Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Hideo Kojima

Person » credited in 60 games

Hideo Kojima is a game developer, producer, and director who has spent the bulk of his career making games in the Metal Gear series. He formerly ran his own studio at Konami called Kojima Productions.

Über Musik-Fernsehen Videospiel-Preise

• 76 results
    jeff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 20

Edited By jeff
    Das Bloodenhounden Gangen
    MTV Germany took a break from running Bloodhound Gang videos last week in order to put together its own video game awards show. There are a bunch of videos from the event over on the show's official site, but they seem like they're only viewable by Germans. Germans who are in Germany.

As a partial German who isn't in Germany, I'll just have to settle for this clip of the lifetime achievement award presented to Hideo Kojima by Jade Raymond.

Actually, the best part of this whole thing is that they have little English catchphrases for each of their main awards. So the best in-game item award is marked "Living In A Box," which went to Portal's Portal Gun, beating out the Bienenkostum from Super Mario Galaxy, the Zeus Boxhandschuh from God of War: Chains of Olympus, and the Discokugel from Ratchet und Clank on the PS3.

The Best Boss award went to Screaming Mantis from Metal Gear Solid 4. Oh, and that award is marked "Bad Motherfucker." Ich werde sehr durch dieses beeindruckt.
    jeff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By jeff
    MTV Germany took a break from running Bloodhound Gang videos last week in order to put together its own video game awards show. There are a bunch of videos from the event over on the show's official site, but they seem like they're only viewable by Germans. Germans who are in Germany.

As a partial German who isn't in Germany, I'll just have to settle for this clip of the lifetime achievement award presented to Hideo Kojima by Jade Raymond.

Actually, the best part of this whole thing is that they have little English catchphrases for each of their main awards. So the best in-game item award is marked "Living In A Box," which went to Portal's Portal Gun, beating out the Bienenkostum from Super Mario Galaxy, the Zeus Boxhandschuh from God of War: Chains of Olympus, and the Discokugel from Ratchet und Clank on the PS3.

The Best Boss award went to Screaming Mantis from Metal Gear Solid 4. Oh, and that award is marked "Bad Motherfucker." Ich werde sehr durch dieses beeindruckt.
    daniel_beck_90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By daniel_beck_90

I wish I knew German so I could translate the topic's name  lol

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By mrfluke

ah germans..... 

wonder if jeff is seriously part german
    ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 19

#4  Edited By ZombiePie

I just learned how to swear in German...AWESOME!!!

coonce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 12

#5  Edited By coonce

*weird*

Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By Meowayne

The topic title says "About MTV Game-Awards", which doesn't really make sense grammatically, and is quite pointless to begin with, as the MTV Game Awards are called "MTV Game Awards" in Germany.

"Ich werde sehr durch dieses beeindruckt" is also nonsensical.

You would've thought that with Germany being the biggest gaming market (in numbers) in Europe, people in the twenty-first century would be able to report about the country without the sneering undertone, but the Interwebs continues to prove me wrong. Way to go, giantbomb.

elbow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By elbow

First off... is Kojima-san tappin' that? Gotta give him credit, he's got deep skills!

Second off, best boss award goes to Screaming Mantis? Who ever picked that must have felt totally, and I mean totally taken over by the nostalgia that was that quick minute of Psycho Mantis because that was, in my opinion the worst Boss in the entire game.

Seriously, Screaming Mantis beat out Liquid Ocelot final encounter? Liquid Ocelot in Ray? Wait wait wait! You mean to tell me it won the award over all video game bosses this year?

Those kookey, crazy Germans...

Ps. I also gotta say that the last 10 seconds or so when he says that he will not retire and continue to make games as long as he lives, gaves me goosebumps... *runs to his PS3 and puts in MGS4*

FCKSNAP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By FCKSNAP

Don't be so sour Meowayne, German might as well be  a dead alien language here, Spanish is the primary second language taught in schools, so Jeff is actually doing you a favor. And when we think of Europe, we think of France and/or the UK.

And yeah, Mantis was one of the weaker boss fights in the game.

Bulldog19892

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Bulldog19892

Topic title: at music Videos - television Video - prizes (something like that?)

Last sentence: self shall very by this impresses. (...maybe)

That's the best I could get. They're literal translations.

jeff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By jeff
    Meowayne said:
    You would've thought that with Germany being the biggest gaming market (in numbers) in Europe, people in the twenty-first century would be able to report about the country without the sneering undertone, but the Interwebs continues to prove me wrong. Way to go, giantbomb.

You would think someone so concerned with a "sneering undertone" would be able to recognize nonsensical fun with a machine translator as harmless goofing around, but you've proven me wrong. Way to go, Meowayne.
    Bulldog19892

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Bulldog19892

So trying to translate some German phrases into English using an online translator constitutes as a "sneering undertone" now? When the hell did that happen?

PitifullPete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By PitifullPete

lol im a german gamer in the us ;)

onenar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By onenar

Title: about music tv video awards

Last Line: I will be very impressed by this.

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By MrKlorox

I knew three years of German class would get me more than wasted time falling in love with a chick who ended up being lesbian. "Highschool is the best era of our lives" ... my ballsack.

kraznor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#15  Edited By kraznor

Kind of early for a lifetime achievement award. And somehow Jade Raymond sounded kind of insincere the whole time, wonder if she even played MGS.

Metamorphic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Metamorphic
    Für Getreide sind Videospiele, Jeff süß!

breton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#17  Edited By breton

Ummm.. was that the whole acceptance speech?

Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Meowayne
        "So trying to translate some German phrases into English using an online translator constitutes as a "sneering undertone" now? When the hell did that happen?"
        You would think someone so concerned with a "sneering undertone" would be able to recognize nonsensical fun with a machine translator as harmless goofing around, but you've proven me wrong. Way to go, Meowayne

I'm sorry, the way my post was put together it seemed that the last paragraph was in some way connected to the ones above it. It wasn't. I wasn't complaining about nonsensical german.

And you can replace "sneering undertone" with "ridiculing undertones" which I know are "harmless goofing around" but become annoying after a hundred times.

The gaming market, while pretty huge in the country, as well as gamers themselves have an extremely bad reputation in the general public, especially in television. Very few years ago, the blame for certain school shootings was put on Counterstrike on every major television channel. And now, shortly after games were officially recognized as objects of cultural value , MTV goes ahead and puts a huge budget into a video game based award show, while the Games Convention continues to grow.

Yeah, this is kind of a big deal.

And giantbombs contribution? A picture of a weird-bearded bavarian (of course), excessive mentioning of the Hoff (right) and the Bloodhoud gang (what?), and an armada of language related fun.

With the increasing popularity and importance of this site, I just kinda expected better. : /

At least make fun of the really ridiculous stuff. MTV is not allowed to talk about, show or mention the likes of Dead Space, Call of Duty and Gears of War 2, because that would expose ("advertise") those games to minors, which is forbidden by law.
    Now THERE's something to make fun about.

Bulldog19892

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Bulldog19892

I doubt some GiantBomb goofiness is going to make a huge difference in the German gaming community.

Wright

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Wright

lol Kojima was like "wtf? is this a rubik's cube?"

br34ker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By br34ker

I'm from germany and I also don't like it when websites make fun of my country or language all the freaking time. BUT it's just not worth the energy to complain about it :-) I just wonder sometimes why not every country gets the "funny treatment". Back to topic: I think it's safe to say, that nobody in germany cares about the MTV Games Awards *g* I would guess it just gets attention from websites because Jade Raymond is in the clip ;-)

dim499

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By dim499

Give me some lighthearted American cultural ignorance presented in a fun way over your sulkiness any day, Meowayne. And let's face it, we made the Bloodhound gang into multimillionaires. We have no one to blame but ourselves.

elbow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By elbow
    br34ker said:
    "I'm from germany and I also don't like it when websites make fun of my country or language all the freaking time. BUT it's just not worth the energy to complain about it :-) I just wonder sometimes why not every country gets the "funny treatment". Back to topic: I think it's safe to say, that nobody in germany cares about the MTV Games Awards *g* I would guess it just gets attention from websites because Jade Raymond is in the clip ;-)"
    No one likes that.

Imagine if you came in here and say all Americans are just a bunch of redneck inbreds driving around in pickups while shooting off their 12 gauges and screaming that America is the best damn country in the United States? Or that Canadians are just a bunch of beer drinking psycopaths who play hockey just so they can brake each others faces and to fight over who gets the largest share in maple syrup for the pancakes that are coming after?

It's relative, but the guys at Giantbomb aren't like that, they joke around, not only do they crack jokes about you and me, but they do so of themselves.
    Manatassi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Manatassi

"all the Americans 's heritage come from around the world;  in other word America is  combination of the people around the globe    , German , Scottish , British,   Japaneses ,African  , Italian , Mexican   , Canadian , ....you name it   . based on Christopher Columbus 's comment who discovered America   the very real Americans were Indian . !!!!  "

Seriously? 

?

Do I need to point out the problems with that comment or can I just assume its safe for us all to just point and laugh? :P

Anyway...   The Germans who have been offended by the constant slew of national stereo typing really need to realize that this is an American site. 

Haven't you noticed that American's have no knowledge of the outside world other than a constant slew of National and Racial stereotyping? I mean seriously they really have such an insular society over there in the "Land of the free" as opposed to us Slaves in the rest of the world who barely exist as anything other than a strange side note in their mental calculation of the world! They even swear allegiance to their flag in school for goodness sake bunch of redneck tobacco chewing line dance loving patriotic lunatics who constantly make up stupid stories to attack other people for their oil!!!!!!!

Yes I am making an ironic statement. (Bush aside)

The point is that most cultures stereo type others Personally I'm from the UK we tend to get sick of the normal american stereotype that London is the only place in the bloody country and that we all like Tea and biscuits (that don't come in a strange can and resemble cheese scones). On the other hand we CONSTANTLY refer to Germans as Gerrys and cant seem to get over the fact that we had an argument a few years back over invading Poland or something. 

National stereotyping kinda sucks but there's not allot of point getting upset or even bothered by it unless you really want a plentiful and constant reason to be pissed of at the Americans...  

Never mind go ahead :)
    SpecTackle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By SpecTackle

Germany is serious business on the internet, Jeff. You're on the verge of creating many rifts in your own community with your consistent lack of kid gloves on every topic that grazes the front page news. The next thing you know, your journalistic integrity is going to be called into question with every review you publish, and the foundation of Giant Bomb will be lost to some rogue employee that refused to conform to your non-professional approach to covering a very serious industry.

Your tyranny stops here and now, or so help me; I will send a very stern letter to Whiskey Media. Perhaps even a series of stern letters.

sirflo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By sirflo
    While I'm from a german-speaking European country I laughed when I read Jeff's post.

It's actually the MTV Awards Show that in some respects deserves to be made fun of.
    Categories like "Bad Motherfucker" & "You got the style" sound cheesy and ridiculous.
    During the show they played awful clips like this one at 4:45 : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iimgfE2v4Uo (I think the whole show can be found on the youtubes).

Enough with the ramblings. I agree with Meowayne's post above:
    MTV's Game Awards is an important step in the right direction to get  attention from the general public.
    I'm looking forward to MTV's Game Awards 2009 - hopefully hosted in a more professional way.
    daniel_beck_90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By daniel_beck_90

CynageN said:
    "Germany is serious business on the internet, Jeff. You're on the verge of creating many rifts in your own community with your consistent lack of kid gloves on every topic that grazes the front page news. The next thing you know, your journalistic integrity is going to be called into question with every review you publish, and the foundation of Giant Bomb will be lost to some rogue employee that refused to conform to your non-professional approach to covering a very serious industry.

Your tyranny stops here and now, or so help me; I will send a very stern letter to Whiskey Media. Perhaps even a series of stern letters."

Edit : why are you  so nationalists / racist  ? 
     I am glad I have never met a guy like you  in person , how about cursing me as well ! C,mon do it  !!!   - can not believe what CynageN wrote to Jeff -
    DerBonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By DerBonk

I don't know what it is with us Germans, we take ourselves so seriously most of the time. German Rap/RnB singer Jan Delay made a great song about that: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSawwHpIQzs "Seit dem ist hier zu Lande alles finster, für Stil und Humor herrschten 70 Jahre Winter, ja, der Flavour is braun und der, der Ruf im Arsch und wir haben keinen Stock, sondern 'nen Wald im Arsch." (Since then everything in this country is dark, there were 70 years of winter for style and humor, yeah, the flavour's brown and the reputation gone (up the ass, actually) and we don't have a stick, but a forest up our ass.) The song is aptly called "Potatoes" which is making fun of the German love for said vegetable. So much about us Germans is ridiculous, our language, Lederhosen, and so on, so just calm down and laugh about it. We make fun about Americans just the same way. Or Brits. Or the French (especially the French!).

Seriously Jeff, I thought your article was funny and in no way offensive, just goofy, the way I expect an article like this to be. On topic though, I agree with my fellow Germans, Gaming has a really, really bad reputation in this country and it is a very difficult environment for gamers, epsecially gamers like us, who read blogs, post here and are nearly fanatic about it (Leigh Alexander just wrote a very good post on Kotaku about the difference between the majority of gamers and "us" http://feeds.gawker.com/~r/kotaku/full/~3/GbnwM7r6Aeg/i-gamer).  Yes, that a show like this exists is a huge step forward. But it's also two steps back, at least with this show. It was so painful to watch, grossly misrepresenting who gamers are and what or why they play.

The video you can watch above was the very best part of the entire evening. Jade was the only person on stage (who said more than just a few sentences), who was not a faux-gangsta rapper/singer/comedian/MTV host. German MTV has a pretty good Games show called Game One, but the hosts of said show did not host the awards. No, people who obviously don't play that many games did. The male host at one point talked about "Metal Gear Soldiers" and when that was met with shouting from the audience, he did not correct himself, but tried to spin it like he had been talking about the "soldiers of Metal Gear". This might have been scripted, but it was painfully awful to watch and seemed to be rather spontaneous. There were good parts, the selection of nominees was good (the final awards were voted on by the public, I think, so don't complain about the best boss battle one) and the nomination videos for the best game of the year award were really funny (like the Mario Galaxy one, which was made like a commercial with lines like "you flew up to the stars, encountere strange worlds", just to end with "so you finally realized: U R MR GAY". I don't think anyone in the live audience got that, but I thought it was funny), but the entire show part about it was VERY painful to watch.

Now, the bigger problem is, that the entire show just solidified all the bad prejudices older generations have about games and gamers. There were rappers talking about what "gangstas" talk about ("and I see you sitting there, with my juice in your hair." WTF!), the female host talked about the big "Wumme" (which means big gun (colloquial term), but most gamers NEVER says that, people who don't know anything about games think that gamers say that) in Portal. I had the endless joy of watching the awards with my parents present (I am 22, was visiting them) and when my mother saw the "Bad Motherfucker" portion, with all these admittedly not very nice fellows in it, she started to get really concerned and asked me if I also played "Bad Motherfucker" games! Remember, I am 22 and my mother acted as if she just found out that I like Japanese tentacle porn, she was really concerened. So, in the end, I think a show like this does German gamers a disservice. The only sensible part was Jade's speech, the rest was just a mix of bad jokes, clishés and too many Companion Cube jokes.

Wow, sorry that got that long, I should've posted in my blog.

tl;dr:

The MTV Game Award was really, really awfullly painful to watch. Just think of the Spike awards, with more German "gangsta" rappers.

Knurrunkulus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Knurrunkulus

Jeff, nice try. But your last sentence would rather have to be: "Ich bin sehr beeindruckt" or "Das beeindruckt mich sehr!"  And for those of you want to have the headline translated, it is most probably supposed to mean: "About Music Television Videogame Awards". Greetings from a German actually really living in Germany, which is currently covered in snow. Keep up the good work.

SpecTackle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By SpecTackle
    daniel_beck_90 said:
    "
    CynageN said:
    "Germany is serious business on the internet, Jeff. You're on the verge of creating many rifts in your own community with your consistent lack of kid gloves on every topic that grazes the front page news. The next thing you know, your journalistic integrity is going to be called into question with every review you publish, and the foundation of Giant Bomb will be lost to some rogue employee that refused to conform to your non-professional approach to covering a very serious industry.

Your tyranny stops here and now, or so help me; I will send a very stern letter to Whiskey Media. Perhaps even a series of stern letters."

Edit : why are you  so nationalists / racist  ? 
     I am glad I have never met a guy like you  in person , how about cursing me as well ! C,mon do it  !!!   - can not believe what CynageN wrote to Jeff - "
    I really thought about not replying because it's going to ruin the hilarity, but I guess clarifying to avert some super cereal e-drama is the better choice.

My post was a joke. I live in Denver, I've never been out of the US. I was simply trying to point out the stupidity of overreacting to someone's method of making a harmless joke, especially one coming from someone like Jeff or any of the rest of the GB staff. I urge those who were offended by this article to go on back over to gamespot where political correctness is company mandated.
    Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Meowayne

No one was offended by the article, and no one was complaining about (the lack of) political correctness.

I was just expressing disappointment over the fact that although something potentially important is happening in the gaming world, it is shrugged off because, well, it's in Germany, and those guys with their funny ways can't be taken seriously, right?  There's a difference between talking about things in an unprofessional way (which is fine) and being ignorant - regardless of whether this is harmful or not . Giantbombs GC-coverage or this thread are kind of an inbetween, and I just wondered why people resort to such methods.

The_Icon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#32  Edited By The_Icon

Awesome, Hideo deserves it.

destruktive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#33  Edited By destruktive

He wer not letire!
    And he wir continou maki game as rong as he did!

Ookey enough of the steriotypical fun making.
    He did deserve this, as I think if MGS1 to be one of the greatest games ever created

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By kush

I find it amusing that Jeff's article has been "negged" that many times..."Germany is serious business on the internet" <--- Love it! :P

DerBonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By DerBonk

Okay, I see your point Meowayne, sorry for the misunderstanding.

I'm afraid I have to agree with the Giantbomb guys that GC isn't all that relevant outside Europe and especially if you've just been to E3, it's just more of the same, mostly. And this award-show thing...it really is irrelevant and worth making fun of. It's just like the Spike awards in the US and the boys make fun of those as well. I don't think it's a German thing, Crytek is taken very seriously for example.

deadpoool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By deadpoool

jade raymond is hot!

=andy=

LeBart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By LeBart

Hideo, ich liebe dich !

Nick8708

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Nick8708

@Meowayne

Did you read Jeff's post about game reviews?  I think that, if nothing else, ought to be evidence enough that when a topic comes along that needs to be discussed frankly they can do so without trouble.

vex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By vex

jeff: I am seriously in love with you, you make my day, every day! (let me know what flowers you are in to)

people: you are always going to be teased about the thing you are most conscious about. and therefore it is YOUR choice what you will be teased about!

germans are conscious about being called anal or efficient or stiff, or cold or about trying to enslave the world. americans are concious about being fat or stupid or not beautiful or not young or not rich, or not able to stop others from enslaving the world, french are conscious about language or taste or becoming a part of an enslaved world instead of enslaving the world as in old (shorter) times.

all the time people could mention in innocent conversations that they are really conscious about there huge dingdongs or intellect or being nice without reason or for making the world greatest cars or the worlds greatest entertainment or the worlds most beautiful cities and food aso.

and to a previous poster i am to lazy to look up in a flood of 30+ posts:

yes, americans are really just europeans! but "original" americans, europeans and asians are really just africans! so we are all not white, yellow or red, we are pale! (just to escape a fatal vitamin d deficiency, it is NOT personal)

and all the time you are bickering you are forgetting about austria!! that is where I AM FROM. and we are conscious about taking nobody seriously!

hey, we didn't take arnold seriously and now he owns california! (there is another example starting with "a" but I don't want to get my post in trouble!)

and finally: german tv. admittedly I haven't been watching german tv in years, but they are butchering any imported show. it is really nasty. What they did to Family Guy and American Dad alone should be considered a hate crime or at least a crime against humanity by negligence!

Ah, yes there is no austrian tv or rather cinema, but that is because we didn't take it seriously in the 30ties and it left and went to california! (as they always do)

killdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By killdave

Funny she start off speaking slowly so Germans etc can better understand her ... then gets excited and speaks very fast.

trulyalive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 17

#41  Edited By trulyalive
    DerBonk Wrote:
    "Yes, that a show like this exists is a huge step forward. But it's also two steps back, at least with this show. It was so painful to watch, grossly misrepresenting who gamers are and what or why they play."

In all fairness, it's the MTV Game Awards. It doesn't matter how many people from the industry you pull in to hand out awards, if the organisers aren't passionate, the event will come off as a farce, and I'm sure that the heads of MTV have more important things to worry about than their video game department (and don't get me wrong, I'm sure Rock Band is raking it in for them, but it has to be just a fraction of what this multi-national pop-culture based conglomerate corporation earns.)

Meowayne Wrote:
    "I was just expressing disappointment over the fact that although something potentially important is happening in the gaming world, it is shrugged off because, well, it's in Germany, and those guys with their funny ways can't be taken seriously, right? "

Well, as stated before, I personally don't take it seriously because it's MTV and from the looks of things, they executed the whole event awfully.
    That said, I am willing to dip my toes in the pool of hopefulness for the exact same reason. It's MTV, a multi-national pop-culture-based conglomerate corporation and they're not stupid (despite the majority of their audience). WIth any luck, I'm wrong about their lack of care for the video-game industry and they take it all seriously. If so, one could hope that after this embarassing event, they'll approach the situation with a little more tact next year and put on a genuinely good show, one that makes us feel as though our community isn't something to hide or be ashamed of.
    I may be getting ahead of myself, but if there were any company that might manage to make video-games mainstream, I would put it to MTV.

But recognise, that is just me being hopeful. Deep down, I personally still think this was just a money-making ploy, and it probably worked. At the very least it garnered them some publicity and I have little doubt that next year the whole frustrating debacle will repeat itself with a few new insiders to hand out a couple of new categorised awards to a few new innovators in the field.

In any case, I think that Kojima deserved that particular award. There aren't many other designers out there who have the longevity and reliability of Kojima who are still working in the field today (although if I were to cast my vote for a winner in about half a decade, I would be nominating Cliff Blezenski).
    Portal was also a fair choice, if not a little bit too safe. It's been over a year now, is that really a game we're still handing awards out to?
    And Screaming Mantis? Well...I kinda see why they did that. Boss Battles this year haven't been great, although if I were to pick a boss from MGS4, it would have certainly been the final Ocelot/Snake battle. That was epic in a way that took me two hours to beat (granted, it was 3 in the morning and I was worrying about an exm the next day, but still...epic!)

Also, Jade Raymond. Smokin' hot. Weird, I never would have imagined myself saying that sort of thing about a chick involved in the making of Assassin's Creed o_O;
    daniel_beck_90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By daniel_beck_90
    vex said:

yes, americans are really just europeans! but "original" americans, europeans and asians are really just africans! so we are all not white, yellow or red, we are pale! (just to escape a fatal vitamin d deficiency, it is NOT personal)

I agree with this post , damn it is almost 7 AM
    Death_Burnout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 6

#43  Edited By Death_Burnout

Wow, Germans coming out of the wood work much?

Man i used to love it when Jeff used to diss Jade Raymond "This is my game!!" i think was the classic line, i always thought it was harsh but it was true haha.

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#44  Edited By FLStyle

Well done Hideo, you deserve it!

zunzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By zunzo

It has been ridiculously laughable. The whole event was a mess, unprofessional, unintentionally funny and in a whole just a complete waste of time.

You may be glad for not being given the chance to watch the whole thing.

makari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By makari

I have a feeling one day GiantBomb will be banned in Germany. Remember everyone, it's never an insult until some self righteous jerk takes offense.

Stefan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 27

#47  Edited By Stefan

Hey guys,
    I am from Germany and actually I was watching TV at the weekend and going through the channels and noticed that they have this game related event on MTV Germany. But since MTV Germany is probably one of the worst channels on TV I didn't really care and went on to a different channel. I don't guys... is MTV only  in Germany that bad or do you also get bothered by the same stupid reality, karaoke and fashion shows? There is like 10% music left on that channel...at best!
    To get to this whole racial, political thing:
    I, for myself can say that I have only met nice people from the states and the UK. Back in school two years ago I did an exchange to the UK and it was great, everyone was very nice to me also the drunk people at bars (Germans and English people have more in common than I tought :D). Well there was was one guy who asked me about Hitler and why people supported him, well but I didn't really know what to tell him, I was born in 1988 :D.
    I also had some pupils from the US over here who were also pretty cool, apparently they were a lot more into "Jägermeister" than most Germans are. Oh and they really like the fact that you can buy beer at the age of 16 in Germany X)
    I guess that's how German culture is, one time when my mom was on a school trip or something (she's a teacher) I had to buy a crate of cola myself and when I went to the checkout the till girl just looked at me quite puzzled and made a taunting statement about me buying cola rather than beer :P I think I was 15 or 16 at that time.
    As a German I think it's funny how the US TV and videogame rating system works compared to the German. I mean games like Doom or Quake are forbidden to be sold in public and for a lot of movies you have to be 16 or 18 to watch them due to the high amout of brutality in these media. Then again if people curse on TV nobody cares because everyone curses once in a while, i guess people from the US even more often than Germans^^. Nudity is also handled differently.  If  you show boobs at 1pm on German TV it's normal, in the US it would be a scandal.
    I guess both rating systems have there pros and cons it's just odd that they are 100% different :)
    I don't want to make a book out of this so if you still want to know anything go ahead and ask!

Oh and it's "Die Bluthund Bande", Jeff rather than "Das Bloodenhounden Gangen" - time for me to be stereotype smart ass/clever dick German :D

Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Gizmo
    caption
    caption
    xplodedd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#49  Edited By xplodedd

what?

vex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By vex

no it is "Das Bloodenhounden Gangen" because he is mocking you. and in any way it would be "The Bloodhound Gang" because it is impolite to translate names. mostly because it then would not be a name. Americans love to do that. but they probably wouldn't like it if their name got raped themselves!

on the other hand it might just be a sign of the integrating nature of the american! he so much accepts you he make your name feel at home. I LIKE THAT.

Bill Gates will from now on be WILHELM TORE!!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.