Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

God of War III

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Mar 16, 2010

God of War III puts players back in the role of Kratos to continue his brutal and bloody war against Olympus as he sets his sights on Zeus himself.

So F-ing Pissed off! (Spoilers)

RavenX302

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By RavenX302

I breezed through titan mode, and mostly all of chaos mode...but I can't beat this fucking Zeus asshole once I am inside Giai. Has anyone else had troubles with this finally fight? Zeus by himself is easy, but then a bunch of Zeus's start to multiply one after another. Before I know it I can barely tell what is going on on the screen and I end up dead. I've been stuck on this fight for two days. 

What really pisses me off about this game is, unlike Demon Soul's and Ninja Gaiden (some may disagree with NG) is that I feel like a lot of the time it is not my fault I am dieing. I simply can not see what the hell is going on once Zeus spawns six or so dudes and he starts shooting bolts at me. The camera pans out and you get swarmed. I'm actually pretty good at using my golden fleece, but like I said they just spawn and spawn and I start to run out of magic and before I know I'm fucking dead again.

Does any else feel this game is a cheap on Chaos as me? Maybe I'm not that great of a GoW player, but I've never felt so damn cheated on so many of my deaths.

Thanks everyone.

canucks23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By canucks23

That's the point of chaos mode... to be complete horseshit. That's probably why they made the trophy for beating it on titan and not chaos

AltonBrown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By AltonBrown

See, the point is for you to experience Kratos' rage for yourself. Weld some lawnmower blades to chains and go FUCK DUDES UP.

PerryVandell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By PerryVandell

I wouldn't complain about something being really fucking difficult if you are a playing the highest difficulty a game offers.

Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Baillie

Clearly none of you play hard difficulty. 

@RavenX302: That does sound like a serious spike in difficulty. I'm going to get to that part in chaos and tell you how I get on. I may not reply for a while, but I will reply!

RavenX302

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By RavenX302
    @Fullmetal216: So a game being plain cheap in many places due to ridiculous panning out cameras and confusing effects on the screen is fine? Have you played this game on Chaos mode?
    Chuggsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Chuggsy

I had trouble with that fight on normal, haha. Can't even image it on chaos.

RavenX302

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By RavenX302
    @Baillie: It's not that it gets much harder as the game goes on. It is Manly just the odd camera angles and (in the case of Zeus) basically too much junk going on at once while the camera is panned way out. Fights like the one on Chronos had me die a lot in one spot (where you destroy that thing on his back and he grabs you with a bunch on baddies and places you another part him.) The camera fly's WAY out and you can't see nothing. 

It is not that these moments are hard, it is simply the game not giving you a chance to react in time to things due to its 'cinematic' camera angles...

If you beat Zeus, let me know how it goes!
    RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By RsistncE
    @RavenX302: 
    1) Use L1+O with the Cestus to knock every Zeus clone around you back. This move in general is very good for crowd control and even works on larger enemies like Minotaurs.

2)Make sure you are leeching health orbs from Gaia's heart.
    RavenX302

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By RavenX302
    @RsistncE: I've tried the spamming of L1+O, but have a lot of trouble the auto lock on, and if you fuck up once, you are close to death. 

I'll try the Cestus.
    Avatar image for deactivated-589b97df1f8d4
    deactivated-589b97df1f8d4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

There is a simple stragedy to beat him. First attack him til you are able to attack gaia's heart to heal your own life. Then once Zues starts multipling, use your spartan power but wait til he unleashes at least five of himself. This will kill all of his clones then your able to attack gaia's heart again. Repeat this process, Im sure you'll beat, might take awhile but should work.
    RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By RsistncE
    @RavenX302: L1+O with the Blades doesn't have the knockback effect at the end of the attack like the Cestus. With the Cestus, the end of the L1+O attack literally sends enemies who are caught by the attack flying.
    RavenX302

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By RavenX302
    @RsistncE: Would you try switching between blades and Cestus, or just use the Cestus constantly? Basically, does the slight lack of speed come from using the Cestus when attacking make much a difference in this fight?
    RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By RsistncE
    @RavenX302:  WIth the Cestus you're giving up range rather than speed. If you combine your R-stick lunge with your regular heavy and light attacks it is very fast weapon set once you get in close. Personally I used only the Blades against Zeus because I didn't have too much trouble with crowd control with the Zeus clones since I would use Army of Sparta to take most of them out if they surrounded me and then used Rage of Sparta since killing a whole bunch of them with Army of Sparta would farm you a bunch of gold orbs.

Try going it with a Cestus + Blades tactic. Use the Cestus' L1+O for crowd control and then switch back to the Blades when you focus on Zeus. If that still doesn't work possibly try the Cestus only. You'll get it eventually...the hardest difficulty on God of War games is pretty much a shit show because they're so difficult.

Also like I mentioned before, make sure you're leeching health orbs from Gaia's heart...it's pretty key to this fight.
    RavenX302

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By RavenX302
    @RsistncE: Thanks for the tips. I'll differently try this out.
    Avatar image for ultimatepunchrod
    ultimatepunchrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#16  Edited By ultimatepunchrod
    @RavenX302 said:

" I breezed through titan mode, and mostly all of chaos mode...but I can't beat this fucking Zeus asshole once I am inside Giai. Has anyone else had troubles with this finally fight? Zeus by himself is easy, but then a bunch of Zeus's start to multiply one after another. Before I know it I can barely tell what is going on on the screen and I end up dead. I've been stuck on this fight for two days.   What really pisses me off about this game is, unlike Demon Soul's and Ninja Gaiden (some may disagree with NG) is that I feel like a lot of the time it is not my fault I am dieing. I simply can not see what the hell is going on once Zeus spawns six or so dudes and he starts shooting bolts at me. The camera pans out and you get swarmed. I'm actually pretty good at using my golden fleece, but like I said they just spawn and spawn and I start to run out of magic and before I know I'm fucking dead again.  Does any else feel this game is a cheap on Chaos as me? Maybe I'm not that great of a GoW player, but I've never felt so damn cheated on so many of my deaths.  Thanks everyone. "

im not sure if you know but if you punch gaia's heart you get health so when i played through the first time i used the cestus and did the L1+square move to hit the heart and clear out some zeus doppelgangers at the same time. im working on chaos right now. its effin' brutal, but i love that kind of thing b/c i feel like im accomplishing something once ive beaten the game.
    RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By RsistncE
    @RavenX302: Crap I screwed up dude. I meant L1+Square when I said L1+O, which is analogous to the Cyclone of Chaos with the Blades which is also L1+Square. So yeah, use L1+Square with the Cestus :D
    PerryVandell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

#18  Edited By PerryVandell
    @RavenX302:  No, I haven't, because that would mean that I would be willing to punish myself by playing a difficulty that is perhaps, unfair because of just how difficult it is. If you want to play the hardest difficulty that's fine, but complaining about it being really hard and annoying doesn't really help your case. I never really found the camera to be that much of a problem but then again I played it on normal because I wanted to be able to enjoy the game.
    RavenX302

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By RavenX302
    @RsistncE: I beat the son of a bitch. Thanks for your help, I didn't want to start playing Resonance of Fate before I beat this dick.
    PillClinton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By PillClinton

Attack Gaia's heart for health and be absolutely flawless with the golden fleece (you really have to counter almost every attack).

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By TwoOneFive
    @100_Hertz said:
    " Attack Gaia's heart for health and be absolutely flawless with the golden fleece (you really have to counter almost every attack). "
    Avatar image for dancedancekennypants
    DanceDanceKennypants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@RavenX302: 

I got through it, but it wasn't easy.

Once Gaia's heart starts to glow, you can attack it for health orbs. Try and hit it from a diagonal angle with a nice long combo so that when Zeus shoots up to get his share of health, you'll catch him as well.

I stuck with the default Blades of Exile and beat it that way. You do need their mix of speed and range. Roll like crazy with the right stick, avoiding the clones and concentrating on Zeus himself. If in doubt, don't attack, keep rolling. You'll eventually knock down the clones with your magic when appropriate, but keep your magic and rage for when he's making four or five clones at a time.

Keep it up! You're almost done.
    Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#23  Edited By Shadow

Are you playing on a standard definition setup?  At least in HD, you can tell which is the real one because he's slightly more detailed

RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By RsistncE
    @RavenX302: No problem, happy to help :D
    popmasterruler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By popmasterruler
    @RavenX302: 

Whenever the clones start swarming all over you and you can't see whatever's going on,use army of sparta to protect yourself and damage them but make sure that you upgraded the blades of exile fully to maximize the damage.Just make sure to use it sparingly,only at those moments.Don't worry about running out though because when you kill the clones you'll get magic orbs to replenish your magic meter.
    Quacktastic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Quacktastic

I'm not there on Chaos but I've read that if you stay ranged with the bow, that he doesn't spawn clones.  Or at least as many.  I wanted to try it when I got there.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.