Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

League of Legends

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Oct 27, 2009

A free-to-play competitive MOBA game with a large following in eSports. From the original developers of DotA: Allstars, the game expands the gameplay found in DotA by adding persistent Summoner profiles and a variety of original champions who fight for you on the battlefield against bots or one another.

Riots new skins

plague102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By plague102

I don't know if the rest of the community has seen the new pulsefire ezreal skin but omfg its beautiful! Lately it seems like the skins are getting better and better with amumu's sad robot skin to morgana's black thorn skin, and I think its awesome that even though you have to pay for this visual content I feel like the skin quality is finally on par to be payable content. Thoughts on the pulsefire ezreal skin???

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By jakob187

Anyone playing League has most likely known about Pulsefire Ezreal, especially since the skin has been in the code for months now. The same with some Tristana skins, a Twitch skin, and quite a few others.

With that said, Pulsefire Ezreal is a Legendary skin, while Blackthorn Morg and SR Amumu are not. Personally, I'm just happy that they finally released a new fucking SWAIN SKIN! Tyrant is a sick ass skin. Love it to death.

Nonetheless, I really wish they would do some work on Magnificent TF and Annie in Wonderland. They are Legendary skins that are NOT worth the price due to many of their later skins being far more worthwhile.

Lagaroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Lagaroth

@jakob187 said:

Anyone playing League has most likely known about Pulsefire Ezreal, especially since the skin has been in the code for months now. The same with some Tristana skins, a Twitch skin, and quite a few others.

With that said, Pulsefire Ezreal is a Legendary skin, while Blackthorn Morg and SR Amumu are not. Personally, I'm just happy that they finally released a new fucking SWAIN SKIN! Tyrant is a sick ass skin. Love it to death.

Nonetheless, I really wish they would do some work on Magnificent TF and Annie in Wonderland. They are Legendary skins that are NOT worth the price due to many of their later skins being far more worthwhile.

Past legendary skins also cost much less. Pulsefire is 3250. IIRC the past ones were 1950.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By jakob187

@Lagaroth: Wait, Pulsefire Ez is 3250?

FUCK. THAT. Way too much for a skin, despite the amount of rework it has attached to it. That's basically...$35? You could buy three CHAMPS with that much money.

Also, yes, previous skins were 1920 or so, but when you look at many of them, they feature different voicework (Gentleman Cho'Gath), quotes and emotes (Brolaf) as well as complete model reworks in some cases (Nunu Bot). Annie in Wonderland and Magnificent TF have been continually coming up amongst the community as outdated Legendary skins that badly need to be reworked to be worth the 1920, especially if you look at Annie. She's got, what, six total skins...and they are all reworks on her and Tibbers in terms of costumes, even going so far as changing particle effects on Frostfire Annie. Meanwhile, there is nothing special about Annie in Wonderland that isn't just as special on 975 skins.

As for Mag TF...that skin is just pitiful and sad.

Lagaroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Lagaroth

It's a little less than $25. $35 is 5000.

2800 RP - $20.00

650 RP - $5.00

crazyleaves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By crazyleaves

Even though it happened a while ago Ashe's new model is a drastic improvement. Even though I wish they would've reduced her bust size a bit more. I mean, come on, she's an archer for fucks sake!

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By jakob187

@Lagaroth said:

It's a little less than $25. $35 is 5000.

2800 RP - $20.00

650 RP - $5.00

Sorry. You are correct. I keep forgetting that RP cost is HIGHER than dollars.

Nonetheless, still too much for a skin.

@crazyleaves said:

Even though it happened a while ago Ashe's new model is a drastic improvement.

It happened, like, a week or two ago.

Garfield518

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Garfield518

The skin is on sale for 1625 for the first four days of its release.

plague102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By plague102

My guess is that they will most likely drop some prices on the older skins that are now pretty outdated instead of reworking them. I forget which red said it but basically they said they wouldn't be updating older skins as the back catalog would be way to big and would take way to much time and resources.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By jakob187

@Garfield518 said:

Right, but now they have set a new standard of not only pricing, but expectation from Legendary skins. = /

stenchlord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By stenchlord

I'm a sucker for skins, even if it's a champ I hardly use :/

• Nurse Akali
    • Little Knight Amumu
    • Reverse Annie
    • Queen Ashe
    • Piltover Customs Blitz
    • Apocalyptic Brand
    • Sheriff Caitlyn
    • UFO Corki
    • Prestigious LeBlanc
    • Sorceress Lux
    • Waterloo Miss Fortune
    • Rumble in the Jungle
    • Bilgerat Rumble
    • Divine Soraka
    • Big Bad Warwick
    • Tundra Hunter Warwick
    • Pentakill Yorick
    crazyleaves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By crazyleaves
    @jakob187 or a month, whatever, my life is a blur...
    valrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By valrog

I think Riot has really dropped the ball with recent releases. They only do skins for popular champions, so you see LeBlanc with only two skins while fucking Teemo has like 7 skins.

And not to mention that Varus, Darius and Draven were all released with ONE skin. And when was the last time a champion was below 6300? Orianna, was it? 22 champions were released after her, all with the cost of 6300.

Talking about greed Riot.

stenchlord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#14  Edited By stenchlord

Riot were bought out by another company I think, since then there hasn't been a champ cheaper than 6300.

Jack268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Jack268

@jakob187 said:

@Garfield518 said:

Right, but now they have set a new standard of not only pricing, but expectation from Legendary skins. = /

I think this skin is a tier higher than other legendary skins with the evolving armor and what not. I doubt all future legendary skins will hold this quality and this price. If they do, I'm definitely not buying anything more from Riot again.

artgarcrunkle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#16  Edited By artgarcrunkle

@stenchlord: Don't worry. All those champions have rehashed kits from older cheaper champs.

SilverShadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#17  Edited By SilverShadow

Keep in mind that for the first 4 days after Pulsefire Ezreal is released it is going to be 50% off. So at that time it will be cheaper than the other legendary skins. It will be 1620 RP while typical legendary skins are 1820 RP. However, oh my god...this Pulsefire Ezreal skin is absolutely amazing. Plus, with it you get a new summoner icon and banner. Even if I were to miss the sale, and I won't, I would still pick this skin up for 3250 RP. Keep in mind though with me, I am crazy in love with LoL so that means I have every champ and over 33% of the skins. I've spent a ton of money on this freaking game that I love.

darkvare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#18  Edited By darkvare

so i made a head count and i have
    unchained alistar
    reverse annie
    vandal brand
    mr mundoverse
    bandito fiddlesticks
    commando jarvan
    jaximus
    phantom karthus
    grim reaper karthus
    judgement kayle
    chosen master yi
    cowgirl missfortune 
    waterloo missfortune
    secret gent missfortune
    road warrior missfortune
    mafia missfortune
    pentakill mordekaiser
    lord mordekaiser
    galactic nasus
    dread knight nasus
    pharaoh nidalee
    void nocturne
    ruthless pantheon
    freljord rammus
    battle bunny riven 
    asylum shaco
    frozen shen
    barbarian sion
    facebook tristana
    vandal vladimir
    count vladimir
    big bad warwick

but i never liked ezreal so i probably won't get that one

Lagaroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Lagaroth

Something to keep in mind is how much better the 975 skins have gotten. It used to be a crappy color swap, but recently they have gotten unique spell effects (Morgana, Shyvana, Amumu, Urgot), unique voices (Urgot, Amumu). I think the new 975 skins are better than almost every old legendary. (Brolaf excluded.)

Ulain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Ulain

@valrog said:

I think Riot has really dropped the ball with recent releases. They only do skins for popular champions, so you see LeBlanc with only two skins while fucking Teemo has like 7 skins.

And not to mention that Varus, Darius and Draven were all released with ONE skin. And when was the last time a champion was below 6300? Orianna, was it? 22 champions were released after her, all with the cost of 6300.

Talking about greed Riot.

What the fuck are you talking about? Of course they would do new skins for POPULAR champions. Why would they waste time and resources doing a skin for champs nobody plays?

Varus and the like were released with one skin because they want to dedicate extra detail to it, rather than just pumping out recolors like they've done in the past. Soulreaver Draven looks amazingly detailed, as does Pulsefire Ez. I can only imagine the amount of work going into the 100th champ right now.

New champions are expensive so you can't just buy the new one every month unless you spend RP. Not only is it a business decision, it helps players make decisions with their IP instead of just buying everything as it pops up. Also, several champions in the past several months have had their costs lowered.

http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_champions

Galio, Swain, Kennen, Malzahar just since March have been lowered to 4800 IP.

The sky isn't falling, bro.

Xeiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Xeiphyer

@Lagaroth said:

@jakob187 said:

Past legendary skins also cost much less. Pulsefire is 3250. IIRC the past ones were 1950.

Pulsefire Ez skin is unique in its pricing. Its like "super-legendary".

I'm sure there will be more skins with this level of quality in the future, but its in its own catagory as far as price goes. All regular legendary skins are still the same price, its just that those old ones don't have much for new animations or particle effects to make them worth that price compared to someone like Demonblade Trynd who is the same price.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.