Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Let It Die

Game » consists of 1 releases. Released Dec 03, 2016

A free-to-play souls-like ARPG with roguelike elements, developed by Grasshopper Manufacture and published by Gung-Ho Entertainment for the PlayStation 4.

Dark Souls III Presents: Best Souls Game of 2016

ianmarkx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Let It Die

No Caption Provided

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I know this post will get closed but I still dont get people calling this a souls game. Besides being difficult it bares little to no resemblance, and is more of a rouge like than anything else. Deliberate attack animations and slight difficulty is about the only thing "souls like"

Ungodly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Salt and Sanctuary, dude.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I really did not like my time with Let It Die.... The controls aren't as precise as a Souls game and the lock-on system sucks. I'm glad it was FTP so I could at least try it out instead of having to buy it then realise I didn't like it.

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I wouldn't call Let it Die a Souls-like or a Souls game at all.

Giant_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Giant_Gamer

I can agree that the game is souls like since it is similar in the game mechanics. However, it can't be better than souls games unless you are into grind heavy games.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Fredchuckdave

It's very much a Souls-like just with various different systems bolted on to it; that said I think it's just a bit better than Lords of the Fallen in the long run. As far as Salt and Sanctuary Vs Dark Souls 3 goes Dark Souls 3 is a much more competent game but over time I suspect my affection will gradually favor Salt and Sanctuary more and more; so in 5 years I'll say I like Salt better. Similar to Demon's Souls Vs Dark Souls 3 (mechanically Dark Souls 3 obliterates Demon's Souls, with the caveat that it's the fourth/fifth game in the series and even the people that can see Demon's Souls' flaws still have tremendous affection for it; not so for Dark Souls 3) though Demon's Souls is also better than Salt and Sanctuary. Optimistic for Nioh but fully expecting dumb design decisions (Let it Die has a lot of those).

Let it Die is certainly addicting as fuck though.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I haven't got round to it. I wonder whether the free-to-play aspects throw up a roadblock.

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#10  Edited By Zevvion

This has almost nothing in common with Souls. I really love Let It Die, but if you're looking for a good Souls game and nothing else, this game would be utter garbage. Combat, environment design, build variety, lore, everything you play Dark Souls for is not in here. At all.

@shindig I have over 20 hours into it and the game hasn't even asked me to spend money. Also don't feel like it is a free to play game at this point. Everything feels balanced. Still wonder when it will happen, I heard it gets a little rougher later on, but I also know people personally that claim even then it's still fine.

Ry_Ry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shindig: I've only put a few hours in, and I'd say go ahead and dive in. It's not really doing much for me, but just the first few hours with Uncle Death have been worth it.

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Comparing Let it Die to Dark Souls is like comparing Doom to Uncharted. They share some similar mechanics, but everything else is like night and day.

ianmarkx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ianmarkx

If you are talking ambiance, i totally agree, and perhaps the title is a bit "Clickbaity.TM", (sorry) But gameplay wise, it is a dark souls feaver dream. Everything is janky AF.

That being said, to be fair, it hits all the same notes. You can't look at the way it is structured, and not think of "Souls.TM"

Still loving and playing it daily. (F14) (40hrs) ($0) worth my winter break for sure :Plurrrrrrrrr

PS: Salt and Sanctuary on a Fight stick is the best, if you get crafty with button config.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.