While the FZ50 may already feel like a GT3-class car, the FZ50 GTR improves dramatically on its street-legal counterpart. With an immensely powerful naturally-aspirated engine and a good balance of weight, the FZ50 GTR almost feels elegant on the track. Almost.
The FZ50 GTR is one of three GTR cars that are competitive with each other, the other two being the FXO GTR and the XR GTR. By comparison, the FZ50 GTR is a good balance between its two opponents, as it's somewhat easier to control than an XR GTR, while keeping the rear-drive feel that separates it from the FXO GTR sluggishness. Also, after BMW Sauber F1.06 and Formula V8, this is the third fastest car in LFS.
- Engine Placement: Rear engine
- Drive Wheels: Rear wheel drive
- Transmission: H-pattern gearbox
- Engine: 3.6 liter flat 6
- Power: 365 kW (490 bhp) @ 8102 rpm
- Torque: 503 Nm (371 lbft) @ 5246 rpm
- Total Mass: 1100 kg (2424 lbs)
- Power-weight: 332 W/kg (452 bhp/ton)
- Weight Distribution: 37.5 Front, 62.5 Rear
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 100 liters