Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 2

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Jan 26, 2010

After a violent death by an unknown force and a timely reanimation by the human supremacist organization Cerberus, Commander Shepard must assemble a new squad in the seedier side of the galaxy for a suicide mission in the second installment of the "Mass Effect" trilogy.

ME2 is more RPG not less.

• 55 results
    Maxism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Maxism

You play the role as Commander Shepard and you will make decisions that will affect the universe throughout three games. There is a huge emphasis on character development and story. If it isn't an RPG, then the genre needs to be renamed; maybe to inventory, and stat management games (ISMG)?

It is more RPG than most JRPGs. JRPGs are linear, and you are playing the role of someone else, and you don't get to make many if any decisions. You are playing a role where you, the player, can make decisions and choose how you want to be remembered in the universe. It seems that the people who are saying Mass Effect isn't a shooter are those who are caught up in old gameplay conventions.

In short, you care about the characters and the decisions you make more than finding a weapon that does 1 more hit point of damage than the one you have.

Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#52  Edited By Afroman269

This argument is getting annoying. I still believe that this game is still an RPG and if people want to continue to deny that then that's cool. *Goes back to ME 2

jNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#53  Edited By jNerd
    @CL60 said:
    " @Cube said:
    " Thanks for the heads up - all but confirming I will never play it. "
    Okay? Have fun missing out on an amazing RPG. "
    Seconded. Cube's loss.
    Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#54  Edited By Yummylee

No its not, its less of an RPG than ME1, its a better game by all means, but by the RPG equivalent it is a drop from the original.
    Mandance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#55  Edited By Mandance
    @Maxism:  Dragon age isn't a better RPG then mass effect 2 because you can spend hours searching for loot.  That part of dragon age was cut back to the point of only having a dozen magical items.  It's a better RPG because the world feels lived in.  The choices you make in that game are deeper and have a more profound effect in the game world.  While ME2 galaxy  map is essentially a level select.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.