Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mad Max

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Sep 01, 2015

An open world action game with an emphasis on vehicular combat, based on the Mad Max character from the series of Australian post-apocalyptic films by George Miller.

Really nice long PR+Polygon playthrough of Mad Max (70 min.)

ScottG13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By ScottG13
    coolarman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 9

The only bad thing is that this game is coming out the same day as metal gear and I have already made my choice in which game I want to get. That is not a slight against this game at all its just that I am on a limited budget in terms of what I can purchase. Shame because I do think the game looks real cool

DougCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@coolarman: same here, but if people like it, ill get it next time i get payed. it seems kind of rad.

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Ares42

Man, the compression on that video, even on high.. Only watched for a minute or two but it seems like it's pretty much the same as the Now Playing Gamespot posted a few days ago.

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

#5  Edited By sammo21

I want this to be the surprise game of 2015 like Shadow of Mordor was for 2014, but like others have said...its out on the same day as Metal Gear so I don't think its gonna be a purchase for a while.

maddman60620

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I think this game is more my taste being an action/car combat versus the stealth action that MGS series I think that having them out on the same day doesn't hurt the other cus I'm sure people like me who are fans of the movie and aren't fans of metal gear would get this game day one or soon after... If it's as good as Just Cause 2 was in gameplay I'm sure that combined with the roadwarrior world should be really fun...

ScottG13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seems like it's going to be similar to Shadow of Mordor. Sneaky good game overshadowed by higher profile things, but end up being a fun play. Probably nothing as innovative as the Nemisis system, but a fun looking literal and figurative sandbox to explore.

Having watched a couple of these "long plays" it seems like they're holding some stuff back, too. There has been mention of underground bunker type areas and secret areas that are "pre-apocalypse" that you get to loot. Really has a strong sense of Fallout to it. They're also alluded DLC. There is no season pass so I'm guessing they're watching pre-sale and sales figures before they decide to do anything substantial. I'd guess a side story similar to Far Cry 4 style.

a_e_martin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scottg13 Here's the same video on YouTube, if you want to edit that into your first post.

Loading Video...

Though I'll be getting both this and The Phantom Pain, I'm guessing this will be taking up most of my attention. It just looks like a dream.

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By handlas

Think it looks really good as well. Hard to choose between this and MGS honestly... I'm sure I'll go with MGS first. Definitely pick this up unless it ends up being not as good as it looks.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

As I said in another thread, it's just surprising that they did so little to evolve the car combat considering thats half of the entire game.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scottg13: i don't remember mordor being overshadowed that much. a lot of people acted like it was the only good thing to come out of 2014.

mikewhy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"thunderpoon"

wat

HoboZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity: It depends on who is running the demo. In some the player has just been ramming other cars, maybe using the flames once or twice. I saw a dev demo where they showed off a lot more of the car combat options: you can target parts of the other cars with your shotgun, or thunderstick, or the harpoon launcher. Once certain bits are torn off you have additional options - you can harpoon off a wheel, or armor, or harpoon off the door or windshield then harpoon the driver, yanking him out. There was an advanced move you unlock to harpoon the back or a vehicle, then quickly retract to ram them, and I recall seeing the wire used as a tripwire too.

Not saying it's going to be deep enough to support the entire experience, it might wear thin really quick. Just that a lot of the demos have been really poorly done.

49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

It looks pretty cool actually, I'm looking forward to it going on sale as it looks like it's going to be a solid game. I love the desert setting too, it reminds me of Jak 3.

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

If you're going to talk during a gameplay demo, talk about what you're doing, not about something totally different.

ScottG13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ripelivejam: You're right. There was nothing like MSG5 in the Mordor launch window. I meant more generally in the season with higher profile franchises like Super Smash Brothers, COD, AC, Borderlands, etc. Established sequels. It's fun when a non-sequel catches you by surprise. Especially when it feels like the publisher and developers do right by an established canonical source material (like Mordor and hopefully with Mad Max.

ch3burashka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Some of those characters are Character Of The Year nominees. I hope Max's dead-wife story actually goes somewhere.

ScottG13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By ScottG13

Another good live play. At about 33" mark, a QA guy comes on to play and he's pretty good. He plays like you'll probably play after 10 or 12 hours or so with the game.

Loading Video...

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Max Maddian

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

@humanity said:

As I said in another thread, it's just surprising that they did so little to evolve the car combat considering thats half of the entire game.

Have you seen Gamespot's Now Playing video of this game? It seems like they're doing a lot of stuff with car combat, there's a long segment where the player is chasing after a convoy and they're handling a lot of different stuff. Different weapons, a harpoon, driving, ramming - if there was any more going on, it would be nearly impossible.

I haven't really been keeping up with this game that much but now that I'm watching gameplay videos of it, I think it looks pretty awesome. Will probably buy it.

a_e_martin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By a_e_martin
    Hadokinz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When I saw the 1st teaser pics of Borderlands 1, I thought of Mad Max. Those pics looked like this game. I'm glad this is coming out. This is what Borderlands should have been.

No Caption Provided
    newmoneytrash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@hadokinz: diablo meets mad max sounds incredible

too bad borderlands became...... borderlands 2

fetchfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've always loved the setting and movies, so I hope they've crafted a fun and interesting world with a good mainstory. and man, those storms. Looks good.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.