Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 3

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Mar 06, 2012

When Earth begins to fall in an ancient cycle of destruction, Commander Shepard must unite the forces of the galaxy to stop the Reapers in the final chapter of the original Mass Effect trilogy.

Mass Effect 3 Citadel glitch?

Avatar image for phantomgardener
    PhantomGardener

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By PhantomGardener

Has anyone else experienced the Dock: Holding Area Glitch at the Citadel?

I have the ps3 version of the game. When I'm in the Citadel and trying to go to the holding area, it cuts to a loading screen first, then I just get an black screen, but I can hear some music..

It's really annoying cause I got some side missions in that area that I can't do cause of that glitch.

gilletteg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By gilletteg

I am experiencing this exact same problem. I too have PS3 version. No matter which area of the Citidel I try to load to the Dock, I am getting this black screen.

macdreamer01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By macdreamer01

I have also been experiencing that. I have had to restart my progress at the docking stage. I cannot do the Aria mission without getting there. Pretty disappointed.

I am trying to enter it from the main level as i type this...

unrider908

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By unrider908

I figured out how to get around this glitch. Go in the elevator and click the dock. Right when the loading screen comes up hit the PS button to bring up your PS3 menu. It will load up in the background and should be successful. I have done it and it worked. It sounds crazy but try it and I hope it works.

allenibrahim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By allenibrahim

Same issue here. It actually works for me when I go to the docks from certain floor but not others. I'll try unrdier908's fix though.

starwarsxbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By starwarsxbox

unrider908, thank you, i was so mad i couldn't get into the holding area. i restarted my system at least 10 times, cleaned my disc. So once again, thank you.

unrider908

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By unrider908

So now that I have tried my way multiple times and in the process have driven myself crazy, I think that it may just be random when the game finally loads the area. I have been able to load it up four times out of 20 tries. They need to patch this game fast. Starwarsxbox, keep trying different floors to start from and you should get the load up.

PolygonSlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By PolygonSlayer

@PhantomGardener: I had this as well for the first 4-5 hours or so of the game. After a certain part in the game it seemed to simply just stop happening. Might have been with a certain "scenario" of one of the areas being glitchy and once you passed that point in the story it doesn't happen anymore. I just ended up saving before changing floors when I was on the Citadel.

unrider908

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By unrider908

@PolygonSlayer: Ah, OK, cool. I did everything I needed to do there for now. Not sure if I need to go back, but thanks for letting me know that. Hopefully next time I will be at that point your talking about were it just stops.

Master_Thief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By Master_Thief

this seems major

Avatar image for phantomgardener
    PhantomGardener

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By PhantomGardener

@PolygonSlayer said:

@PhantomGardener: I had this as well for the first 4-5 hours or so of the game. After a certain part in the game it seemed to simply just stop happening. Might have been with a certain "scenario" of one of the areas being glitchy and once you passed that point in the story it doesn't happen anymore. I just ended up saving before changing floors when I was on the Citadel.

Yeah that seems to be the case. I went through the same scenario myself, and after that the glitch was gone.

Grey42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Grey42

I have encountered the same problem and a possible workaround. I can only confirm that this works on PS3. Some important preliminary points. My first run through of the game I did not encounter this glitch. However I did encounter the Citadel: Hanar Diplomat glitch whereby none of the terminals in the citadel would work and I could not complete the quest. During my second run through I took steps to ensure that this glitch did not happen. Subsequently I started to encounter the glitch where attempting to get to the refugee camp would freeze the system. It is impossible to say but completing Citadel: Hanar Diplomat may create the conditions that cause the refugee camp glitch. Of course, due to the nature of Mass Effect a myriad of choices may be related to the glitch. There is no way to know. It would seem that the glitch does not occur until after initiating Aria: Eclipse and speaking with Jona Sederis. This is important because you should visit the refugee camp prior to doing so. You will likely do this is you have completed Citadel: Hanar Diplomat or have started Aria: Blue Suns. Once you speak with Sederis do not use the elevator to reach the camp. Instead return to the Normandy. Once there dock with the citadel. You will be prompted to select where you would like to visit in the citadel. Select refugee camp. The glitch will not occur and you will be able to visit the camp and complete Aria: Eclipse or do anything else you need to in the camp. I have found that this workaround works consistently. I have continued to use this workaround as I'm not sure when the glitch ceases to occur. If I figure that out I'll post an update. So until Bioware delivers a patch use the Normandy as your bridge to the refugee camp and you shouldn't have any problems. Just remember to visit the camp prior to starting Aria: Eclipse so that the option to travel to the camp directly from the Normandy is made available.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#13  Edited By StarvingGamer

Patch fix tomorrow

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.