Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

God of War III

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Mar 16, 2010

God of War III puts players back in the role of Kratos to continue his brutal and bloody war against Olympus as he sets his sights on Zeus himself.

GOD OF WAR III PRESS EVENT - FEBRUARY! *breathes*

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By get2sammyb

From Kotaku:

You thought that brief glimpse of God Of War III from the Spike TV VGAs was all you'd see of Kratos for a while? Nope. Sony will be showing the game off in mere weeks.

We just got the invite to check out Kratos' "final mission in his war with the Gods," an appointment just three weeks from today, one we certainly don't plan on being late for. Yes, they're still going with this "final mission" stuff, driving the point home by calling God of War III the "highly-anticipated conclusion to the Greek action-adventure odyssey."

Not trying to rub this "exclusive sneak peek" in your readership faces or anything, but if you, like me, were thinking that there's no way the game will hit in calendar year 2009, you might want to reconsider.

Hopefully, we'll get to see what original God Of War producer David Jaffe saw. Then we can be all "Here is your God of War III preview" and "Here is your vindication, Jaffe" or something along those lines.

What's the betting Sony embargo the coverage until February 27th? Did you guys at GiantBomb get an invite? Here's hoping it looks like a "renaissance canvas painting" this time. Oh, oh, and 2009 release? Goodness gracious. *breathes*.

granderojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By granderojo

Well I just bought a PS3 so lets hope for the best, trailer looks promising.

tensionhead17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By tensionhead17

Now if I can just get Team Ico to reveal their new game at E3, my life will be complete.

Not really, but exciting nonetheless.

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By get2sammyb
    tensionhead17 said:
    "Now if I can just get Team Ico to reveal their new game at E3, my life will be complete.

Not really, but exciting nonetheless."
    I'm sure it will be at E3 dude. In fact I'm certain it will.
    Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Gizmo

I don't like God Of War.

Optiow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Optiow

I will have to rent a Ps3 to play this!
    I hope it is great!!!

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By get2sammyb
    Optiow said:
    "I will have to rent a Ps3 to play this!
    I hope it is great!!!"
    I think you need to sell a few kidneys and buy a console dude. Hope you can find the money.

Gizmo said:
    "I don't like God Of War."
    Fair enough. Because it's a Playstation franchise I presume?
    Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Gizmo

No, I find it extremely boring and too on-the-rails for any proper gaming to be done with it. Give me Left 4 Dead any day.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By LiquidPrince

I have no doubt that God of War III will be one of the best looking games on the PS3. God of War II looked like crap when they first showed it at E3, but by the time the final build was released, the game looked better then anything else available on the PS2.

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By get2sammyb
    LiquidPrince said:
    "I have no doubt that God of War III will be one of the best looking games on the PS3. God of War II looked like crap when they first showed it at E3, but by the time the final build was released, the game looked better then anything else available on the PS2."
    My Dad's playing God Of War II at the moment. Just looking at that game you could easily persuade me it's a 360 or PS3 game. I've never seen anything like it. It's just phenomenal.

By the way, for those of you thinking God Of War III probably hasn't been in development that long, there was a teaser for it on the back of the Chains Of Olympus instructions. I think we'll see this game in 2009. I'm now actually worried that Sony have TOO much on their 09 lineup.

Actually screw that. This is going to be amazing.

Hopefully we'll get some previews out of this event.

Gizmo said:
    "No, I find it extremely boring and too on-the-rails for any proper gaming to be done with it. Give me Left 4 Dead any day."
    Well, a) you're comparing totally different games; b) I can see why the "rails" might not be your cup of tea but it's hardly boring is it; that games like a fucking rollercoaster of awesome moments; c) if that's your opinion then I suppose that's fair enough. :)
    Kratos81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Kratos81
    Gizmo said:
    "No, I find it extremely boring and too on-the-rails for any proper gaming to be done with it. Give me Left 4 Dead any day."
    LFD got boring quickly. I dont see how anyone couldnt like gow, maybe just trolls.
    Avatar image for demonicpoetgamer
    DemonicPoetGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By DemonicPoetGamer

This game is gonna fuckin break the 360's heart lol. I can't wait.

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By get2sammyb

Ok guys, time for an update. Everything gets unveiled this coming Friday 13th.

Game Informer's next issue has God of War III as its cover star. But there's more news for God of War fans: This Friday (Feb 13th) is when God of War III will be revealed for the first time. You'll be able to check back here at 9:00 am PST on that Friday for all the details and screens.

Actually, though, fans of the God of War series may want to check 1UP even earlier in the week for something else special... In any case, this week should be pretty exciting. Matt Leone
    can hardly contain himself -- on Monday he heads down to Sony's Santa Monica studio to see God of War III so he can tell you all about it come Friday.

Source.

I'm excited. A few people press-types seem to be a bit worried that the game may well end up a HD-remix of the past two, and while I understand that sentiment I would still totally play it the others are so good.

I believe the press get in on it tomorrow but are obviously under embargo until Friday.

Can't wait to see some new screenshots mind. Perhaps we might get some previews too? If they're inviting the press to their studios you'd expect more than just a new trailer and some sausage rolls wouldn't you?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.