Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Halo: Reach

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Sep 14, 2010

A prequel to Halo: Combat Evolved, chronicling one of the most cataclysmic events of the Halo Universe through the eyes of a squad of Spartan super-soldiers known as Noble Team. It is also the last game in the series developed by Bungie.

What did you think of Halo Reach's E3 2010 game-play footage?

• 78 results
    Spartan14003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Spartan14003
    @apoptosis61 said:

"same shit.... "

• Halo Reach is indeed the same shit.

There's nothing new that we haven't seen before, except for:

• Blooming reticule
    • Fight along with other Spartans
    • Space Battles
    • Assassinations
    • Sandbox Levels
    • Armor Abilites
    • Costomizable and Matchmaking Firefight
    • ... oh, wait!

apoptosis61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By apoptosis61
    @Spartan14003 said:
    " @apoptosis61 said:

"same shit.... "

• Blooming reticule
    • Space Battles
    • Assassinations
    • Sandbox Levels
    • Armor Abilites
    • ... oh, wait!

"
    didnt want to say the game is rly shit:P i ment general the same
    Dantekiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 2

#53  Edited By Dantekiller
    @Spartan14003: in the end its still the same shit you can cover it with gold but in the end it still stinks sorry but im tired of halo
    Spartan14003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Spartan14003
    @apoptosis61 said:
    " @Spartan14003 said:
    " @apoptosis61 said:

"same shit.... "

• Blooming reticule
    • Space Battles
    • Assassinations
    • Sandbox Levels
    • Armor Abilites
    • ... oh, wait!

"
    didnt want to say the game is rly shit:P i ment general the same "

@Dantekiller said:
    " @Spartan14003: in the end its still the same shit you can cover it with gold but in the end it still stinks sorry but im tired of halo "

Well doesnt' that describe almost EVERY sequel? Very few sequels drastically change their formula, such as; Resident Evil 4, Super Mario Bros. 2 (Though it was technically a reshaped version of another game but with Mario characters), and  Dawn of War 2. There's nothing wrong with recycling the same game as long as the bring a few thigns new to keep it fresh and familiar, almost every sequel does that and it works fine. If you you're not interested in Halo Reach, that's fine.
    Kahoona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#55  Edited By Kahoona
    @Spartan14003 said:
    " @The_Laughing_Man said:
     (Don't worry, I'm not a Halo fanboy. To prove it: Halo 3's single-player and story was: bleh.)"
    This statement is absolutely hilarious.
    Spartan14003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Spartan14003
    @Kahoona said:
    " @Spartan14003 said:
    " @The_Laughing_Man said:
     (Don't worry, I'm not a Halo fanboy. To prove it: Halo 3's single-player and story was: bleh.)"
    This statement is absolutely hilarious. "

So just because I thought Halo 3's single-player was just "meh", still makes me a Halo fanboy? I've seen a boat load of Halo fanboys still defending Halo 3's 6 ot 7 hour short length.
    big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#57  Edited By big_jon

I loved the Demo, it was the game of E3 for me. The AI looked great and more fun to fight than ever, the graphics and music were both great and the amount of things going on at once on screen is simply amazing.

You know what I don`t get? All the ass  holes coming in and saying "Halo aint shitz killzone is far more leet!!!!111!!!!" You know what, Fuck you! I don`t go into your favorite games forum and post bias shit like this, so why do you come here and shit on the games that I love? I watched all the FPS demos at E3 and Reach took the cake for me, the others really did not impress. Killzone looked alright but I beat Kill Zone 2 and didn't think much of it minus the visuals and the same goes for Crysis. Haters can all fuck off, if you don`t like the game that is fine but this "OMG WORST GAME EVAR" mentality is just getting old and honestly just shows that your opinion has no credibility what so ever. 

Oh and hey atleast the AI in Halo is capable of more than just runing straight at you screaming non sensible crap in a deep British accent over and over agian.
    big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#58  Edited By big_jon
    @Globox82 said:
    "Looks like outdated crap compared to other big titles out there, i mean just look at Rage or Killzone 3 and then look at Halo reach lolz. Gears 3 before it looked freaking awesome and then came Reach joke. But Halo boys will eat it all up no worries. "

This is bias fanboy crap, unable to elaborate I see.  That is alright, I will be enjoying all three of these games while you are still spouting bullshit.
    Skytylz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Skytylz

I'm getting the game because I love halo multiplayer, but I really don't get the excitement over the space battles.  I bet it's just like the Banshee mission in Halo 2.

Edit: The trolls need to get out of the Halo forums too.  P.S. The gameplay video didn't really do shit for me because I've already played the game in the beta.

Spartan14003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Spartan14003
    @big_jon said:
    "I loved the Demo, it was the game of E3 for me.  You know what I don`t get? All the ass  holes coming in and saying "Halo aint shitz killzone is far more leet!!!!111!!!!" You know what, Fuck you! I don`t go into your favorite games forum and post bias shit like this, so why do you come here and shit on the games that I love?  I watched all the FPS demos at E3 and Reach took the cake for me, the others really did not impress. Killzone looked alright but I beat Kill Zone 2 and didn't think much of it minus the visuals and the same goes for Crysis.  Haters can all fuck off, if you don`t like the game that is fine but this "OMG WORST GAME EVAR" mentality is just getting old and honestly just shows that your opinion has no credibility what so ever.  Oh and hey atleast the AI in Halo is capable of more than just runing straight at you screaming non sensible crap in a deep British accent over and over agian. "

Whoa! Dude, just calm down. Not everyone here hated the gameplay footage nor said it was the "worst game ever" as you exaggerate it. Some just find it unappealing to them, because they just don't like Halo. Even though I was loved what I say in Halo Reach's gameplay footage, Crysis 2 gameplay footage was far more impressive. I think Reach will be the 2nd runn-up of the best FPS of the year, next to Crysis 2.
    ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#61  Edited By ProfessorEss
    @Globox82 said:

...i mean just look at Rage or Killzone 3

You know what I'd like really like to know.
    How is it that Killzone 3, after one poor and one mediocre game in the franchise, is still brought up whenever people are talking about the big-boys?
    I mean how many average games does this franchise have to release before people realise it's never becoming what it was supposed to become?

I mean, maybe Sony will get it right with 3, but if they don't do we just move on until 4 is announced and start talkin' this one up again?
    Skytylz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Skytylz
    @ProfessorEss said:
    " @Globox82 said:
    You know what I'd like really like to know. How is it that Killzone 3, after one poor and one mediocre game in the franchise, is still brought up whenever people are talking about the big-boys? I mean how many average games does this franchise have to release before people realise it's never becoming what it was supposed to become? "
    But it's in 3D!!!!! 

Rage, was my game of the show though.
    Spartan14003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Spartan14003
    @ProfessorEss said:
    " @Globox82 said:
    You know what I'd like really like to know. How is it that Killzone 3, after one poor and one mediocre game in the franchise, is still brought up whenever people are talking about the big-boys? I mean how many average games does this franchise have to release before people realise it's never becoming what it was supposed to become? "

Killzone 2 isn't an outright "bad" game, it's just lacks any distinguishing characteristics or personality. It was much better than it's terrible predescessor.
    ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#64  Edited By ProfessorEss
    @Spartan14003 said:

" @ProfessorEss said:

" @Globox82 said:
     Killzone 2 isn't an outright "bad" game, it's just lacks any distinguishing characteristics or personality. It was much better than it's terrible predescessor. "
    That's what I was sayin.
    One bad game, and one pretty good one does not a juggernaut franchise make. :)
    Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Spoonman671

I thought it looked pretty cool.  I've never had any interest in Halo, but between Reach and ODST, I was beginning to think that the series might be something I'd be into.  Of course Gears 3 also looked pretty awesome, and these games have all got me considering taking the gamble that is inherent to a 360 purchase.  However, since I won't pay for XBL, I have no reason to rush to buy and will wait until I see some updated failure rate reports from somebody other than Microsoft.

Back on topic, I'm curious about how space controls feel.  Will the ship right itself relative to an imaginary up and down like Rogue Squadron, or will it be totally open like Jedi Starfighter?

fjordson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By fjordson

Thought it looked great. I've always been a Halo fan, and after playing the MP beta I'm really looking forward to this. 

Halo is a popular franchise so there's always going to be people that needlessly bash it. Every game has been positively reviewed and has sold millions upon millions of copies. At the end of the day, Bungie knows how to make a solid first person shooter. 

Others may just legitimately not enjoy it, which is perfectly fair, it all comes down to personal taste. I have zero fun playing Modern Warfare 2, but there's a massive number of people out there who love it. More power to 'em.   

Also, Bungie is moving away from Halo after this so I've got   no problem with them releasing Reach. It feels different enough from Halo 3, IMO, to make it worthwhile.

withateethuh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#68  Edited By withateethuh

I'm not a big halo fun, but this looks much more interesting than halo 3.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#69  Edited By Sooty

I'm really bored of Halo, but I'll end up giving this a play. Although the beta was pretty terrible I thought. :(

Griddler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 15

#70  Edited By Griddler

Yeah I'm excited, far from my game of show though.

J0n3s1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By J0n3s1

Well it looked better than Halo 3..

Avatar image for randominternetuser
    RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

It looked good for fans of Halo, but I'm not into Halo very much anymore, so I didn't care too awful much about it.

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Cloudenvy

I thought the E3 footage looked..Decent.

DoctorOptimist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By DoctorOptimist

The ground combat was pretty underwhelming, it wasn't as epic as Bungie had promised and it wasn't any bigger than previous games in the series. The Space Combat looked really good though, it was more epic and hectic than the ground combat that they've shown. The graphics look miles ahead of Halo 3, it's definitely looking to be one of the most visually stunning Xbox360 exclusives. However, it doesn't look no where near as good as Gears of War 3.

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Cloudenvy
    @DoctorOptimist said:
    " The ground combat was pretty underwhelming, it wasn't as epic as Bungie had promised and it wasn't any bigger than previous games in the series. The Space Combat looked really good though, it was more epic and hectic than the ground combat that they've shown. The graphics look miles ahead of Halo 3, it's definitely looking to be one of the most visually stunning Xbox360 exclusives. However, it doesn't look no where near as good as Gears of War 3. "
    I agree that the ground combat was annoyingly underwhelming. Space Combat looked cool but forgettable in my opinion.
    DoctorOptimist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By DoctorOptimist
    @Cloudenvy: Well it can't dismiss is a merely "forgettalbe", as we have yet to experiance it. It certainly looks like a nice change of pace for the game, to add variety to the mix. It's only going to be one part of the game, but I hear positive reception for it at E3 previews. I just hope the game delivers on Bungies promise of having 40 Covenant enemies on screen at once, that would seriously lead up to epic battles and dynamic combat. It won't be as big as the Call of Duty series, but it will be less scripted and feature more adaptive A.I. opposed to COD's mindless drones. I'm still looking forward to the game after reading previews for it, there's going to be more mission variety than Halo 2 & 3 this time. Then again, it could be just marketing and hype bluff from Bungie. I hope Bungie doesn't screw this up, I was already disappointed by Halo 3, hell, I was even disappointed by Halo 2. 

One thing is for sure though, Emile looks pretty damn badass.
    Cold_Wolven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Cold_Wolven

The space battle was definately the most exciting thing to watch in the trailer, something that is different from the previous games but looks like a ton of fun.
    Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Cloudenvy
    DoctorOptimist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By DoctorOptimist
    @Cloudenvy: Hahahaha! Well, hopefully he will be a better developed character than Ghost from Modern Warfare 2. That way, I can feel empathic when he dies. :P
    Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Cloudenvy
    @DoctorOptimist:  

Hopefully...Anyways, I will now go to bed since it's 4:05am where I live. 

Later Duders.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.