Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 2

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Jan 26, 2010

After a violent death by an unknown force and a timely reanimation by the human supremacist organization Cerberus, Commander Shepard must assemble a new squad in the seedier side of the galaxy for a suicide mission in the second installment of the "Mass Effect" trilogy.

Is the downloadable PS3 version supposed to be real slow?

rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 17

#1  Edited By rjayb89

The loading times are real bad, there's even loading times for when I want to look at my saves. And usually, on the 360 version, loading Shepard's cabin in the Normandy would be the quickest one, but in this version it takes as long as it does to load the CIC floor in the 360 version, which is to say it's kinda unusual. The game kinda looks better, except during some closeups of The Illusive Man's face, and in this case I think there is like one less Cinematic Light in use, something you can control in the PC version, in which you can have up to 3 at once.

I know, not really a big problem, but as someone who has foolishly purchased all versions of the game, I hope PS3 players don't get the shaft when it comes to Mass Effect 3 because man, these load times are seriously real bad. At least they provided the option to swap R1 with R2 and L1 with L2, effectively making the button mapping similar to the 360's (i.e. triggers for zoom/shoot).

ftomato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By ftomato

@rjayb89: Can't really compare without seeing both, but the load times on the PS3 disc were long, in every loading screen.

tehbull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By tehbull

Yup, the loading times are insane in the PS3 version. When I started playing the PC after the PS3 version I got very sad at how almost instant the loading screens were on PC.

Avatar image for willthemagicasian
    WilltheMagicAsian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By WilltheMagicAsian

Putting a 7200 RPM hard drive, or if you're crazy an SSD, in the PS3 might help the load times a bit, I know that was the case with GT5.

ftomato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By ftomato

If anyone is looking to use an SSD, look into it carefully - it's expensive and I remember that it was only found an improvement in GT5 out of a decent sample size.

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By N7

The load times sucked for all versions of that game. Just gives you more time to think of how phat Amanda's ass is. Yea gurl, hehehe,

impartialgecko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By impartialgecko

@N7: Miranda, I remember the name of the ass as well

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.