Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Journey

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Mar 13, 2012

Journey is thatgamecompany's third release for Sony. Roam the lands discovering the history of an ancient civilization on a trek toward a distant mountain. Go at it alone or explore with strangers online.

White/Yellow Clad Character?

DrPockets000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By DrPockets000

I ran into someone wearing white and yellow instead of the regular gold and red. The character's robe was also a little fancier in design.

Anyone know what the differentiation is?

yoshimitz707

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#2  Edited By yoshimitz707

I think white is if you've found every scarf length pickup.

DrPockets000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By DrPockets000

@yoshimitz707: I messaged him and he said that's what it was, Thanks! He seemed to know what he was doing, I though he was a dev or something haha

StrikeALight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By StrikeALight

That's actually a good point.

It's probably worth mentioning, that players with more intricate designs on their robe (compare the bottom design to that of your own robe), are those that have completed the game at least more than once. When you play for the first time, you can then decide if you want to journey with them, (just ignore them if you don't...there will always be another player along nearby) or experience the game with another newbie.

Extraordinary as Journey is, the game is only some 2 hours plus long, and you'll never get to experience that first playthrough again.

zonikjj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By zonikjj

Oooh, that explains a lot. I was wondering what the designs meant. There's more incentive to play through multiple times I guess

Dreamfall31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By Dreamfall31

@DrPockets000: Same thing happened to me. I was teamed up with a white guy starting with the indoor level to the end. He showed me all of the scarf extenders and the 'Flow' easter egg. I was thinking he was a dev because he stuck with me the whole time and waited when I got stuck a few times! I just wish we had started from the beginning because I don't have all of the scarf extenders!

crazyleaves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By crazyleaves

Just got the white cloak and when that spot in the hub lights up you'll know you can get it. It pretty sweet. It gets longer and is pretty sweet. Finished for the third time all the way though with a new player and he was freaking when he saw me. My designs are looking pretty sweet now too.

zaccheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By zaccheus

@FoxMulder said:

@DrPockets000: Same thing happened to me. I was teamed up with a white guy starting with the indoor level to the end. He showed me all of the scarf extenders and the 'Flow' easter egg. I was thinking he was a dev because he stuck with me the whole time and waited when I got stuck a few times! I just wish we had started from the beginning because I don't have all of the scarf extenders!

I did that just today. I have gotten all the trophies, but the game just still keeps pulling me back in so I decided to maybe help someone else out and use that as an excuse to play the game through start to finish for the third time. I showed him all the symbols, the dessert flower, the Flow easter egg and the glyphs.

It was frankly pretty amazing, because I slowly built this kind of trust with him (I don't want to write him/her through this post). When I was going for something mentioned above I would signal like crazy and he understood pretty soon that it was worth paying attention. We stuck through the whole way through (previous playthrough I had multiple companions even though I didn't always notice the switch). There was times when he went past something and I thought I would loose him, but he always looked around and came back to me. I wasn't sure how I would show him the symbols in the surfing levels, but I just jumped ahead of him and signaled the whole way through and he followed. I really didn't think he would follow me down in the temple level to see the Flow creature, but surely he did.

Doesn't beat the first playthrough, but I have to say that it was pretty fantastic. I suggest you try it for yourself if you have discovered everything in the game already. I was a bit iffy about ruining someones first run, but he had clearly played the game through at least once before since he knew some of the symbol locations. I'd suggest you check the other persons cloak and if they are a first timer, I suggest you leave them to experience the game for themselves. I think I will do this again tomorrow.

jasonefmonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By jasonefmonk

I really enjoyed help by these god-like white characters, and then ascending to that level and passing it on. It was a great bit of discovery. I'm just grabbing the last few rows of patterns now.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#10  Edited By ajamafalous
    @Zaccheus said:

@FoxMulder said:

I did that just today. I have gotten all the trophies, but the game just still keeps pulling me back in so I decided to maybe help someone else out and use that as an excuse to play the game through start to finish for the third time. I showed him all the symbols, the dessert flower, the Flow easter egg and the glyphs.

It was frankly pretty amazing, because I slowly built this kind of trust with him (I don't want to write him/her through this post. When I was going for something mentioned above I would signal like crazy and him/her understood pretty soon that it was worth paying attention. We stuck through the game together the whole way through (previous playthrough I had multiple companions even though I didn't always notice the switch). There was times when he went past something and I thought I would lost him, but he always looked around and came back to me. I wasn't sure how I would show him the symbols in the surfing levels, but I just jumped ahead of him and signaled the whole way through and he followed. I really didn't think he would follow me down in the temple level to see the Flow creature, but surely he did.

Doesn't beat the first playthrough, but I have to say that it was pretty fantastic. I suggest you try it for yourself if you have discovered everything in the game already. I was a bit iffy about ruining someones first run, but he had clearly played the game through at least once before since he knew some of the symbol locations. I'd suggest you check the other persons cloak and if they are a first timer, I suggest you leave them to experience the game for themselves. I think I will do this again tomorrow.

Definitely a really cool story. I feel like the lack of any identification on players definitely helps the surreal feeling of this game's coop.
    zaccheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By zaccheus

@ajamafalous said:

@Zaccheus said:

@FoxMulder said:

It was frankly pretty amazing, because I slowly built this kind of trust with him (I don't want to write him/her through this post. When I was going for something mentioned above I would signal like crazy and him/her understood pretty soon that it was worth paying attention. We stuck through the game together the whole way through (previous playthrough I had multiple companions even though I didn't always notice the switch). There was times when he went past something and I thought I would lost him, but he always looked around and came back to me. I wasn't sure how I would show him the symbols in the surfing levels, but I just jumped ahead of him and signaled the whole way through and he followed. I really didn't think he would follow me down in the temple level to see the Flow creature, but surely he did.

Definitely a really cool story. I feel like the lack of any identification on players definitely helps the surreal feeling of this game's coop.

I have done this 3 more times since that post and it has been a pleasure every time. It's weird how much you can interpret about a person from how they play and react. There has been many different kind of players among those I have guided to the secrets of this game. I can't help but feel like some kind of guru with my fully patterned white cloak leading people through. It has started to feel a bit like a chore after six playthroughs because I have everything so memorized, but if nothing else the music is always a pleasure and the visuals still stun me. I also had especially fun time yesterday at the dessert with one person when we flied and recharged in sync so that we could fly amazing distances.

KinjiroSSD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12  Edited By KinjiroSSD
    elwillow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By elwillow

@KinjiroSSD said:

@DrPockets000: Besides color, it grants a longer scarf and

your scarf automatically regenerates when you are on the ground.

Your robe becomes more decorated with each game completion up to the third time.

Actually, I've played through 4 times and I had 3 different patterns (+ the first play trough pattern).

I do like that you can choose to use the white robe or not. It let you define if you are knowledgeable or if you want to enjoy the game again.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.