Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

League of Legends

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Oct 27, 2009

A free-to-play competitive MOBA game with a large following in eSports. From the original developers of DotA: Allstars, the game expands the gameplay found in DotA by adding persistent Summoner profiles and a variety of original champions who fight for you on the battlefield against bots or one another.

What is the deal with League of League of Legends?

• 54 results
    Avatar image for zomgfruitbunnies
    Zomgfruitbunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Zomgfruitbunnies

I will only play a MOBA with friends who are physically near me. When they screw up, at least I can turn around and punch them in the face.

It makes me less mad.

Sorry.

Forderz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#52  Edited By Forderz

I started out playing DOTA. not DOTA allstars, just dota. If one of you guys want my eternal internet respect, name the Starcraft game DOTA is based off of.

Due to my literally growing up with the DOTA, I am at a complete loss when trying to envision myself as a MOBA noob.

That said, the DOTA community started off awful in approx 2003-2004, and has only gone downhill from there.

Ulain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By Ulain

@Forderz said:

I started out playing DOTA. not DOTA allstars, just dota. If one of you guys want my eternal internet respect, name the Starcraft game DOTA is based off of.

Due to my literally growing up with the DOTA, I am at a complete loss when trying to envision myself as a MOBA noob.

That said, the DOTA community started off awful in approx 2003-2004, and has only gone downhill from there.

Starcraft? I assume you mean Warcraft?

@jakob187 said:

@ZeForgotten said:

@Sanryd: Everybody knows why nobody is willing to admit their mistakes when they play League of Legends

Because terrible things will happen to the game!

I will say that I've seen excuses like that before, but I've also seen a ton of them that make absolute sense. There is a trickle effect that happens - it's called snowballing, and many in the League community know about it. One thing leads to another, which leads to another, and then things begin unfolding. The problem does become that no one will take responsibility for their actions, such as doing dumb shit that gets them killed, missing MIA calls, not warding properly, and not keeping their CS up in lane. However, I will also say that many people who poke fun as the idea of snowballing...probably don't play much League of Legends and doesn't understand how one small mistake can completely fuck everything up.

The thing with snowballing I've noticed more and more lately is that it's not as unrecoverable as people make it out to be. I've had games completely turn around because we win teamfights, even if we were completely getting screwed in lane phase. Hell, I've won games where they had all 3 of our inhibitors down, we turtled successfully, scored a quad/ace and pushed in.

The problem is you get players that give up hope at the first sign of trouble. Seems like 1 in 5 games where you give up first blood you'll have someone say "gg we got noobs". If nobody speaks up, that attitude quickly radiates to the rest of the team. I try to be vocal and tell people to calm down and not blame others. You'd be surprised how often that helps; typing insults and QQ chatter really is distracting you from playing your best afterall.

Don't get me started on bot games though. Holy shit are those people bad ;)

SilverGalford

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By SilverGalford

If nobody speaks up, that attitude quickly radiates to the rest of the team. I try to be vocal and tell people to calm down and not blame others. You'd be surprised how often that helps;

if your veigar or kat have 10000 AP . then there is still hope LOL!.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.