch in some less cringey dialogue?

Avatar image for deactivated-6321b685abb02
deactivated-6321b685abb02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seems like a lot of stuff that should have been considered before launch but better than nothing I suppose. I'm still decidedly not interested because the world and combat seems bland, though I am in the camp of enjoying the lame dialogue going by what I've seen of it.

If they get rid of the super-armour BS maybe I'll try it down the line when it's cheap, that's the real kicker for me tbh.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ended up watching the ending during UPF and I was already not too interested in going back to the game before that, so now I might just not ever continue it. Even though I knew this was going to be a side-game, not wanting to play a new Wolfenstein is a pretty big let-down for me.

At least I got it for cheap, so whatever. Hopefully we'll see Wolfenstein 3 eventually.