**********SIGN UP IS CLOSED AT THIS TIME*************
A surprising number of you expressed interest in participating in a Hearthstone tournament. I've never run one but will do my best. I don't want to put a ton of structure behind this since it's just for fun, but it's kind of a necessary evil. Also if someone wants to put together a logo or banner, that'd be swell. Here's what I've got...
Signup: Now - May 31
Tournament Start: June 1st
Tournament End: ?
Format: King of the Hill (Best of 3, single elimination, see rules for more information)
- North America servers
- Each round will last 4 days
- Each round is best of 3, the semi finals and finals will be best of 5.
- Submit 3 "decks" upon signing up, each being from a different class. You are locked into these "decks" for the duration of the tournament (so no hard countering between match-ups or games)
- The winner continues to play their deck (no modifications)
- The loser picks from one of their available, unused decks. (no modifications)
- Previously used decks "unlock" between rounds.
- Winner reports results (along with the record for the set)
In a perfect world, you'd be required to submit a deck list prior to the tournament. Since there is currently no spectator mode, and this is just for fun anyway... we'll just go off the honor system and ask you don't switch decks between rounds (don't use HandLock in one round and ZooLock in another) or make any hard counters between games. Thus, .
- You are free to change your classes after you sign up until until June 1st. Please PM any changes.
- Do not tell your opponent which class you'll be using prior to the start of your match.
- Please use this thread to schedule your games. In the event you don't get your game in, if there appears to be a genuine effort made on your part to get your game in, I'll give you the win and advance you.
- In the event of a disconnect, be mature and discuss what you want to do. In the event you can't, I'll moderate and decide accordingly. (If you feel compelled to broadcast or record your games, I can use that as "evidence" of sorts).
- This is just for fun, a little BM is fine, but don't be a dick.
5/24 Update - We gained a huge number of participants today. Thank you so much everyone for your interest and spreading the word! Right now we're sitting at 28 participants, I don't think we'll sniff it, but just in-case I'm going to cap this at 64 participants. Also - - please let me know so I can try and pair you up with someone in your neck of the woods. I can't guarantee I'll be able meet everyone's needs but will do my best. Please don't take it personally if I can't.
5/25 Update - We're at a 33 people right now which is fantastic. As it stands right now, there would likely be a "play-in" game of sorts that consists of the first round. This will be completely random. Since the entire bracket will be posted, everyone else will be free to start scheduling and playing their first game - giving 30 people a total of 8 days to get their first match in. I've found a few sites I can use for the bracket, I'm just looking for one that will allow me a little more customization. Also - the tournament will be composed of 4 smaller brackets ala the NCAA Basketball tournament. Any ideas for GiantBomb themed names?
5/29 Update - Putting out a last call on this so I can get the tournament together and live tomorrow. Sign up cutoff is Friday, 5/30 at 12:00 PM CDT.