Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Kickstarter Funded

Concept »

Games that were funded through Kickstarter.

Do you read very many of the updates that Kickstarter projects sned to you after you've donated to them?

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By BisonHero

Legion_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Legion_

Don't think I've ever read one. I usually do the research myself. It's a novel idea, but it's not for me.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By BisonHero

I appreciate that someone is coming up with the updates, and obviously zero updates is VERY concerning, but all I basically care about is that they indicate work is being done on the project. I just don't have the hours to spend each day looking through all of the updates that I get spammed with.

The exception is the Double Fine Adventure Game, since they have that sweet ongoing documentary, with little side story videos thrown in. Also I guess I watched the brief gameplay videos FTL posted. But other than that, I find I don't care that much and just want to know when the final product is completed. Getting multiple huge text updates per week just seems like a waste of some guy's time. I'd be more inclined to ever look at those updates if they were like a 3-5 minute video journal thing once every 2 weeks or something.

EDIT: Though looking at my Kickstarter update emails more closely, I guess my complaint is the fucking ridiculous blitz of updates you tend to get during the month that their Kickstarter is still accepting money. I guess they're really trying to build confidence in the idea so you tell your friends, but it just feels like they're pestering me and I want them to go away, which has exactly the opposite result they want.

Giantstalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#4  Edited By Giantstalker

Nope, I've backed three projects so far and stopped reading after the 1st or 2nd update.

kermoosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By kermoosh

well i've only done 1 kickstarter (Double Fine Adventure) and those include a video documentary of the game's creation and progress. they are entertaining to watch and see the inner workings (game making, setbacks, ect.)

Terramagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Terramagi

Project Eternity has been having an update every one or two weeks, and they're very interesting, so fuck yeah I read that shit.

I also read the DFA ones, because god dammit I PAID for those documentary videos.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.