Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Halo

Franchise »

The franchise that defined the Xbox, Halo contains some of the most popular games ever released. The Halo FPS titles are revered for their excellent gamepad control and high-quality online multiplayer. The franchise now contains novels, soda tie-ins, an RTS spin-off, toys, and more.

Halo 4???

spartan1017

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By spartan1017

So, I know that Halo Reach isn't even out yet, but pre-ordering the game yesterday got me thinking, since this is Bungie's (supposedly) last Halo game, who should make the next one. Obviously 343 Industries will oversee it, but who will man the wheel per se? We've all heard about Gearbox but I think it's safe to say they're not going to be doing Halo anytime soon with Duke Nukem and their prolonged support of Borderlands. So who else is out there that could do the series justice, retain everything that's loved about the game but take it to places as well?
    I honestly have no idea.
    What do you think?

Sound off...

valrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By valrog

Microsoft Game Studios.

PerryVandell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By PerryVandell

I was under the impression that 343 was going to make it and Microsoft Game Studios would be the publisher.

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By wefwefasdf
    @Fullmetal216 said:
    " I was under the impression that 343 was going to make it and Microsoft Game Studios would be the publisher. "
    I had the same impression. 
    coreytn81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By coreytn81

You answered your own question. 343 Industries, an internal division of Microsoft along with former Bungie players Frank O'Connor and Nathan Walpole with continue making games within the Halo franchise.

MAN_FLANNEL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By MAN_FLANNEL

I believe 343 has become or will become a full developer.  The next game will most likely be called "Forerunner" or "Halo: Forerunner", not "Halo 4".  They are supposedly making a new trilogy. 

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By zombie2011

343 Industries. 

Also it's not supposedly Bungie's last Halo game, it is there last Halo game. MS owns the franchise now. 

spartan1017

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By spartan1017
    @MAN_FLANNEL:  The Halo Forerunner trilogy is actually a book series being penned by Greg Bear.

@zombie2011: Actually, Microsoft has always owned the franchise.

And as of right now, 343 is just a team that oversees everything Halo.

But more to my point, I want to know what [plausible] dev people want to see behind the Halo franchise...
    gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

Honestly I'd like things to just be left where they are and for Microsoft not to publish any non-Bungie Halo games but if anything gets developed it's going to be by 343 Industries.

napalmtrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By napalmtrees
    @MAN_FLANNEL said:
    " I believe 343 has become or will become a full developer.  The next game will most likely be called "Forerunner" or "Halo: Forerunner", not "Halo 4".  They are supposedly making a new trilogy.  "
    I GOT IT.  Halo: 4runner.
    FreakAche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#11  Edited By FreakAche

I think you're getting confused with the Gearbox thing. Wasn't the story that some Gearbox guys were going over to 343? I don't think Gearbox was ever supposed to be working on the next Halo.

DoctorWelch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By DoctorWelch

The better question is "What will Halo 4 be about". I dont mind bringing back Master Chief, but it cant be too cheesy. Also, I think Halo 4 shouldnt be called Halo 4, maybe Halo: Something of the Something Something, or Halo: Something Something, or Halo: Somthing of Something. Either way, continuing the Covenant+Flood story stuff would make me hate it, but if they actually took a leap of faith and made some bold decisions with the lore/story and maybe even gameplay I think it could be really interesting. Basically I am saying if they rely to heavily on the previous Halo stuff than I will be like "Eh, *fart noise*", but if they include Master Chief and form a new motivation for the game that isnt super run of the mill space story, than I will be pretty interested.

spartan1017

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By spartan1017
    @FreakAche: 
    No ever said they were, but there were rumors because around the time that Bungie became independent Randy Pitchford said there next project would be HUGE. Also, given the fact that Gearbox did the PC port of Halo CE and their (at the time) recent postponement of the Alien Colonial Marines game, it seemed plausible.

Here's the story from joystick:
     http://www.joystiq.com/2008/08/25/oxm-rumor-gearbox-developing-halo-4-as-launch-title-for-next-xb/ 

Honestly, I don't want another Halo game. Every game franchise should be allowed to die in its prime so that it can be remembered well instead of being run into the ground so that everyone hates it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.