Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mafia III

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Oct 07, 2016

The third game in the open world crime series. Mafia III follows Vietnam veteran, mixed-race Lincoln Clay in 1960s New Bordeaux, when racism is blooming, as he aspires for revenge against those who have harmed his family.

We will see this game at e3, but what are the chances it ships this year.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 18

It seems to me that while we might see another clip or there might even be a vertical slice of the show floor, this game ain't coming this year.

Yet, I sure hope I'm wrong about that because it woudl be awesome to have another open world crime game. I always liked the 'empire building of these games, and I wish one of these games (likely not Mafia 3) would start moving away from being so 'shooter centric' into a more world building concept. That is one thing I can appreciate about Grand Theft Auto, they put in heists and other game play so that even the most recent game was not all gun play.

hans_maulwurf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By hans_maulwurf

Have you ever played Godfather II? Because that is an empire building open world crime game. As a long time Mafia fan, I gotta say I'd be fine with that series remaining as it always was: a story-focused shooter with an open world, but mostly without open-world gameplay.

ThePanzini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.