Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Insanity

Concept »

Insanity is a condition whereby the sufferer is of unsound mind. Depending on the condition of the individual, he or she may be prone to fits of uncontrollable violent behavior, hallucinations, or other symptoms.

A slice of lemon, wrapped around a large gold brick.

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

Edited By sweep  Moderator

It sometimes seems by addressing the madness of others we only legitimize it, our acknowledgement allowing it to exist. That being said, some sanity must be applied to balance every equation lest it spiral pervertedly out of control. It is not a job I relish, though I do take satisfaction in swinging the flaming axe of reason. I don't know why it needs to be an axe, but an axe seems pretty fucking appropriate.

Sobriety is, to many, a disease. That does not mean it is an existence entirely without merit. 

I continue to lose at Street Fighter 4.

I only recently realised that when searching for opponents there was the option to narrow the skill level of the available opponents. So in simply changing skill from "Any" to "same" the victories begin to tumble in. I am in no way deluded as to my supposed prowess but the confirmation that I am not in-fact the worst Street Fighter player in the world is comforting on many wavelengths. I may not be able to hold my head high, but neither do I lie prostrate. There is a level of humility I am prepared to accept.  

No Caption Provided

I'm working my way steadily through The Penal Zone.

That sounds far more ominous than I had intended.   

I am of-course referring to my first adventure with Sam and Max. Though their universe is overwhelming it is also extremely accessible. The puzzles have a bizarre logic to them which, once you have wrapped your head around the general atmosphere of the game, are never too obscure. There is nothing more frustrating in a game than not knowing what you should be doing. Fortunately the New York of Sam and Max is structured enough in it's design that this is never really an issue. Whilst there are references to games past, these only compliment the life of the bustling world in which they live. Encyclopaedic knowledge of previous outings are not required, and the general reminiscence of the duo is sufficient explanation of why the city is in such a mess. I don't really understand how Max got to be president, but I sure as fuck would have voted for him. 

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#1  Edited By sweep  Moderator

It sometimes seems by addressing the madness of others we only legitimize it, our acknowledgement allowing it to exist. That being said, some sanity must be applied to balance every equation lest it spiral pervertedly out of control. It is not a job I relish, though I do take satisfaction in swinging the flaming axe of reason. I don't know why it needs to be an axe, but an axe seems pretty fucking appropriate.

Sobriety is, to many, a disease. That does not mean it is an existence entirely without merit. 

I continue to lose at Street Fighter 4.

I only recently realised that when searching for opponents there was the option to narrow the skill level of the available opponents. So in simply changing skill from "Any" to "same" the victories begin to tumble in. I am in no way deluded as to my supposed prowess but the confirmation that I am not in-fact the worst Street Fighter player in the world is comforting on many wavelengths. I may not be able to hold my head high, but neither do I lie prostrate. There is a level of humility I am prepared to accept.  

No Caption Provided

I'm working my way steadily through The Penal Zone.

That sounds far more ominous than I had intended.   

I am of-course referring to my first adventure with Sam and Max. Though their universe is overwhelming it is also extremely accessible. The puzzles have a bizarre logic to them which, once you have wrapped your head around the general atmosphere of the game, are never too obscure. There is nothing more frustrating in a game than not knowing what you should be doing. Fortunately the New York of Sam and Max is structured enough in it's design that this is never really an issue. Whilst there are references to games past, these only compliment the life of the bustling world in which they live. Encyclopaedic knowledge of previous outings are not required, and the general reminiscence of the duo is sufficient explanation of why the city is in such a mess. I don't really understand how Max got to be president, but I sure as fuck would have voted for him. 

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 17

#2  Edited By Tireyo
    Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#3  Edited By Claude

I thought about Tropico 3, but I just recently purchased Dawn of Discovery/Anno 1404. They're both city builders, so I'll stick with Anno. I was going to the midnight launch of Read Dead Redemption, but now it seems I'm going out of town... big sad face. Who knows, things change, maybe?

Ryax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Ryax
    @Claude said:
    " I thought about Tropico 3, but I just recently purchased Dawn of Discovery/Anno 1404. They're both city builders, so I'll stick with Anno. I was going to the midnight launch of Read Dead Redemption, but now it seems I'm going out of town... big sad face. Who knows, things change, maybe? "
    dude that sucks. just drop the plans to leave ;)  

the screened search bar works for me. and i was tempted by tropico 3 but ive played it and it didnt keep my interest. good blog post though.
    ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 19

#5  Edited By ZombiePie

Huh? What oh it's a Sweep blog. That means that it is pink unicorns time...pink unicorn.

Dr_Feelgood38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Dr_Feelgood38
    @ZombiePie said:
    " Huh? What oh it's a Sweep blog. That means that it is pink unicorns time...pink unicorn. "
    Hey, dude, nice pink unicorn.

I too am hyped for Red Dead Redemption. The difference is that I'm done with school so I get to play it right away! HAH. Also, yeah, everything about Screened is awesome. If they could import about half of the design choices from that site over here, things would be awesomer.
    tebbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By tebbit
      I brought the original 2 seasons of Sam and Max, to get up to speed for this one, and now you tell me I didn't have to!? Nooooooooo! 
    Ah well, they're pretty good anyway. I would recommend them, apart from episodes 2 and 3 of the first season. Something funky was going on with those two...

@ZombiePie
    said:
    " Huh? What oh it's a Sweep blog. That means that it is pink unicorns time...pink unicorn. "
    Are you on the drugs again? You know what mum said about those things. 
    ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#8  Edited By ZombiePie
    @Tebbit: No I just really like pink unicorns.
    Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By Rowr

Nice blog sire. 

Congratulations on your purchase of tropico 3, tis an amazing game.

Coombs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By Coombs
    @ZombiePie said:

" @Tebbit: No I just really like pink unicorns. "

Who doesn't love Pink Unicorns?

StarFoxA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 12

#11  Edited By StarFoxA
    @Sweep said:

• WE NEED THE SEARCH BAR FROM SCREENED.COM!! Seriously guys, i'm fucking dying here!

This man is a genius.
    Avatar image for organicalistic_
    Organicalistic_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#12  Edited By Organicalistic_
    @StarFoxA: while we are at it lest have a search bar for members w/o having to sent a pm
    Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#13  Edited By Ineedaname

That search bar is coming, snide posted a short while ago that this site would get updated with it within about 2 weeks(?)

I imagine that Screened.com was probably testing it as much as anything else.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.