Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

inFamous 2

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jun 07, 2011

The electric superhuman, Cole MacGrath, returns in the sequel to 2009's open world superhero third-person action game from Sucker Punch, featuring new graphics, a new city, and new powers.

Infamous 2 shorter than the first game?

vidiots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By vidiots

Not saying its bad but i follow guy on youtube and he played infamous 1 and 2 his infamous 1 videos were 109 parts and only 79 for infamous 2.

Again not really bad i heard there is bigger difference in playing good or evil for missions and story this time and powers.

SMTDante89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 28

#2  Edited By SMTDante89

I thought inFamous 2 was longer, but I spent more time collecting blast shards in 2 than I did the first, and the various crimes around New Marais may have made the game seem longer.

iPhone_Tyler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 17

#3  Edited By iPhone_Tyler

Although the save games don't say how long I've played, I'd swear it's been longer for me. 

Nitrocore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Nitrocore

I'm not sure if it was shorter than the first one it seemed about the right length for that kind of game. I never got bored of playing it and I felt compelled to play it a second time for the other set of powers, where as in my opinion it felt more of a grind to do that in the the first one. Saying that I did complete it in the first 24 hours of owning it so I guess it could be shorter looking back at the first one which took me a few days, but you definitely get more bang for your buck with number 2 and there's lots of collectables and side missions to extend the duration of play.

ESREVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#5  Edited By ESREVER

It feels about the same length as the first. I will say it did feel significantly easier than the first. That may have been why the LPer you follow had significantly fewer parts for inFamous 2. Also, you can't really judge the length of the game based on someone's LP. It is what you make of it, same case for multiple sandbox titles. 
    The UGC also extends the game's life significantly. 

kingzetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By kingzetta

they both have 40 story missions each.

fattonyxxl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By fattonyxxl

Is this mystery guy...DSP by any chance xD...Couldn't it just be the length of the videos or what he does in-between missions?

MikeydCT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 7

#8  Edited By MikeydCT

I just beat 2 and I say it feels the same length

gike987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By gike987
    @ESREVER said:

It feels about the same length as the first. I will say it did feel significantly easier than the first. That may have been why the LPer you follow had significantly fewer parts for inFamous 2. Also, you can't really judge the length of the game based on someone's LP. It is what you make of it, same case for multiple sandbox titles. The UGC also extends the game's life significantly. 

How much easier? I'm playing through the first one right now on hard and it feels pretty easy (but not too easy). If this game is as combat focused as the first, it could get tedious really fast if it offers no challenge.
    Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
    SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#10  Edited By SethPhotopoulos

Depends on what you do.

ESREVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ESREVER
    @gike987 said:
    @ESREVER said:

It feels about the same length as the first. I will say it did feel significantly easier than the first. That may have been why the LPer you follow had significantly fewer parts for inFamous 2. Also, you can't really judge the length of the game based on someone's LP. It is what you make of it, same case for multiple sandbox titles. The UGC also extends the game's life significantly. 

How much easier? I'm playing through the first one right now on hard and it feels pretty easy (but not too easy). If this game is as combat focused as the first, it could get tedious really fast if it offers no challenge.
    I will say that the combat never once felt tedious in the second game, and I've played through it twice. 
    Actually, I went back to inFamous1 today to get that one last trophy for the Platinum and oh man what a difference. inFamous 2 is definitely the better game. 
    inFamous2 didn't have those really tedious fights against those mobs (specifically referring to the third island faction's mobs). It also featured less frustrating moments. 
    It also helps you have a lot more customization in your abilities in the second game, so if you do start finding it getting dull, you can swap to another variant of the power. 
    The difficulty is dependent on your playstyle. Obviously you have to use cover and can't just stand out in the open and get riddled with bullets. If you play smart, it should offer enough of a challenge.
    Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By Cloudenvy

Seems about the same length as the first.

I'll probably put several more hours into it though, making a Metroidvania style mission is time consuming.

SpanxMcFranks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By SpanxMcFranks

inFamous 2 did seem shorter to me. I played through and collected every bird, blast shard, and did all the side quests before finishing the game and I don't think I spent as much time as I did in the first one. I even went back a second time to do the bad karma stuff and blew through it, since I wasn't worried about collecting everything again.

ESREVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ESREVER

For inFamous 2, I timed my second playthrough as Evil Cole on Hard and it took me roughly 8-9 hours just doing pure campaign stuff. No dead drops, sidemissions, shards, and etc. Just Story missions. I didn't skip all the cutscenes though. 

Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
    SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#15  Edited By SethPhotopoulos
    @ESREVER said:
    Oh also, I timed my second playthrough as Evil Cole on Hard and it took me roughly 8-9 hours just doing pure campaign stuff. No dead drops, sidemissions, shards, and etc. Just Story missions. I didn't skip all the cutscenes though
    Which InFamous?
    ESREVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ESREVER
    @SethPhotopoulos said:
    @ESREVER said:
    Oh also, I timed my second playthrough as Evil Cole on Hard and it took me roughly 8-9 hours just doing pure campaign stuff. No dead drops, sidemissions, shards, and etc. Just Story missions. I didn't skip all the cutscenes though
    Which InFamous?
    Ah, right. My apologies. 
    That was for inFamous 2.
    google

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By google

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.