Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 3

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Mar 06, 2012

When Earth begins to fall in an ancient cycle of destruction, Commander Shepard must unite the forces of the galaxy to stop the Reapers in the final chapter of the original Mass Effect trilogy.

So I refused Diana Allers a spot on the Normandy...

• 83 results
    Mooshu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Mooshu

This was before I understood the whole concept of War Assets. Will this bite me in the ass later? Or can my war assets be made up in other ways, like multiplayer?

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

@Mooshu: She is worth a whoppin' 5 points of War Assets. Don't worry about it.

I mean, oh no! You didn't bring reporter lady with you! You'll never beat the Reapers nao!

Mooshu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Mooshu

Doesn't she add multipliers to other things though?

Avatar image for lordxavierbritish
    LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By LordXavierBritish

The one reporter in the game you can't punch.

Pretty sure there is no reason to ever interact with her ever.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#5  Edited By Dagbiker

Never refuse a woman.

Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Doctorchimp

@LordXavierBritish said:

The one reporter in the game you can't punch. Pretty sure there is no reason to ever interact with her ever.

I put her on my ship as an albatross to remind me what Bioware has become...

Mooshu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Mooshu

I will if that woman is Jessica Chobot, and if said character just comes off as some sort of scummy IGN promotion thing.

CptBedlam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By CptBedlam

@Dagbiker said:

Never refuse a woman.

Always refuse an IGN editor.

Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#9  Edited By Red

Thank god she's worse so little. I denied her, even though I'm full paragon.

I just can't stand Jessica "Epic. Epic for the Win" Chobot.

Heltom92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Heltom92

@Mooshu said:

I will if that woman is Jessica Chobot, and if said character just comes off as some sort of scummy IGN promotion thing.

I haven't played the game yet but does it really come off as some sort of promotion? Seems like a fairly harmless cameo to me but I could be wrong.

mosdl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By mosdl

Which doctor did you get? I wonder if that has any effect

Mooshu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Mooshu

@Heltom92 said:

@Mooshu said:

I haven't played the game yet but does it really come off as some sort of promotion? Seems like a fairly harmless cameo to me but I could be wrong.

I'll admit it's just from a personal perspective. But seeing how Jessica Chobot doesn't really have any formal acting experience, and seeing just how much IGN is promoting/praising the game... Yeah, it just seems that way.

In the game though? No, there isn't any overt IGN promotion.

Ping5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#13  Edited By Ping5000

Wait, I have question.

You can completely deny Chobot from being part of the crew? Will there be an empty slot where she should be or I can put someone else in that slot?

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@Heltom92

@Mooshu said:

It doesn't come off as anything, 80% of everyone wouldn't know who the fuck that was.

I understand the Alexander Payne idea of instead of hiring actors to pretend to be reporters, just get reporters to pretend to be actors, but Chobot is so bland that ... Maybe she's too close to reality? I don't know, she didn't leap off the screen as a character.
    donchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By donchipotle

I regretted bringing her on my ship when she asked "How much gear can I bring?" and she said it like "Hwmcgrcnbrg". Quality voice work.

DrDarkStryfe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By DrDarkStryfe

She netted me about 400 total points to my War Assets total. Those interviews do pack them in.

I am still ticked she got the third voice acting credit in the credit roll. How does she gets a spot over Seth Green, Lance Henrickson, and Freddie Prinze Jr?

qawsed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By qawsed

I was thinking her voice was really out of place. Now it all makes sense.. IGN tie in / 'sexy nerd girl' pandering to the audience.

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#18  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

I said she could come on because I assume I could interact with her on the ship. I have yet to find her though, maybe she is hiding in a air duct somewhere, getting the rawest scoops.

DrDarkStryfe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By DrDarkStryfe

@ImmortalSaiyan: She's on the Engineering deck, in the room Zaeed used,

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Hunkulese

@LordXavierBritish said:

The one reporter in the game you can't punch. Pretty sure there is no reason to ever interact with her ever.

You have an awful lot to say about the game for someone who thinks it's an egregious travesty. Why are you wasting time talking about a game you'll never play? Move on buddy.

LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Hunkulese said:

@LordXavierBritish said:

You have an awful lot to say about the game for someone who thinks it's an egregious travesty. Why are you wasting time talking about a game you'll never play? Move on buddy.

I think the funniest thing to me is most of you have spent more time talking about me than Mass Effect.
    Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Hunkulese

@LordXavierBritish said:

@Hunkulese said:

@LordXavierBritish said:

I think the funniest thing to me is most of you have spent more time talking about me than Mass Effect.

Huh?

andrew2696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By andrew2696

@DonChipotle: You can kick her off.

Avatar image for radio_resistance
    Radio_Resistance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Radio_Resistance

@Doctorchimp said:

@LordXavierBritish said:

"Way I remember it, albatross was a ship's good luck, 'til some idiot killed it... Yes, I've read a poem, try not to faint."

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Skald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#25  Edited By Skald

@Radio_Resistance said:

@Doctorchimp said:

@LordXavierBritish said:

"Way I remember it, albatross was a ship's good luck, 'til some idiot killed it... Yes, I've read a poem, try not to faint."

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Classic. You deserve much kudos.

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 12

#26  Edited By Phatmac

Still don't get why she's even a part of this game. A D-list internet celeb has no place in this game.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By hatking

@DrDarkStryfe said:

She netted me about 400 total points to my War Assets total. Those interviews do pack them in.

I am still ticked she got the third voice acting credit in the credit roll. How does she gets a spot over Seth Green, Lance Henrickson, and Freddie Prinze Jr?

A shot in the dark here, but maybe it has something to do with the alphabet. I haven't watched the credits though, I'm just assuming.

myke_tuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#28  Edited By myke_tuna

Is this hate because she's Jessica Chobot or because she's an "internet celeb" and in the game that is causing the hate? I don't remember this much hate when Felicia Day or Veronica Belmont were in Dragon Age and Fallout New Vegas respectively.

Anyway, I don't really mind her even though I feel like she's only there because of IGN and being a pretty face. I took her because I didn't want to miss anything. I'll leave her when I replay renegade though.

Jost1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 17

#29  Edited By Jost1

Don't want IGN people in my game, in my console, on my ship, on my internet, anywhere

mikular

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By mikular

@Ping5000: My understanding (not out here yet) is that she's not a full combat crew member, but just a journalist that you can allow to stay on the ship and write stories etc., sort of like a war correspondent tagging along with Real Life Army Menz.

SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By SeriouslyNow
    @Brodehouse said:
    @Heltom92

@Mooshu said:

It doesn't come off as anything, 80% of everyone wouldn't know who the fuck that was. I understand the Alexander Payne idea of instead of hiring actors to pretend to be reporters, just get reporters to pretend to be actors, but Chobot is so bland that ... Maybe she's too close to reality? I don't know, she didn't leap off the screen as a character.
    Jessica Chobot?  I'm Australian, never watch cable and I know who she is.  A lot of people know who she is mate.  This is most certainly an exercise in self promotion by IGN.
    Zaxex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#32  Edited By Zaxex

My problem with it is that she just isn't a good voice actor. A cameo is one thing, but she plays a pretty prominent character and immediately takes you out of the immersion when you hear her speak, or I guess if you recognize her. I refused her presence on my ship, despite the fact I'd rather go that route, taking interviews to sway reputation or whatever. It's just too distracting, I wouldn't have cared at all if she was convincing.

Simplexity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#33  Edited By Simplexity

That is all.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Dagbiker

@LordXavierBritish said:

@Hunkulese said:

@LordXavierBritish said:

Are you implying you are Jessica Chobot? i find that hard to believe considering your post history.

kerse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#35  Edited By kerse

@LordXavierBritish said:

Is it bad that it always makes me happy when I can punch a reporter in these games?

Rolyatkcinmai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Rolyatkcinmai

@Hunkulese said:

@LordXavierBritish said:

This. It's getting real fucking old.

You were wrong, the game is great, move the fuck on.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#37  Edited By Humanity

People are getting kind of ridiculous. Who cares? Self promotion for IGN? What?

The saddest thing is that they probably thought putting her in the game would be kind of a cool thing to do for the gaming community since a lot of people recognize her. Like hey, theres that girl you know! They could have put Adam Sessler in the game, called him Adam Sessex and made him a space video game journalist and people would have been more or less OK with it. At the end of the day there are a lot of suits involved and putting in an attractive looking female that's also an anchor for a huge gaming network probably seemed like a cool idea.

Just remember, no one did this to spite you. Jessica Chobot wouldn't be flipping you off when you turned around to take the lift back to the bridge. It's harmless fun.

mikey87144

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By mikey87144

@Heltom92 said:

@Mooshu said:

No she doesn't. She's a lot like the two extra characters in Mass Effect 2. You don't really have to talk to her but she has had some interesting dialogue. As I'm not a regular visitor to IGN anymore, and even when I was never really payed any attention to the content she was in, I'm not really bothered she's there. If you're also asking if she mentions IGN in any way no she does not.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By CL60
    @Rolyatkcinmai

@Hunkulese said:

@LordXavierBritish said:

Him? Move on? Don't be silly.
    donchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By donchipotle

@andrew2696 said:

@DonChipotle: You can kick her off.

Once someone goes on the Normandy, they stay on. That's how Shepard do.

Freshbandito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Freshbandito

@Humanity said:

People are getting kind of ridiculous. Who cares? Self promotion for IGN? What?

The saddest thing is that they probably thought putting her in the game would be kind of a cool thing to do for the gaming community since a lot of people recognize her. Like hey, theres that girl you know! They could have put Adam Sessler in the game, called him Adam Sessex and made him a space video game journalist and people would have been more or less OK with it. At the end of the day there are a lot of suits involved and putting in an attractive looking female that's also an anchor for a huge gaming network probably seemed like a cool idea.

Just remember, no one did this to spite you. Jessica Chobot wouldn't be flipping you off when you turned around to take the lift back to the bridge. It's harmless fun.

This post reaffirmed my faith in Humanity.

Boom!! 5 humour points!

project343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By project343

@Mooshu said:

Maybe I'm wrong. But didn't she leave IGN Fall 2011?

LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@CL60 said:
    @Rolyatkcinmai

@Hunkulese said:

@LordXavierBritish said:

Him? Move on? Don't be silly.
    @LordXavierBritish said:
    Canteu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Canteu

I have no idea who Jessica Shazbot is, as I have never visited IGN, nor watched any of the IGN videos on the 360 dashboard.

(obviously I have some idea now due to this thread)

Why is a non reporter in my videogame? She's not a voice actor, nor is she a reporter. I'm not quite sure why she was hired over say, a voice actor with experience.

stryker1121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By stryker1121

I let her on the ship for the ridiculous outfit alone. Apparently reporters of the future wear form-fitting wetsuits, kids. Ultimately, having Chobot in the game is harmless, but as her voice acting is bland (to put it kindly), I find it curious that BioWare wanted her for the game at all besides the cheap press they would accrue.

sins_of_mosin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 7

#46  Edited By sins_of_mosin

She is barely eye candy for IGN's daily videos and in the game, it has to be the worse voice acting character. I was hoping for a chance for her to be killed. I'm not anti-IGN, I just think she is given way to much credit because she is a girl on a video game site.

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By AndrewB

I openly cringed the moment I realized I'd just met her in the game. Came here just to figure out if it was really necessary taking her along. *Sigh* I guess I will...

By the way, don't take that as a personal attack on the actual person. I just don't like the pandering, and the acting is not so great.

Grixxel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Grixxel

@DrDarkStryfe: Because her last name starts with a C? Who fucking knows.

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By AndrewB

@Canteu said:

I have no idea who Jessica Shazbot is, as I have never visited IGN, nor watched any of the IGN videos on the 360 dashboard.

(obviously I have some idea now due to this thread)

Why is a non reporter in my videogame? She's not a voice actor, nor is she a reporter. I'm not quite sure why she was hired over say, a voice actor with experience.

That was actually my thought too. Hell, with all of the characters in the game (Shepard, for example), they have a separate model and accompanying voice actor.

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By napalm

I'm still trying to figure out what all these new screens like War Assets and shit are.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.