Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Lollipop Chainsaw

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Jun 12, 2012

This deliberately ridiculous third-person action game stars Juliet Starling, a zombie-slaying cheerleader who's almost as handy with a chainsaw as she is with a pair of pom-poms.

The Next Game From Suda 51 and Akira Yamaoka is...

• 162 results
    galiant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 0

#152  Edited By galiant

@rebgav said:

You're not seeing her panties, you're seeing the gusset of her outfit. You may notice that she's wearing a cheerleading outfit, the skirt is for show not to cover her modesty. And really, you're bent out of shape over the camera angle of a marketing "beauty shot"?

You throw away any pretense of credibility when you compare those shots to Rapelay.

I didn't compare it to RapeLay, I said it was a step towards it...it won't be difficult to find a screenshot from RapeLay with panties. No, I do not know what a "gusset" is, but it sure looks like panties to me. What you think of my credibility is not the point here, I'm not trying to convince you of anything?

My point was that I find the camera angle atrocious because it makes me think of the voyeuristic stuff that comes out of Japan, and that I am not interested in this game because of it.

You can't tell me that how I feel about a game is wrong. I'm not stating fact, I'm telling you how I feel about it. If they choose to market their game with a screenshot like this then naturally I will assume that this won't be the only voyeuristic shot of this cheerleader in this game and that makes me completely uninterested in playing it.

EuanDewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#153  Edited By EuanDewar

I do not like the look of this at all.

galiant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#154  Edited By galiant

@captain_clayman said:

@aButton said:

@Galiant said:

No. This is stupid. Dick-jokes? Fine. That's not so bad. I'm not into it but it doesn't bother me. But low camera angles and panties? Not fine. That crosses a line for me. I say Japan can keep their creepy sexism. I want none of it in my games and I will stay far away from this one.

"I say! Ironic low-brow humor is fine, but sexuality? In MY video games? Why, sir, I never! How dare you belittle these defenseless video game females, Mr. 'Suda 51?' I'll have you know that I have no intention of purchasing your product due in large part to the egregious crimes you have committed against the art of video games, and my contributions to our common organization will end forthwith. You and your cadre of troublemaking Orientals have forgone the accepted hyper-male norms and have sought to bring your twisted Yellow perceptions of the female form to bear, and I will not stand for it! This is America, sir!"
    lmfao fucking classic. dicks dont bother him but panties sure ruffle his feathers.

If you can't see the difference between dick-jokes and outright deliberate voyeurism then we have nothing to discuss.

hyperfludd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

#155  Edited By hyperfludd

This is just....man it's been done before. Even if it's Suda and Akira, meh. At least the music should be great.

ryoma122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#156  Edited By ryoma122

i no this is going to be a wii game i just no it is arg lol 
    any way apart from my wii fear this game is rite up my
    street

Korne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

#157  Edited By Korne
    @BBQBram said:

This reminds me I need to finish my buddy's copy of No More Heroes and get the sequel.

Skip the sequel, but make sure to finish the first game! And get both endings!!!
    joelalfaro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#158  Edited By joelalfaro

Anyone else get a huge Dreamcast / Sega vibe from this?

SleepyDoughnut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#159  Edited By SleepyDoughnut

Is this game really called "Lollipop Chainsaw"? That is AMAZING.

geirr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#160  Edited By geirr

I'm just happy to be hearing more from Akira Yamaoka; and the stupider the game, the more fun he'll probably have.

MeatSim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#161  Edited By MeatSim

Tired of zombie games but I wanna see what a Suda zombie game is.

xpgamer7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#162  Edited By xpgamer7

When I read "Spiritual Successor to No More Heroes" I flipped.

matpaget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#163  Edited By matpaget

Mr. 51, here is a blank check. Write anything you want on it, and I will pay it.

Bigheart711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#164  Edited By Bigheart711

Screw it, I'm buying this! <3

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.