Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Gunpoint

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Jun 03, 2013

A 2D stealth/puzzle game from PC Gamer UK writer Tom Francis. As a private detective hired by a woman accused of murder, the player infiltrates buildings by hacking or "crosslinking" electrical systems to bypass heavy security.

Gunpoint big update, $2.49 next 48 hours

Crono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 6

I personally just bought this game and it's very fun. The game is on sale for $2.49 on Steam right now at 75% off it's regular price. This update also includes Steam Workshop support for downloading new levels. The game has a story that is as fun as the game. Anyway I just wanted to share because its a great game and couldn't be any cheaper. I know this sounds like a shill post but I'm just a gamer looking to spread the good word.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By BisonHero

Yeah, it's a cool game, and I really liked all the dialogue. Levels were cool too. Didn't like that the final upgrade is so OP that it trivializes everything other than the final level. Really great film noir style music (like, lounge jazz or whatever you'd call it).

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
    TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

I played the game for the first time a couple of months ago and loved it. Anyone who doesn't already own the game should buy it immediately. It's certainly worth everyone's time and money.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 15

Yes, it's a fun- although a tad short- game and if you haven't played it by now you should check it out.

$2.49 is a steal.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

Patch notes...I like this guy's style.

Our big Gunpoint patch has just gone live for everyone! It converts Gunpoint to a whole new engine and adds Steam Workshop, so you can see all the awesome new missions people have been making in the level editor. They are nuts. Here are the major changes:

• New engine, implemented by Abstraction Games. Should fix many technical issues and make the game run faster for everyone, and it'll enable us to develop Mac and Linux versions next.
    • Steam Workshop added, for browsing and sharing user-made levels. Yes, we listened to the 1,779 post petition you guys started even after we'd already announced we would do it.
    • Option to turn off swearing. Up to you whether this makes "Grow a ####ing #### and shove it up your ###" kid-safe.
    • Reconfigurable keyboard controls.
    • Vertical sync option. I didn't know we needed this, but the folks at Abstraction added it and now the animation is at least 23% more beautiful.
    • Level editor. The level editor has been in there since launch, but some people still ask for one so I'm just going to keep announcing I've added it until everyone knows it's there.
    • You can now place multiple elevators in a level without it crashing. That's more than I could do when I was making the game, so I expect your levels to be at least twice as good as mine.
    • If you have any technical troubles with the new version, you can still use the old one by going to Properties > Betas and selecting 'oldversion'. Post your issue on the forums too, so we can fix it.
    TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@mb: Given the quality of the writing in-game, I'm not surprised the patch notes are entertaining. Fantastic game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.