Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Halo

Franchise »

The franchise that defined the Xbox, Halo contains some of the most popular games ever released. The Halo FPS titles are revered for their excellent gamepad control and high-quality online multiplayer. The franchise now contains novels, soda tie-ins, an RTS spin-off, toys, and more.

Quick question.

retrometal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By retrometal

I have owned and played Halo 1, 2 and 3.  I never owned ODST, but I've been feeling compelled to pick it up for the multiplayer, but I try to limit how much I spend on games so basically my question is, is it worth it to pick up ODST when Reach is so close, or would it kind of be a waste of money.

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By TaliciaDragonsong

While ODST is a great game with a fun story, some exploring, firefight and the entire Halo 3 multi exra, I don't think it's worth it with Reach around the corner.
    Reach will also offer Firefight (the one thing ODST had over Halo 3) but with matchmaking and way more features overall.

Safe bet that most of the Halo 3 players will jump to Reach too.

mwng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By mwng

Maybe to familiarize yourself with the rules of firefight? But with Reach out in about a month I don't think you're missing much.  

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

It depends a bit on how much you like Halo but it should be noted that ODST was never created to be a large single player experience. It has a short campaign and the firefight mode in there and if you're really into the Halo 3 multiplayer it has a disc with that on it along with all the map packs, however considering that Halo: Reach is going to have its own multiplayer you may find this content somewhat redundant in the near future.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.