Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mac

Platform »

The Macintosh (Mac) line of personal computers is designed and developed by Apple, Inc. - formerly Apple Computer, Inc. It runs macOS, a Unix operating system. Its current version, macOS 13.4 "Ventura" was released on May 18, 2023.

Bombers' recommended couch keyboard with trackpad for a Mac

BertieWooster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By BertieWooster

Question that I'm sure someone here can help me with:

The fellas seem to get asked this every few months - what is the best compact/lightweight wireless keyboard for light interfacing with a living room PC? I know Vinny and Brad have both answered this in the past, and I've done some forum mining but can't find the answer. I'm not looking for something to game on or anything, just for navigating and opening programs and such. I know they've both talked about an integrated keyboard/trackpad that suffices, so I was wondering if anyone else remembered or has a relatively inexpensive recommendation.

Something with an easy off switch would also be great since we've got an 18-month-old who loves to get into things with buttons.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Corevi

I use a PS4 controller with a virtual keyboard, but I have no clue what Brad and Vinny recommend.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By mike

I've been using the Logitech K750 Solar keyboard for a couple of years. Good range, lightweight, slim, and the battery lasts months and will even charge on ambient light in the room. It has an on/off switch and a button you can push that brings up a battery meter in Windows that shows your current charge and how much light the solar panels are getting. I recommend the K750 to everyone, but it may be a little larger or more expensive than what you're looking for. On the plus side, you won't need any other keyboards.

BertieWooster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I should add bits to this: using on a Mac Mini (older), and it does need to have the trackpad built in. Don't know if that changes any recos.

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Spoonman671

This is actually regular keyboard, but I would think it should work pretty well as a couch keyboard as well. No track pad or anything, but you'll never have to think about batteries again.

Logitech K750

PillClinton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I use this. I like it, works pretty well.

Viqor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pillclinton: I'll second this. It works great on my media center PC.

amafi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Yep, the K400 is pretty great. Not too big, but big enough for typing to be doable, good battery life and range, and semi decent trackpad.
    Been using one for my living room pc for ages.

BBAlpert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

@amafi said:

Yep, the K400 is pretty great. Not too big, but big enough for typing to be doable, good battery life and range, and semi decent trackpad.

Been using one for my living room pc for ages.

I'm using my K400 in bed right now. It's a good buy.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.