The XR GTR is the third and fastest member of the XR family. Race modifications to this XR have added tremendous speed, along with a small amount of grip compared to the XR GT Turbo. The feeling of on-the-edge rear-drive is still alive and well in the XR GTR, though.
This car is competitive with the FXO GTR and FZ50 GTR, and in the hands of a driver able to tame its wild edge, it will perform extremely well. Drivers who prefer a more refined, controllable rear-drive may want to try the FZ50 GTR instead.
- Engine Placement: Front engine
- Drive Wheels: Rear-wheel drive
- Transmission: Sequential gearbox with ignition cut
- Engine: 2.0 liter turbocharged inline 4
- Power: 365 kW (490 bhp) @ 6270 rpm
- Torque: 627 Nm (462 lbft) @ 4775 rpm
- Total Mass: 1100 kg (2425 lbs)
- Power-weight: 332 W/kg (453 bhp/ton)
- Weight Distribution: 53.5% Front, 46.5% Rear
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 100 liters