Until its recent removal from the demo content, the XR GT Turbo was the fastest car in the Live for Speed demo. In these days it was not an uncommon sight to see an inexperienced driver pick the XR GT Turbo in the hopes of outrunning slower cars, only to lose control and spin out at the first turn. The XR GT Turbo is a fast rear-drive car that demands respect, but rewards those willing to put up with its wild edge.
The XR GT Turbo is also well known for being able to drift around corners with flair, and as a result is popular with players who enjoy showing off their drifting skills. Many servers in the past have been dedicated to drifting only, shunning any actual race action in favor of showing off.
The FXO Turbo and RB4 GT are both competitive with the XR GT Turbo. The XR GT Turbo also has hybrid and knobbly tire options, making it a possible choice for rallycross, but its wild rear-drive handling makes it a rough and usually a poor choice for dirt.
- Engine Placement: Front engine
- Drive Wheels: Rear-wheel drive
- Transmission: H-pattern gearbox
- Engine: 2.0 liter turbocharged inline 4
- Power: 184 kW (257 bhp) @ 6035 rpm
- Torque: 345 Nm (255 lbft) @ 3896 rpm
- Total Mass: 1223 kg (2696 lbs)
- Power-weight: 151 W/kg (205 bhp/ton)
- Weight Distribution: 51% Front, 49% Rear
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 75 liters