Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

L.A. Noire

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released May 17, 2011

L.A. Noire is a detective thriller developed by Team Bondi in Australia and published by Rockstar Games.

Rockstar drops Team Bondi?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

vidiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By vidiot

Hey, remember a few days ago when IGN broke that terrifying article about L.A. Noire's development hell?
    It just go a lot more crazier. 

So apparently the original author of that article posted emails showcasing the internal problems. 
    Now Kotaku is stating that Rockstar will not be working with Team Bondi for the future.

Andrew McMillen, who published the original report on IGN claiming poor work conditions at LA Noire developer Team Bondi, has now published on GI.biz what's claimed to be a series of leaked internal emails that don't exactly paint Bondi's boss, Brendan McNamara, in a good light.

Amongst the bad blood between Rockstar and Team Bondi on display in the emails, there's the news that the publisher will no longer be working with the Sydney-based developer. There's also claims that the game, over six years in development, was only finished after direct involvement by Rockstar.

"Rockstar also made a huge contribution to the development; their producers were increasingly influential over the last two years of the game's development, and overruled many of the insane decisions made by Team Bondi management," one of the source of the emails tells GI.biz.

"At a lower level, Rockstar also pitched in with programmers, animators, artists, QA, etc. Part of the conflict between Team Bondi and Rockstar was due to Rockstar's frustration with Team Bondi's direction, and eventually Team Bondi's management in turn resented Rockstar for taking lots of creative control."

"It's also worth pointing out that Rockstar used to be very keen on making Team Bondi something like 'Rockstar Sydney'—the more they worked with Team Bondi management, the more they came to understand that this was a terrible idea."

You can read the full report, including the alleged emails, at the link below.

Rockstar declined to comment on this rumor.

I wonder how this will effect a possible sequel of L.A. Noire?Rockstar not working with Team Bondi in the future seems to be just a rumor right now, but there seems to be a ton of negativity between the two studios. I'm pretty blown away by all this. Can Team Bondi make a game on it's own, with a management that seems fundamentally broken?

Perhaps there's a reason why Team Bondi's name doesn't appear on the front cover? 
    Fan of the game or not, this is getting...Disturbing.

Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
    SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By SethPhotopoulos

I say give Rockstar the facial technology and have them make a sequel.  From what people say Rockstar has made pretty good video game stories this gen.

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By laserbolts

Third thread I've read on this today.

Avatar image for bulletproofmonk
    BulletproofMonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

vidiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By vidiot
    sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#6  Edited By sweep  Moderator

@vidiot said:

@BulletproofMonk said:
    Already a thread about this.
    Someone lock this then. I did a search but didn't see it. My Apologies.

Done and done :)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.