Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 3

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Mar 06, 2012

When Earth begins to fall in an ancient cycle of destruction, Commander Shepard must unite the forces of the galaxy to stop the Reapers in the final chapter of the original Mass Effect trilogy.

Metacritic user reviews for Mass Effect 3

• 75 results
    NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#51  Edited By NekuSakuraba

I think Bioware just keeps getting hate for everything they do. It's a shame really, they are a great company.

What even caused this? Dragon Age 2? Sure it wasn't that good of a game but should one game earn a company so much hate?

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

#52  Edited By JasonR86

A large reason why I sometimes can't stand the internet is exemplified by the dumb mother-fuckers who give games like ME 3 '0's on metacritic.

Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#53  Edited By Winternet

Metacritic user reviews are worth less than a penny. And we all know how much worthless a penny is.

sickVisionz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#54  Edited By sickVisionz

@Cataphract1014 said:

@scerviche said:

Mass Effect was great, a fun RPG. Mass Effect 2 was a shitty 3rd person shooter. Not even going to bother with ME 3, its not even an RPG any more.

Also, looking how shitty swtor turned out, I will not buy bioware games unless they are crazy good.

What makes an RPG an RPG? Numbers? Stat based combat? I don't get it.

Yes and yes on both. Those aren't the only things but they are two key things.

sins_of_mosin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 7

#55  Edited By sins_of_mosin

Its the same thing on any game site that lets users post reviews. If its a exclusive, the fanboys for the other console will create trash reviews. If its a major series, the haters who simply want to hate because they think its cool will create trash reviews. Since pubs put a lot of stock into what metacritic shows for a game, I think that site should stop letting users do reviews as there are plenty of sites for that stuff.

jimi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#56  Edited By jimi

It's just a bunch of butthurt nerds circlejerking.

Wait... I just might have summarised the internet as a whole.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#57  Edited By JasonR86

@Jimi said:

It's just a bunch of butthurt nerds circlejerking.

Wait... I just might have summarised the internet as a whole.

phrosnite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By phrosnite

User review scores don't matter. Never did, never will.

emem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#59  Edited By emem

At least most of them aren't very smart and rate it 0... easy to find, easy to delete.

Gaff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#60  Edited By Gaff

@Grumbel said:

@potatomash3r said:

I think its bias both ways. Its either a 10 or 0.

The 0 score is of course meaningless as an actual review, but it tells you when something iffy is up with a game that regular reviewers didn't bother to complain about (i.e. things like problematic DRM, day-one DLC and other issues).

Though I still can't see how problematic DRM, day-one DLC, the addition of multiplayer, on-disc DLC, On-line Passes, publisher business practices, lore continuity, a perceived dumbing down and pandering to the mainstream, a perceived disrespect for the fans, cosmetic changes to the character designs and whatever rabid "fans of the series" can drum up affect the disc I put into my console.

Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#61  Edited By Karl_Boss

A lot of popular game have shit metacritic user scores because people spam negative reviews....Modern Warfare 3 has an even lower metacritic user score than Mass Effect 3.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#62  Edited By JJOR64

People are still playing attention to User Reviews on Metacritic?

Arker101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#63  Edited By Arker101

@NekuSakuraba said:

I think Bioware just keeps getting hate for everything they do. It's a shame really, they are a great company.

What even caused this? Dragon Age 2? Sure it wasn't that good of a game but should one game earn a company so much hate?

It started with ME2, that game was taken in a different direction then the original was, same thing with DA2, and DA2 was also rushed and had poorer writing. There are some extremists who say those game were bad overall. I say ME2 and DA2 were fun to play, it had good choices and cinematics, but you can see that the changes in those games compared to the prequels would warrant some anger from fans of the first games. ME3 didn't have the problem of being drastically different then its prequel, but it didn't end a trilogy like many expected, including myself.

There is a reason why DA and ME are popular series. They are great games overall, but there is also a reason why some of the more (for lack of a better descriptor) core fans of these series are upset with the direction Bioware has taken them.

Ihmishylje

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#64  Edited By Ihmishylje

@Arker101 said:

@NekuSakuraba said:

It started with ME2, that game was taken in a different direction then the original was, same thing with DA2, and DA2 was also rushed and had poorer writing. There are some extremists who say those game were bad overall. I say ME2 and DA2 were fun to play, it had good choices and cinematics, but you can see that the changes in those games compared to the prequels would warrant some anger from fans of the first games. ME3 didn't have the problem of being drastically different then its prequel, but it didn't end a trilogy like many expected, including myself.

There is a reason why DA and ME are popular series. They are great games overall, but there is also a reason why some of the more (for lack of a better descriptor) core fans of these series are upset with the direction Bioware has taken them.

Also, EA, man. People love to hate EA. Not that I don't think that some of the shitty decisions in Bioware games were dictated by EA, but still. People love to hate anyone who "sold out."

Arker101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Arker101

@Ihmishylje said:

@Arker101 said:

@NekuSakuraba said:

Also, EA, man. People love to hate EA. Not that I don't think that some of the shitty decisions in Bioware games were dictated by EA, but still. People love to hate anyone who "sold out."

Bioware has stated that it has made all of it's decisions, not EA. I understand why some would think that, but they have issued a statement on that. I think the "From Ashes" kerfuffle was what caused them to state that.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By mordukai

User reviews on Metacritic should always be taken seriously. /s

Phoenix778m

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Phoenix778m

I'm a little confused? Does the main character have to have sex with anyone specific? I don't care either way but I though you had to push the game in those role playing directions. They make is sound as if Bioware is raping them. On a side note; I felt a little less manly after I knocked boots with Jack in ME2.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e851fc84effd
    deactivated-5e851fc84effd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think it's secret otion C, that being "It's metacritic."

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By MrKlorox

Just because they haven't played it doesn't mean it won't be a major let down for some folks. Yes you shouldn't rate something you have no experience with, but you also shouldn't look at Metacritic's user reviews seriously, ever.

coaxmetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By coaxmetal

I have reasons for not playing ME3, but I do find the metacritic user reviews hilarious. Although, on the other end, some of the critic reviews are pretty laughable too (only IGN comes to mind, really).

Avatar image for solarisdeschain
    solarisdeschain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By solarisdeschain

Shit like what's happening over on Metacritic right now is why I have nearly nothing but contempt for the video gaming community. Thank God this kind of juvenile spamming bullshit is relatively tame here at Giant Bomb..

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By toowalrus

We really need to quit caring about this shit, pissy fanboys will never be happy if the next iteration of a game isn't quite as good as it's predecessor, and there's nothing we can do about it.

coolarman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 9

#73  Edited By coolarman

@solarisdeschain said:

Shit like what's happening over on Metacritic right now is why I have nearly nothing but contempt for the video gaming community. Thank God this kind of juvenile spamming bullshit is relatively tame here at Giant Bomb..

AGREED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By 137

@FritzDude said:

While people are bashing each other on metacritic with scores I'm enjoying myself with a good game and story.

*Opening a can of soda*

Cheers.

I think the real difference between mass effect 1, 2, and 3 is that they're all completely different games.

1st one, rpg'ish shooter, mako, tons of hours wasted doing nothing to get 100 percent game completion. All and all an enjoyable experience you can play over and over and mix and match your choice to see how you can throw the narrative off. The fact your playthrough and decisions affect the second game blows my mind.

2nd one you become the hero/enemy of the galaxy and get to explore and do whatever the hell you want, although the games path once you hop in it is linear I thoroughly enjoyed all of the sidequests and dlc for a 100 percent completion and has warranted 3 playthroughs each complete minute the overlord dlc on my paragon playthrough.

3rd game, so far the game does seen linear, if I want to explore a system and scan for cool stuff a reaper buttrape is imminent. So it's like you gotta stay on the path, I am really not fond of how a lot of characters are being dealt with like key characters in season 5 of "the wire" but shiiiiiiiiiiiiiet I get it. This is the last game, everything rides on this 1 and 2 was the game to have your fun. Game 3 is the end all be all of Shepards Journey so I dunno why everyone is so damn butthurt.

I miss the hacking mini games, seems they give you auto credits every now and then so I always have tons of money to spend, I'm almost level 49 after 4-5 hours of playing and I'm afraid to explore certain area's because of said reaper gangrape. Otherwise it's a pretty solid game, and I'm just happy to be playing mass effect again. My hugest grips!!!

Not being able to sheath your weapons. *GOD THIS BUGS THE SHIT OUT OF ME!!!* I'm so spoiled by skyrim.

that damn roll everytime I tap spacebar in a heavy combat situation and it's the equivalent of a snake eyes roll in craps. (back turned to the enemy, 2 turrets and a heavy) only to continuously roll in a frantic panic and get the sweet game over you got raped. LOL Seriously the only 2 times I died.

Totoni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Totoni

Metacritic as a site is not so bad. I primarily use Giant Bomb as a main review, but I think it is important to find out what the census is. But reading the user reviews on Metacritic is stupid. People are just giving it 0's and 10's to have as big as possible impact on the collective score.

It may also have to do with Metacritic's twitter-like reviews. You can only write around 160 characters. I'm not sure but it may be an idea to make people write some longer reviews, like on Giant Bomb. Most of the user reviews I've read here are mostly rational. Mostly...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.