Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 3

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Mar 06, 2012

When Earth begins to fall in an ancient cycle of destruction, Commander Shepard must unite the forces of the galaxy to stop the Reapers in the final chapter of the original Mass Effect trilogy.

Infiltrator bug (Scope slow-mo not working)

LiquidSword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By LiquidSword

So I just started mass effect 3. Imported my character and started at level 30 since I reached the level cap in ME2. I chose infiltrator since that has been my favorite class, but it seems the sniper time dilation is not working. It is supposed to be a 35% slowdown but when I zoom in there is no slow down at all. Any other infiltrators having this problem?

marmalade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By marmalade

I haven't been able to import my xbox saves yet, but I got too impatient and decided to start a new infiltrator Shep. My new infiltrator has 25% dilation, I believe, but I also get no slow down at all. I don't like that at all as I'm still getting used to aiming with a mouse (stupid no game pad support!).

tattoohead123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By tattoohead123

I have this same issue with an import, i ended up switching to adept because of it (that slow pretty much makes the infiltrator) i will test this tonight but i wonder if weight has anny efect on the ability kind of like it slows down recharge time. if anyone finds a solution to this bug please opst it because i would love to play my infiltrator lol

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Ares42

You sure it's not just because the 35% slowdown is barely noticable ? It wasn't before I installed the extra slowdown mod that I really noticed it. Also, ofc it doesn't last forever, if you're keeping your scope up.

BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By BoG

I played the entire game with an infiltrator, and only ever saw slowdown with a sniper attachment. I never tried to figure out what the problem was.

Pinworm45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Pinworm45

The time dilation from the talents alone is very small. It's not extremely noticable. You'll get a mod that increases it, and your talent will add on to that. Then you'll notice it.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#7  Edited By Yummylee

@Pinworm45 said:

The time dilation from the talents alone is very small. It's not extremely noticable. You'll get a mod that increases it, and your talent will add on to that. Then you'll notice it.

I dislike how now anyone can take advantage of sniper slo-mo. It seemed fitting in ME1/ME2 because it helped illustrate an Infiltrator's natural prowess with sniper rifles, and now it also means that no matter what class you play as, you can now indulge into an over-powered extravaganza with your slow-mo snipin'. It makes an entire weapon category OP now instead of just the single class (Geth shoot-through-walls-Sniper = 'you've already won' for most battles when using the slo-mo mod). I feel like it might short change a lot of the other classes abilities if most just use the sniper-rifle.

Even though each class can use any weapon, I personally still can't help but use their ''appropriate'' gear, like shotguns for Vanguards, and I'll probably roll with Assault Rifles + Handgun with my Sentinel. Just feels truer to the class.

tattoohead123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By tattoohead123

IMHO i think the solder is going to be the best sniper in ME3 (wich is kind of sad) with the scope mods available to all classes and the fact that solder has adrenalin rush they seem to have far beter tools at there disposal, the only thing they are missing is cloak (wich is a good ability dont get me wrong) but overall infiltrator has lost its charm.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.