Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Halo: Reach

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Sep 14, 2010

A prequel to Halo: Combat Evolved, chronicling one of the most cataclysmic events of the Halo Universe through the eyes of a squad of Spartan super-soldiers known as Noble Team. It is also the last game in the series developed by Bungie.

Hmm Halo Reach!

little_Sparrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By little_Sparrow

I have to admit im not as big a gamer as I use to be and that may be due to getting married (insert funny face here) and this is my 2 blog on Giant Bomb the first one being about some tosser on Xbox live, so please excuse me being behind on the whole Halo Reach thing. So Halo Reach is it better and as ground breaking as the games before it…in a word no. Is it still a good game! Yes. I have to admit after playing the demo I was not overly impressed and thought that I would just by pass this game. So I managed to pick it up for a ten pounds, after trading in a few games and where the story mode is a little weak in places I found myself loving the multi player mode, being able to buy armor gave me a reason to work for the credits rather then just boosting up my rank. I did not miss a thing from Halo 3 like the duel weapons; I think they would be pointless in this game in honesty.

I have been enjoying the modes and new maps, SWAT can be a pain in the ass, but nothing is more satisfying then getting a triple kill with head shots. As much as I enjoy that I personally think that this is not the best game “story” wise for the Halo series and wished for something with a little more punch for my buck. I found the button lay out to be a pain, (yes I did change it back to the Halo 3 settings) so where some parts of this was weak, it was worth it for the Multi Player alone.

So anyway that was just my thoughts, nothing to in depth (read into that what you will) just thought I would share.

little_Sparrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By little_Sparrow

I have to admit im not as big a gamer as I use to be and that may be due to getting married (insert funny face here) and this is my 2 blog on Giant Bomb the first one being about some tosser on Xbox live, so please excuse me being behind on the whole Halo Reach thing. So Halo Reach is it better and as ground breaking as the games before it…in a word no. Is it still a good game! Yes. I have to admit after playing the demo I was not overly impressed and thought that I would just by pass this game. So I managed to pick it up for a ten pounds, after trading in a few games and where the story mode is a little weak in places I found myself loving the multi player mode, being able to buy armor gave me a reason to work for the credits rather then just boosting up my rank. I did not miss a thing from Halo 3 like the duel weapons; I think they would be pointless in this game in honesty.

I have been enjoying the modes and new maps, SWAT can be a pain in the ass, but nothing is more satisfying then getting a triple kill with head shots. As much as I enjoy that I personally think that this is not the best game “story” wise for the Halo series and wished for something with a little more punch for my buck. I found the button lay out to be a pain, (yes I did change it back to the Halo 3 settings) so where some parts of this was weak, it was worth it for the Multi Player alone.

So anyway that was just my thoughts, nothing to in depth (read into that what you will) just thought I would share.

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By ProfessorEss

For me there's just something fun about it that I can't put my finger on. 

I also really like the variations in multiplayer. One can play for hours on end and not see the same map/gametype combination twice. I can understand how this would bother serious fans who have an affinity for certian match-types but for me it will seriously delay my getting bored of it.

little_Sparrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By little_Sparrow
    @ProfessorEss: fully agree, the different types of game play really make Halo Reach work so well, I also enjoy the fact you now have more then two games to decide from at the start of matchmaking.  

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.