Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Hearthstone

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Mar 11, 2014

A Free-to-Play collectible card game by Blizzard Entertainment set in the Warcraft universe.

Journey to Un'Goro Pre-release Discussion Thread

• 70 results
    Acura_Max

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By Acura_Max

Curious Glimmerroot seems like a complex card to understand. I'm not exactly sure how it works. So here is a video of Firebat explaining it. He revealed the card so he should have some insight on it.

https://youtu.be/Qdl73nvYjrs

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Volcanosaur - Seems like a decent arena card.

Gluttonuous Ooze - It's straight up better than the Toxic Sewer Ooze they released last time.

The Queen Marsh/ Queen Carnassa - Now we know why Hunter got that 5 mana 3/5 that lets you draw 2 1-drops. Sounds like hunter could be transitioning back into a full aggro deck but we shall see.

Quid_Pro_Bono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@acura_max: Glimmerroot provides you with a choice of 3 cards like discover, one of which was in your opponent's decklist at some point. If you pick that card, you get a copy of it in your hand.

The Marsh Queen/Queen Carnassa seems extremely odd to me. Hunter isn't Warlock, so without a draw engine they have the very real danger of running out of cards. They also don't have enough 1 mana minions available to build a strong deck around them. On top of this, it doesn't really seem like a bunch of 3/2 draw a card minions is strong enough?

Acura_Max

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@quid_pro_bono: Yeah I was confused as to why people were saying getting a card from Glimmerroot was highly probable. I assumed that you didn't get to see the cards face up and you had to guess. Firebat's video cleared that up for me.

Blizzard also said that the cards were going to be class cards. So it's getting to be a bit tougher to pick between them if you were choosing between angry chicken and holy nova.

Quid_Pro_Bono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@acura_max: Does that mean there will be 2 class cards that aren't from your opponent's deck? So basically as long as you know what class cards are generally run in each deck you should be ok. Still is a skill test on meta knowledge/wide knowledge of deck choices so I like it.

Noobsmog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

That hunter quest could potentially be really good. The problem is playing 7 cards is a lot more than it seems so they also need to be getting some sort of draw mechanic for 1 mana minions for it to work.

Quid_Pro_Bono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@noobsmog: Yeah. Tol'vir Warden is nice draw for 1 mana cards but that doesn't come until turn 5, which seems way too late.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Volcanosaur is okay, Ooze is really good, Mana Bind is alright but kind of easy to play around (might be good in like a year or something when people forget it exists), Vilespine is ridiculous, Living Mana is impossible to evaluate, Mirage Caller would be good with Sylvanas and Rag, Corrupting Mist is kind of nuts but doesn't fit what warlocks want to do currently, Lost in the Jungle is good but super lazy; in another 15 expansions every class will have 2 1/1s for 1 mana and random card draw + 1/1 for 1 mana, Molten Blade is fun, Marsh Queen is crazy if you can get it to work; tough one for hunters, Mana Treant is literally a card from Shadowverse.

Quid_Pro_Bono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Quid_Pro_Bono

@fredchuckdave: Mana Treant is the uncollectible that spawns from Living Mana, I believe. Since those are Deathrattles, it makes Living Mana even worse since you can silence the tokens.

Edit: I read the new Ooze wrong, thought you gained armor equal to the durability. Absolutely insane card, enough on its own to completely kill pirate warrior.

Acura_Max

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

New card to pair up with your kindly grandmother. It kind of reminds me of that one 2 mana 3/2 that changed your minion into something. I forgot what that was called, but I do remember that it was as a tech card at most. Perhaps this will fare better since you can pick what happens to your minion. Then again, cards that require certain types of cards on the board usually don't work very well. I think this has a chance since hunter has some sticky minions such kindly grandmother and maybe alleycat

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@acura_max: Recombobulator. Yeah, it seemed like a prototype of the Evolve mechanic, but it never had any place in any deck, compared to how broken the rest of GvG was. It was only really good to recombobulate a low-statted Battlecry minion. Recombobulating an Ancient of Lore or Keeper of the Grove was kind of amusing to me, back when those were real cards.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Fredchuckdave

@acura_max: It's basically Argent Protector but better in every way except it only works on beasts. The Flexibility is definitely better than raw Divine Shield; and the extra attack point is very relevant on turn 2/3.

@bisonhero: Recombob is good in any slow meta because of how good 6 and 8 mana minions are, that said slow metas are ancient history. Jade will ensure that in the future as well.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Fredchuckdave

Reminder, Hearthstone is a great game; just no one plays it that way (because winning 52% of the time is more engaging or something):

Loading Video...

Acura_Max

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Now we have a control warrior card! I wonder how good this card will be since it will also destroy your minions or force you to trade off the damaged ones. Furthermore, is this minion good enough that you can wait til turn 9 for it? It's possible since rag is rotating out and warrior might add this card to supplement baron geddon. But that could be a stretch.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Fredchuckdave

@acura_max: It's an Anti Jade card, would be good as a 6 mana 5/5 or something; since they went giant minion they may as well have just made it a 10 mana 13/13 so it had something else going on. (And print a coin/0 mana whirlwind/death's bite 2.0 for warriors)

Acura_Max

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Acura_Max

Another round of new cards! Also, wednesday, they will start giving out free gold and packs until the start of the expansion. The final reward should be a golden volcanosaur.

March 2950 gold
    March 30 Mean Streets of Gadgetzan card pack
    March 31100 Dust
    April 1 Whispers of the Old Gods card pack
    April 2Journey to Un’Goro card pack
    April 350 gold
    April 4Journey to Un’Goro card pack
    April 5*

*To receive the golden Volcanosaur card reward, you will need to log in with a Hearthstone client that has been fully updated for Journey to Un'Goro.

Quid_Pro_Bono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

I've skipped a few kind of boring cards but have returned to report that Hearthstone has just received one of its most interesting cards ever. Hemet, Jungle Hunter is a well-statted 6 drop with a super creative and useful battlecry.

Initially, people who aren't super experienced with card games may think that this card is bad. This new Hemet enables you to deck thin, which is a mechanic that a very few cards in Hearthstone have done (Mysterious Challenger, Finja, Mad Scientist, etc) but not in such a direct way. Basically, once you're into the middle of the game, drop Hemet and ensure that you'll no longer dead draw. Or, accelerate your combo. Or remove your innervates and wild growths from your Astral Communion deck. Or, for a more creative example, consider Singleton/Highlander decks. If you want to still trigger your Kazakus, Raza, Solia, or Krul (and Reno in wild!) and still have a consistent early game, double up all you want on 0-3 cost cards. When it comes time to play your win condition you'll be able to delete the copies from your deck, and also increase your chance to draw the important card.

Another really cool option is to put this in your Hunter quest The Marsh Queen deck. If you fill the deck with lots of 1 drops and a few strong 3+ cost cards to ensure you complete the quest asap, but play Hemet before you play Queen Carnassa, you can thin your deck to just your powerful cards and then add the 1 drop 3/2 draw a card raptors from Carnassa after the fact, allowing every turn to be an unending tide of raptors and strong cards like Savannah Highmane and Call of the Wild.

Overall, this card enables some really cool interactions and probably will have decks built around it I haven't even thought of yet. It's really cool and I hope they add more cards like this to the game.

Acura_Max

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A bunch of cards were revealed. So let's take a look at them! (Also don't forget that tomorrow Ben Brode will be revealing the rest of the Un'Goro Cards).

Galvadon - Now that the quest has been revealed, is it worth it to have him in your deck? I guess that will depend on whether handbuff paladin fulfills this quest. Otherwise, I can only imagine an aggro paladin that gets lucky by getting divine favor in hand.

Blazecaller - This card has a really nice effect. I wonder if this will be enough to bring back fire elemental back into the game since you can curve it out very nicely.

Tyrantus - It's a big card! But Druid probably won't play it unless ramp druid becomes a thing again. It will likely see the same problem that Soggoth had where it was too slow to see play.

Tokens

Acura_Max

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Acura_Max

Holy crap. Opnions are changing for Tyrantus. This looks insane if you ignore the part where Frodan was able to destroy druid with priest by just curving out.

Frodan's opponent was able to get a 15/9 Galvadon on turn 6 with stealth and windfury. That was pretty insane. I predict aggro paladin might become a thing thanks to this little guy

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Primalfin is too easy to counter and pretty much shuts down the whole deck if it gets countered.

Mage quest is just a crappy dimension shift, works well with giants in fringe specific cases but is hard to get to work for spells without a ton of card draw; not to mention activating the quest will be totally random each game.

MeMonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By MeMonk

I tell you what the priest quest is very lame. Quest should not start in your hand but count it as the game goes along like C'thun.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.